It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know it's a CT site but is anyone else interested in the Pope's visit?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
From the 9/23 thread:

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Nothing more apocalyptic happening beyond The Anti-Christ shaking hands with The Vicar of Christ at the White House, this morning.

Now that's hilariously doomy.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Next up - the Pope will parade in a small car or Pope-mobile. Not sure. Probably won't through beads or candy so, not a real parade.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My Baptist, Texan relatives are close to having a psychotic event with the Pope and Obama being together.

Quite amusing actually!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
As a quasi-Catholic and a CTer, I'm torn. On the one hand I'm super excited, on the other super curious and slightly skeptical. The timing is kind of crazy with all the Doom predictions.

I just am really interested in what he has to say to the flock. So many controversial issues in the world today. And so hard to reconcile moral with cultural issues. I just hope he touches hearts and inspires.

I don't know what a CTer is. But I'm "watching" with great interest. He's important for Progressives because he's all over the man-made Global Climate change thing and is no fan of capitalism. For Orthodox Roman Catholics, he's something of an enigma and many are rather reserved in their enthusiasm for this Pope. He's seen by them as more a "Secular" Pope than a "Spiritual" Pope, or "Spiritual" leader. Then of course, there's the problem with him being from South America which seems to lend him the peculiar South American mind-set which is nearly unintelligible to the rest of the "Civilized" world.

So.........this is going to, at minimum, interesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

CTer - conspiracy theorist.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What heartens me is the crowds.

In everyday life and most certainly on the internet, one can easily get the impression that the world has just given into mendacity and a certain wallowing in worldly pursuits, meanness and selfishness.

But when you see the crowds of people there's hope that there are still people who aspire to more, who are desperate to be inspired, people who want more for themselves and the world, spiritually speaking.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
My Baptist, Texan relatives are close to having a psychotic event with the Pope and Obama being together.

Quite amusing actually!

Yeah, they are probably like ants freaking about before a storm??

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
What heartens me is the crowds.

In everyday life and most certainly on the internet, one can easily get the impression that the world has just given into mendacity and a certain wallowing in worldly pursuits, meanness and selfishness.

But when you see the crowds of people there's hope that there are still people who aspire to more, who are desperate to be inspired, people who want more for themselves and the world, spiritually speaking.

If you would like to see more people like that, I would suggest stopping by a religious service occasionally (regardless of your personal beliefs). I see it every Sunday.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Of course.
But there you don't find these vast numbers.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
LUV the Jeep Wrangler Pope-mobile! That's awesome and very American.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Duly noted.

I would offer though, that any single house of worship is replicated X-times all over the US and the world.

Good stuff

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Looks like the secret service guys are trotting along with a smile on most of their faces.
Looks weird they maybe enjoying themselves!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

It does seem very joyful.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hmmm..earlier they said no large flags allowed on the parade route, just small hand flags but someone managed to wave a very large rainbow striped American flag on a pole. Coincidence?
edit on 9/23/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I dunno. What scares me is the increasing radicalization of the far right... and the way right wing pundits speak of the Pope as if he's threat. To me he's the first famous Christian leader that seems to actually follow Christ. I worry about his safety here far more than when he's visited other countries.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

When this one dies I hope another is brought in to continue attempting to bring it into the present and not one who takes it back years.

I think that depends on how much the world changes while he's Pope. The Vatican doesn't seem to like him one bit.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's the transcript of the meeting at the WH this morning. Bishops next.

edit on 9/23/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: boymonkey74

When this one dies I hope another is brought in to continue attempting to bring it into the present and not one who takes it back years.

I think that depends on how much the world changes while he's Pope. The Vatican doesn't seem to like him one bit.

Yea, we ARE talking about one of the most Conservative organizations on Earth being introduced to change. It DEFINITELY isn't popular.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This church choir sound MUCH better than the White House lawns choirs shenanigans.
Quite lovely really. Getting some nice childhood family memories flooding back.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I am and I'm not.

I'm not Catholic, and I'm no fan of this Pope. Despite what he maintains, I find his pronouncements a shade to conveniently political for my tastes.

I think there have been some interesting things happen around this Pope like the crow attacking the peace dove and lightning striking the Vatican which can be ominous.

Then there is Malachy's prophecy of the Popes which makes him an interesting figure.

And of course for conspiracy theorists who follow the idea of a global elite cabal, the numbers surrounding this Papal visit are also interesting. 266th Pope visits Washington, DC on the 266th day of the year with 266 days being about the average length of human gestation (birth pangs anyone?). This day also happens to this year, and this year only, be the same day as Muslim Eid al-Adha and the Jewish Day of Atonement which both symbolize the day of greatest sacrifice for the sins of the people. In Christian terms, this was done when Christ allowed Himself to be sacrificed for our sins.

So you have a set of numbers that symbolize birthing coinciding with a high holy day of sacrifice.

Then there is the infamous 239 set. Again would the conspiracy! Those same global cabalists are often said to be Luciferian in nature. 239 it is said is supposed to symbolize man transcending to become god. So on the date of that number on a year of that number (2015-1776=239; American is often thought to be Mystery Babylon evidenced by occult symbolism throughout her money and monuments, etc.), a date of high holy sacrifice by the religions of the God this cabal is in opposition to, you have a setup for a birthing?

The question would be birthing what?

Is it the beast system? We have the UN declaring it's ramped up Agenda 21 on steroids. Is it laying the groundwork to birth the Beast himself as the AC is a direct mirror of Christ?

Who knows, but I enjoy watching the rabbit hole.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join