It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Addresses President Obama And Guests At White House (Full Transcript)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Strawman. I never said that science is flawless so I am not going to answer this ridiculous question.

You wont answer because you refuse to confront the possibility that you support political motivated, bad science.

So basically you are saying that not even the leader of your religion can convince you to reconsider your confirmation bias towards science? Such a shame...

My religion? Oh I see, you're making assumptions.

I dont subscribe to any religion. I dont believe in it. I do find it funny that a bunch of leftists who hate Christianity are suddenly singing its leader's praises.
edit on 23-9-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I just don't get it, I guess. What did the pope say really? Be protective of our planet, help others in need, and forgive others of their faults. Ok, how is that anything new? (Other than he is probably going to demand some giant Global Tax to be funneled and distributed through a select committee of globalists.)

I have an issue with someone dressed in finery, surrounded by articles of gold and pomp and circumstance, and parading through the lowly masses as if he were God Himself in a vehicle that costs $350,000, all the while preaching that the world needs to do something about poverty and excess.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I just don't get it, I guess. What did the pope say really? Be protective of our planet, help others in need, and forgive others of their faults. Ok, how is that anything new? (Other than he is probably going to demand some giant Global Tax to be funneled and distributed through a select committee of globalists.)

I have an issue with someone dressed in finery, surrounded by articles of gold and pomp and circumstance, and parading through the lowly masses as if he were God Himself in a vehicle that costs $350,000, all the while preaching that the world needs to do something about poverty and excess.

LOL, exactly!

Especially when he wants "everyone else" to pay for it.
edit on 23-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
You wont answer because you refuse to confront the possibility that you support political motivated, bad science.

No, I won't answer because it is a strawman. I already told you that.

I dont subscribe to any religion. I dont believe in it. I do find it funny that a bunch of leftists who hate Christianity are suddenly singing its leader's praises.

I'm not a leftist. I just happen to know how science works and that denying it just because the media tells you to is utterly stupid. NOW who is making assumptions?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I'm not a leftist. I just happen to know how science works and that denying it just because the media tells you to is utterly stupid. NOW who is making assumptions?

Science works when a hypothesis is tested to the point it becomes a theory. Once that theory bears out over a long period of time, it becomes a law. AGW theory is trash science. None of the models are right. None of the predictions are right. This is because the so called scientist claiming its settled, dont know as much as they think they do OR they are toeing a line in order to get paid.

In regards to the media, they toe the line you're currently pushing, so not sure how you can claim to be above doing what the media tells you. I dont even watch TV, so no media influence here. I'm just using common sense.
edit on 23-9-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well, now that one of major Christian figures has decreed that both climate change and amnesty are good Christian policy, we won't have to worry about them ever being legislated. After all, separation of church and state and all that.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Science works when a hypothesis is tested to the point it becomes a theory. Once that theory bears out over a long period of time, it becomes a law. AGW theory is trash science. None of the models are right. None of the predictions are right. This is because the so called scientist claiming its settled, dont know as much as they think they do OR they are toeing a line in order to get paid.

This is a bunch of hooey. You clearly don't know how climate science works. The predictions may not be 100% accurate, but they are VERY close to being accurate. The models have only gotten more accurate as the years have gone one. Everything you said here is just the standard lies that conservatives like to push about climate change without actually proving their point with actual scientific data or scientific journals.

In regards to the media, they toe the line you're currently pushing, so not sure how you can claim to be above doing what the media tells you. I dont even watch TV, so no media influence here. I'm just using common sense.

Yea, except the right wing media invented the lie that climate change isn't real.

By the way, the media has more influence than just television. There are internet news sites, social media, and even old school print. So don't pretend like just because you don't watch television that you are somehow immune to media influence because that is clearly a bunch of bull#. You are repeating right wing media lies in this very thread that you could have only gotten by being exposed to right wing media.
edit on 23-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

This is a bunch of hooey. You clearly don't know how climate science works. The predictions may not be 100% accurate, but they are VERY close to being accurate. The models have only gotten more accurate as the years have gone one. Everything you said here is just the standard lies that conservatives like to push about climate change without actually proving their point with actual scientific data or scientific journals.

Yea, except the right wing media invented the lie that climate change isn't real.

By the way, the media has more influence than just television. There are internet news sites, social media, and even old school print. So don't pretend like just because you don't watch television that you are somehow immune to media influence because that is clearly a bunch of bull#. You are repeating right wing media lies in this very thread that you could have only gotten by being exposed to right wing media.

You say all this, yet you're being purposely deceitful right off the bat. Its as if you're trained to do it. Nobody denies climate change. NOBODY.

And of course you continue to assign inaccurate labels to me in an attempt to deflect and distract.

As far as models go, they are definitely not becoming more accurate. All thats happening is the fudging of numbers and the continued claims that disaster is further and further down the road. It reminds me of the end times cults who constantly claim jesus is about to return.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You say all this, yet you're being purposely deceitful right off the bat. Its as if you're trained to do it. Nobody denies climate change. NOBODY.

I'm talking about man-made climate change. If you really need me to make that distinction, I'm happy to make it, but don't accuse me of being dishonest. You know really know what I'm talking about.

And of course you continue to assign inaccurate labels to me in an attempt to deflect and distract.

I haven't assigned any more labels to you. I just said that you got your information about climate change denial from the right wing media.

As far as models go, they are definitely not becoming more accurate. All thats happening is the fudging of numbers and the continued claims that disaster is further and further down the road. It reminds me of the end times cults who constantly claim jesus is about to return.

