It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very recent epiphany, The gay rights movement has a very sinister agenda.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
. . . it can ,however, DESTROY a business which SHOULD be determined by the market.

The business owner DESTROYED his business himself.

No one else did.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
nope it was the war on religion

there are gonna get worse

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
nope it was the war on religion

there are gonna get worse

This is a secular government.

I've been watching non-religious taking a stand for their right of freedom and expression since the late 50s.

It bothered me, even in my public elementary school, that my Jewish friend was forced to sing Christmas Carols and participste in the annual Christmas pageant, complete with manger and baby Jesus.

It is not OK for the religious to force their belief on others.

The only war against religion is taking away power they never should have had in the first place.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

THIS is an ACTIVIST government that isn't working right now at all.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'm indicating where it is a good idea,refuting the all or nothing P.C. situation

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Read BACK.
I covered that.

I just went back 9 pages...still not seeing it.

Now I DO recall from the Bible:

Matthew 7:1-3King James Version (KJV)
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Luke 14:11 11"For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Mark 12:31 11"For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Matthew 5 The Sermon on the Mount
3“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Uh oh, what was that last part? Let's check out the English Standard Version shall we?

Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.

Matthew 7:12 Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

You would be throwing an unholy sh*t fit if you were refused service by a business because you were Christian.

Matthew 6:1 Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

Philippians 2: 1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very naturea God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very natureb of a servant,
being made in human likeness.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sorry, just found another good one:

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me- practice these things and the God of peace will be with you.

I just don't see how discrimination is 'true' 'honorable' 'just' 'pure' 'lovely' 'commendable' 'excellent' or 'worthy of praise'.

I guess I'm just a dumb ol' non-Christian heathen.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie IT IS HER JOB to do so ,she may not obstruct them as it is illegal and in a Christian standpoint,not effectively "Rendering to Ceaser" as we are told. If she could step aside and someone else could do it that's on her.
It's the law.

edit on 27-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

I spoke of Ms Davis.
edit on 27-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I thought we were talking about the a hole bakery owners...but whatevs this goes for Davis too:

It's a dick move.

Matthew 6:1 Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

They are practicing their righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them. Christ HIMSELF says they will have no reward in heaven. I am waiting for anyone to counter with such a straightforward verse regarding homosexuals and exactly how God feels about it.
See this?

That's the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. People like Kim Davis, Aaron and Melissa Klein are making the Trinity facepalm like a mo fo.
edit on 27-9-2015 by ladyvalkyrie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I thought we were talking about the a hole bakery owners...but whatevs this goes for Davis too:

It's a dick move.

They are practicing their righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them. Christ HIMSELF says they will have no reward in heaven. I am waiting for anyone to counter with such a straightforward verse regarding homosexuals and exactly how God feels about it.
See this?

That's the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. People like Kim Davis, Aaron and Melissa Klein are making the Trinity facepalm like a mo fo.

See that your comment about gay men being evil was removed. It was for a reason:

Heard of the 144,000 in Rev 14? They are the first fruits of God and redeemed from the Earth bearing God'svmark on their foreheads. They are undefiled by women, are blameless and the only ones who can sing the new song. They are of the twelve tribes of Israel, 12,000 each so evenly distributed. When Revelation was written around 99AD there were 4.5 million Jews in the world. 144000/4.5 million is 3.2%. That's the percentage of homosexuals in the population. God's chosen ones are gay yet they are persecuted by Christian bakeries. Gays go straight to heaven according to Revelation, the last book which trumps the rest. Straights have to follow a load of rules and even then it's not guaranteed. It's not surprising really. It was straights who committed the first sin and that has stayed with them. As we're always told, it was Adam and Eve in the garden not Adam and Steve.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: rebelv

It's called "de la Chapelle syndrome"

there have also been "Males" born with a Uterus

I didn't know that either.

I didn't even mention the studies that indicate that gay male
and female persons have like 100x the number of neural connections
between the right and left brains.

Which I guess most people are not aware are actually two independent
separate brains that communicate with each other through those neural
connections running down the brain stem.

