It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Society is The Teacher of The Leaders since The Leaders come from The Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Don't like the corruption and greedy materialism of the leaders?

Then don't support it by spending money on movies or music or watch TV shows with those things included.

The Society controls the media. No money, no profit. No viewers, no profit. No demand, no supply. The media will give what people are willing to watch, hear, and spend money on. If a song of greed and lust plays, change the station and choose a song of Love and Unity if that is the message you want being promoted in society.

Give your energy and money to Unity and Love based music, movies, and media and the suppliers of the media which glorifies corruption will not make money.

You are in control. You give your money and attention to promote corruption and violence looking "cool" or Love and Unity looking cool.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

The people we see controlling our government and our businesses are not real leaders. No where close.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

If a society want good leaders then it should be a good society. A society that shows and encourages corruption in the media as cool and entertaining should not be surprised when the leaders who were raised in that society thinks the same.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

"Society are people."

-Frank Chodorov

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think you're right about this. It's really about the dominant philosophy of our culture. That's what has to change I think, and it always does in time. Right now we seem to have a cultural philosophy that believes in authority, or even the appearance of authority (such as in the news media), is mostly uncritical of it and accepting of it, and therefore mostly incapable of critical and independent thinking.

Culture changes over time though. We can help it along. We have to actually. It's like a moral obligation to humanity I think to atleast propagate ideas that oppose the current cultural paradigm that's threatening to pretty much take over the world. If we taught ethics to kids the way we teach manners. If we encourage independent thinking, reason, and personal responsibility instead of obedience to arbitrary authority and "passing the buck" of responsibility up the hierarchy. Anyway, we can challenge our dominant cultural philosophies.

Good thinking. I like your thread.

new topics

top topics

join