Yes, they are. It's time to counter your lies with actual links because this conversation is getting silly with the back and forth "nuh huh! you're wrong!" snipes.

How Accurate Are Existing Computer Climate Modeling Techniques?

Climate scientists have made many improvements to computer models over the years that have increased their accuracy and reliability. These advances have allowed scientists to show, unequivocally, that human activities are the major driver of global warming.

During the last five years, for example, climate scientists have made dramatic advances (pdf) in their ability to track two key climate indicators—ocean heat content and Arctic sea ice seasonal cycles—and are confident that current models can reproduce surface temperature increases since 1870, including the rapid warming in the second half of the 20th century.

There remain some uncertainties with climate model performance, but that is to be expected from any system that aims to approximate conditions in the real world. Scientists are still trying to nail down cloud processes, aerosol distribution, ocean models, and sea ice changes. But model developers and climate physicists are addressing these issues by using large numbers of model simulations as well as a variety of statistical methods based on current and past observational data.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Well, now that one of major Christian figures has decreed that both climate change and amnesty are good Christian policy, we won't have to worry about them ever being legislated. After all, separation of church and state and all that.

It is always easy to spot science deniers... especially those that don't like to acknowledge that man is behind rapid climate change.

Not sure if you watched Planet Ocean. If not, I strongly recommend this documentary.

An elegantly filmed documentary, Planet Ocean takes us on a beautiful adventure into the strangest domains of our planet - the oceans. Directed by Yann Arthus-Bertrand - the noted environmentalist, journalist, and photographer, whose previous environmental documentary work includes the Home Project - this award-winning documentary pivots around the relationship between the Earth's oceans and the entire planet's ecosystem.

Unlike other ocean documentaries, such as Deep Sea, Planet Ocean does not focus on specific ecosystems or pockets of life, but rather on the entire planet as an ecosystem. While the film does guide us through various series of events (sailfish relying on mackerel; mackerel relying on zooplankton; zooplankton relying on marine prairie) it is not simply to demonstrate the function of a food chain, but to illustrate the way in which all life is intrinsically interconnected. What happens to our oceans happens to our selves.

The oceans support us: not just through fishing (which sustains some 500-million people), but also with seaweed, which is used in medicines, cloth, fertilizer, and food. However, worldwide, 80 percent of commercial fish stocks have been declared over or fully exploited. Our fishing has reached a ceiling: the footprint of humanity is felt everywhere.

* Source: topdocumentaryfilms.com...

Do you think this is untrue as well??

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

You'd be surprised at what I do and don't watch and do and don't know.

But I don't spend much time on people who insult me from the outset.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

a reply to: FelisOrion

Because the science denialists usually don't listen to those people because they say they are bought out by corrupt monied interests. Many of the denialists are Christians (in fact most are, at least in this country). So hopefully they'll listen a bitter better to the head of one of the biggest denominations of Christianity in the world.

Oh now you can't have it both ways there.

Science and Religion don't mix.

In fact they are the antithesis of each other.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

a reply to: FelisOrion

Because the science denialists usually don't listen to those people because they say they are bought out by corrupt monied interests. Many of the denialists are Christians (in fact most are, at least in this country). So hopefully they'll listen a bitter better to the head of one of the biggest denominations of Christianity in the world.

Oh now you can't have it both ways there.

Science and Religion don't mix.

In fact they are the antithesis of each other.

Only to the ignorant. There are plenty of Christians that can reconcile their faith with scientific advancements.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So the Pope speaks to the flying spaghetti monster and all the atheists giggle, then he says climate change and they all turn giddy.

This is golden.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I don't believe the pope is a follower of Christ so it would not be Jesus he is leading them "back to" IMHO.
What I am concerned about is that he is leading many astray.

You are good at attempting to belittle Christians.

LOL! To some Christians, anything is a sign of the end times. Hey look! A cat jumped off a roof and didn't land feet down! That had to have been written down in bible prophecy! The end is near!

But maybe in your zest to demean your reading comprehension was lacking.

Please show me where I mentioned end times.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen, please line up for inclusion in the New World Order. If you'll all just follow the fellow in the white cassock...

Thank you for your cooperation.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I’ve never been a religious person, but Francis is so good at this he almost makes me want to convert.

Instead of just preaching some BS about finding Jesus so you can feel better about your own mortality, or encouraging people to be good so they can get a reward (self-serving heaven fantasies), he actually bestows principles of empathy and compassion and love, which is what you’d think religion is supposed to be about in the first place.

He also actually follows science!

If there was a religion that truly adhered to these things all the time without the guilt trips and contradicting fairytales, I might actually be willing to give up half my Sunday to hear what they have to say

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just keep family and those you care about in mind. The ones you think have the answers never have, never will care about those you hold dear. To many attrocities full of suffering families on their watch.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Something ominous is about to happen, watch.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I like the bloke, and I think he's genuine. What I would like to see is deeds and not just words. The confidence of the church should not rely on amassing wealth to establish authority - the catholic Church has lost my respect because it oozes hypocracy.

Sell the real estate of the Vatican and redistribute all wealth and assets it's gathered and give it to Africa and other 3rd world countries.......in keeping with the United Nations core policies of wealth redistribution - lead by example.

If the catholic church still stands thereafter - they will again have my respect, and my labour.

Until then, it's words.....I want to see him put the churches money where it's mouth is - all of it.

"So while I will never be a Christian again"

This gave me the stiffest erection of my life
edit on 23-9-2015 by LongishLongo because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join