Rebel 5

Rebel 5

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: GoShredAK

Hey man you didn't even need to include the gay rights movement in your title or your OP. You wrote in your OP TBTB are the ones manipulating the genetic code by using so much sex in advertising and media.

originally posted by: GoShredAK

So I ask, do TPTB dare play with the human genetic code!? Obviously yes they have that audacity. Not only are they destroying our spirituality along with potential for healthy body and mind that we deserve and is meant for us! Through deception, subliminal programming, non sensical laws, and propaganda.

Nowhere in your main point do you mention gay rights. Then why mention it at all, you had such a well thought out thread. It's much better of a conspiracy theory on it's own without the "gay agenda" part.

You know what happens for the gay community now that they have more equal rights? You don't hear people, especially males dissing and name calling each other with gay slurs. At least I have noticed a significant drop in that language. Which is good and not surprising because language evolves over time.

The other thing that happens is the gay community can live a more peaceful life. The gay community is also prone to genetic manipulation too. Lesbians have been baring children for a while. It's nonsense to think their DNA is manipulated and will only produce homosexual offspring. There is zero proof. On the other hand is there evidence TPTB are evil? Yes a lot. The gay agenda? None at all. In fact the gay agenda may even be a slur in itself as I don't recall the gay rights movement referring to themselves as the gay agenda.

Thanks for recognizing the potential that was there, yet never came to fruition. Due to well,.............for sake of using the most accurate reasoning, my stupidity (i wanted to say ignorance but im pretty sure i crossed over into the stupid zone at some point) that night. It was stupid over there, I would not recommend visiting. Pointless and entirely counterprodutive.

You said I never mentioned Gay agenda in Op, true!

I made the mistake of saying "gay rights movement". We all saw where that landed me. But I don't even know WTF that means, in no way do I have any belief of a "gay agenda", I was referring to an elitist agenda, which may be exploiting the focus and passion generated for there own purposes, completely unrelated to anything that'll help any and definitely not inspired by the notion of equal rights, and a more harmony amongst us.

To clarify, Im sure I was the first to use that term, I don't remember why exactly, but I'll confirm now that I agree it is a non existent concept and me calling such made zero sense and was rude. (as well as plenty of other adjectives but I'll reserve those for anyone who might want to use them to vent with)

However, I can not ignore the fact that several of my words were twisted, simply to make me look worse. I'm just about positive that I was very clear in the OP that this was not inspired by hate in the slightest, though the gay community was a key part of the thread, it wasn't about insulting them, ever.

The most simple summary I would give is that it was a thread about the gradual decay of the moral values in this country, something from secret society that serves Satan. (I'm a Christian, that's my outlandish belief, I'm sticking too it.) you'll never know unless you ask, and I probably will not even ask about yours. You will notice I'm oddly at peace and kind, yet overly passionate when wronged. Could be and f-cking lifestyle or religion.

To agree to disagree and move on is not a big deal. It's general common courtesy and the fact that common courtesy, especially concerning pc issues, yet not exclusive to only them, in general. Common courtesy has become a bit of a rare trait. Along with it I've noticed other basic kindnesses that humans are unique for, just fade away...........

I've encountered a whole heck of a lot of unwarrented pessimism, envy, delusional ego, unearned superiority complexes, cruelty towards nature with zero remorse enjoyment actually, I could go on for a page but just realized I already made the point plenty sufficiently.

Either I'm just a bit delusional and for whatever reason am percieving reality inaccurately, or I'm acutely aware of WTF is going on around me and have witnessed the changes. I know it's the second.

It makes perfect sense when considering my introverted, sensitive, free thinking and empathetic nature. Mostly accredited to the fact I've believed in Christ for a solid 14 years. Wavered, wandered, got lost, questioned, but have not to this day given up on him. He's helped me numerous times, it can be minor, or life and death.

Now my faith is stronger than ever before and I know Jesus is there, there's been times where it's been so in my face it's comletely surreal. Coolest thing ever. All that trippy magical stuff like the law of attraction, and other things new agers are "revealing for the first time, and freeing us from controlling beliefs".

It has always been real, and has always been obtainable through faith in Jesus Christ,

It would be moronic for me to audaciously claim my beliefs are fact. I haven't a clue, these are my beliefs, I'm content with them, a bit defensive, but not in a filthy stupid cowardly radical way (so you can abandon the thought of posting something about me being your typical hateful Christian who belongs in the crusade era.......) I don't know who exactly, but someone thought it, or they will eventually. Preemptive retort, I just invented that. Or it's just paranoia. I prefer the first.

(another favor, I am far from sheltered. I've been various states somewhere in the Double digits, I've spent years in some great states, both in very sketchy gang territory, beautiful tropical paradises, and just about all in between. I've also spent time in at least five other countries. I may be forgetting one or two. The favor I'm offering is the fact I Handled that argument for anybody who would have used it. It's a poor one, and the many here that have assumed I was somehow sheltered were humorously wrong

Anything that has me more humble in the end is great, no matter how embarrassing, This thread to me was one of those lessons, so

I'm confused tho, as in, have I been too apologetic? I know I crossed some lines, that sucked. I can't express enough how genuinely unintentional the hurtful aspects I spoke of ignorantly were, and I feel foolish enough that even im beating myself up. So lesson learned there. Also my apology is genuine. I'm thinking though that I was a bit manipulated, and fell for of for a bit. That was tricky. This will be my last visit in a thread like this or remotely similar. Just not my style.

How anybody interperets if they even read, honestly, is of little concern to me. What's important is that I make certain an apology is where it should be, and to post this final clarification of my feelings (mostly neutral, feel like a jerk though, a bit defensive, and mentally unscathed after the personal attacks) and what I was trying to convey in the first place.

ETA: I tried to fix what I could, id be surprised its perfect, but I have to go to bed, any remaining errors shall become permanent
edit on 29-9-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It's only been three hours. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, a tad odd to me that someone hasn't fixed it, but, oh well. I'm sure it's been brought up and explained before.

Anyway, I just wanted to add a crucial bit of information in regards to that most recent post of mine, the rather long one just up above.

I admittedtly only read the first sentence of the post I responded too. It was all I needed. Call it want you want. I call it choosing not to expend energy where I have zero interest. Zero disdain, only kind wishes. This particular issue just not part of my world.

I'm saying I've chosen long ago not to argue the details pertaining to this sensitive issue. I have no problem admitting I'm out of place, am far to ignorant concerning the matter to even attempt, and even if I had the desire to, and was able, that would mean I'd be a person something like I was accused of! It was in fact hateful and cruel. I feel fortunate not to harbor such anger.

Even tho I did pull a d-ck move. By mistake! Let alone the fact I was sincerely remorseful! There were some comments that displayed what I will put kindly describe as what I perceived to be disturbingly hateful, and beyond hypocritical.

I was hypocritically called a hypocrite based from false hypocritical accusations! My head nearly exploded the level of innacurate eager hatred poured out at a pace that definitively takes a spot among threads that have stuck with me, the ones with some form of significance I found.

This will undoubtedly be explained and accepted as a group of passionate people who have been fighting a long fight for nothing more than acceptance and equality, and whatever else they've been so deprived of apparently. Yes, I'm sure individuals actually have this passion and anger for those exact reasons. It's genuine. I wouldn't be a problem.

I don't know the ratio but generally if someone is treating you poorly they are reflecting their own misery, envy and insecurities on you. Don't feed that pitiful form of trolling.

It's hard to describe without sounding conceited, but I have broader life experience than most around me, Im unique in my patience, kindness, work ethic, and standards. Alone my character has set me apart my entire life. Something I've always embraced.

Seen a good portion of the US during an unforgettable road trip from my State of origin, Maine, to a place unlike any other. Alaska. I've tried to live down south three times, theres been great times in Cali, but if I never see LAX again,i will consider it a blessing.

I can't remembers if I said this above but I've been out of the us a few times too. Lived in Spain.

Saw a dead guy in Tijuana after purchasing a potent substance that a very limited imagination can figure from a guy fresh blood from some other guy he was apparently pistol whipping moments before we showed.

Came within ten minutes of getting my mother and I stranded in Cozumel because I angered them by skateboarding in the wrong place. Eventually we each gave them each forty bucks and we were free.

Grand cayman is gorgeous.

Jamaica is terrufying and sketchy. Lots of drug addicts, lots of crime. Bad vibes. Zero rules as far as driving a car goes. The obituary section of one week was over two pages long......

I've climed a 200ft rock face on the coast of the straight of,Gibraltar, later I had lunch by the water, admiring the coast of the continent of Africa in the distance..............

Theres plenty more, but I don't expect anyone to be impressed or care, hopefully I made my point.

Hawaii has no words, it's raw powerful beautiful spirit. It has the illusion of an island. If you go there with respect in your heart, and have what it takes to experience the powerful nature. (far far away from any mainstream creation) youll see it. Braddah Iz, a beloved hawaiin musician said it best "I dont know of you can relate to this, but were in hawaii, we live on both sides, we cannot help it........". Coolest part about that is he is speaking literally, that is a fact, I dont know what it is, but that place holds ancient energiesl.

I have always wanted this. So I fought at an event just,to seize the opportunity. Im reaching an age where I'm learning great lessons. One of which is generally speaking, regret from never trying something hurts so much worse,than trying and failing.

I am glad I fought,It was surreal, I've got the bug now, that's what I was wondering. Would I get the bug or would I be to weak to handle that situation. I figure I'll be in the sport for at least 10 years. God willing. Thing is everything ive applied myself to in life, I've excelled at. Its held true time and time again, and most especially athletics. More specifically,Skateboardng ,snowboarding and surfing.

Whats new is I have not lived a sober lifestyle since 14. Now I'm alcohol free and in love with how it feels. I've also developed a kinda harsh edge, which replaced my old trait of often being sheepish and a pushover.

I have this drive in me that's all new, I've finally made it into Mma, I've got two great coaches willing to accept me into the family, prepare me for great fights, help the gym grow, and even have my family with me. Both of whom are interested in jujitsu and kickboxing.

All that led to this was a process, during which a few things happened that were far too fortuitous for to conclude anything except God was laying the path in front of me. He supports the idea, and knows it'll keep me strong.

if someone shows me respect, they can expect it in return, when I have the means I get a kick outta helping people. What may come as a complete surprise to some, shock others, some will be certain I'm fibbing instantly, and the most unfortunate will have a couple brain malfunction/breakdown from attempting to comprehend something so outrageous.

......I have to post this, I'm falling asleep, was a while ago, plus I have and extremely daunting task ahead of me at work, physical inventory of every item of our store items that range to less than 1 pound up to 500 or more, more heavy than light.

Also If I don't claim all my recent sales (gets me $) tomorrow I'll be 100% broke for at the very least two days. Personally I can handle it, I like surviving, to an extent. But my wife will be very unhappy. This would be bad.

That saying "happy wife, happy life" that's a scientific fact, a law of the universe. It's #1 and of one violates it they better prepare for a heathy serving of wrath and a mini vacation in the dog house........again, all science. I've tested the hypotheses repeatedly and it is as fundamental a law as gravity.

So I need to get to bed and bring my a game to work tomorrow.

I shared all that only to explain that I had a lot more editing to do, so I don't even know of that all makes sense, plus I think a couole Paragraphs are in the wrong spot. However buried in there I'm certain I made some decent points and provided some worthwhile reading..........

Good night......oh yeah, I only mentioned my wife to prove the extreme level of non gayness I've got going on............did it work..........................(sarc) if u needed that tho ur failing at life.
edit on 29-9-2015 by GoShredAK because: Fixed a little

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
There are a lot of people who have chromosome anomalies, which are not even visible until such person needs fertility treatment etc. You can have females with XY who are infertile, but present as women, and have normal female genitals. (Androgen insensitivity) You can also have male XXY, which is linked to gender dysphoria. There are probably more intersex individuals in existence that a) know they are intersex, and b) are reported due to gender assignment at birth due to cultural and religeous norms.
As an aside, males with the chromosome anomaly XYY are considered "hyper male", and display traits of psychopathy, lack of empathy and violence. There are a greater proportion of these men in jail than in the general population.
edit on 29-9-2015 by Antidisestablishment because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
As offensive as it may be I feel as a collective Lgbt and there hetro supporters have all been instigated, manipulated and programmed into a hateful machine.

The proof of this is this very thread. Read carefully. I may have used some poor words, obviously with no hate behind them. That was added by someone else.

As you continue to read you'll notice I'm not doing great at presenting mideas but not being hateful to anybody! Any unintentional offense made out of ignorance should be called out. Does not justify personal verbal attacks and pointless insults however, which are only added to hopefully inflict emotional distress, which think about it.......that is cruel.

Further proof would be the part where I politely stand my ground, as far as being a Christian! An accepting one! I made that clear and I'm almost positive that has still been willfully ignored. Yet the hatred continued, some downright mean spirited, others just baffling to me.

Why that upsets me is because I have an equal right to believe In Jesus Christ just as anybody has equal the right to marry whomever they choose. I support the idea of people making their own decisions.

The fact that this division exists is BS if Jesus was here he would probably be a supportive voice becuase the other option is attack a group of people who besides sticking up for themselves are otherwise harmless. It's obvious he'd be cool.

,the real harm comes from media exploiting this, blowing it out of proportion, stirring up all these emotions daily, constantly. Making absolute certain we dont forget that we must pick a side.

This is also evidence many fell for this. Programmed, thinking with dogma+lies+propaganda. Attacking me, when the actual enemy is elsewhere laughing at all of us. It's all good though, because we're doomed no matter what. I'm not upset, this post that is sure to gain me fans. Is a thing of principle. I believe people have been manipulated. I know for a fact I was insulted many times in a fee ways. All I know is I'd have to be miserable to want to talk to anyone like that. 100% of the assumptions were incorrect, didnt even hit the dart board, seriously I think you may have hit the bartender.

I'm at peace, I apologized for offensive word usage, just to make peace, I won't be supporting the hyper pc, sensitive stangeness any longer, regardless of the demographic involved.

It's BS and bringing about more animosity! As people fight amongst themselves, the instigators will be on a yacht partying hard, or a comparable place of safety and weath. Dr evil laughing at us retards all the while.

As a collective you guys represented as very cruel and unpleasant personality. you also displayed nearly every trait you oppose only more aggressively. Hypocrite is a word that I don't think you guys can use in any case against me.

Whatever was exposed was not love acceptance harmony rights justice peace Anything nice. The fact is people are just F-c$ed up, no one cares about one another anymore. We're all ignoring so much. Yet expending what minuscule energy we do have on purely moronic, non important issues, it's so bad now! A lot of people realize this and continue to live exactly the same and just accept the very harsh reality.

That's effective manipulation and programming of docile unthreatening consumers. Diet and media. Nobody will accept these things until its waaaaay to freaking late,,which I'm sure is already.

If only people got this actively pi$$ed about the appalling nature of fluoride, it being forced to is through trickery and deceit......".......please.....which issue is bigger?

Oh if you fully understand and subscribe to that idea, if you dare, follow me down this rabbit hole

By the time we get back alllll problems the media keeps is up on will have shrunk drastically and lost all relevancy. Along with the the true underlying story will become apparent. By the time you get this far!......we will have already blown up

On second thought this rabbit hole won't interest you, should probably just learn to channel all that hate into something productive.......

FYI, yes I realize I'm talking to nobody. Let's read this post as directed to everyone who felt compelled to attack me personally. It worked! You succeeded, not sure in what way that's fulfilling? I'd be bummed?

I'm curious for an explanation, but expect the thread to die here which needs to happen anyway.

It's brought out a part of me that is pointless. Arguing In circles online over something That has zero affect on me whatsoever. I've wasted a ton of time here. It's all been pointless from my perspective. The blame of that is obviously all mine, I get people tripped out cause I was offensive, but it was by mistake, not that bad really. I apologized, the response was way over kill. It was a great example of festering hate revealing itself at every opportunity.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLamb

Very interesting reading of the 144,000. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
As offensive as it may be I feel as a collective Lgbt and there hetro supporters have all been instigated, manipulated and programmed into a hateful machine.

The proof of this is this very thread. Read carefully. I may have used some poor words, obviously with no hate behind them. That was added by someone else.
It's brought out a part of me that is pointless. Arguing In circles online over something That has zero affect on me whatsoever. I've wasted a ton of time here. It's all been pointless from my perspective. The blame of that is obviously all mine, I get people tripped out cause I was offensive, but it was by mistake, not that bad really. I apologized, the response was way over kill. It was a great example of festering hate revealing itself at every opportunity.

See the video above...

I think you're confusing people standing up for themselves with hate. What you're seeing is years and years of being picked on, being bullied, being told they're going to burn in hell because of something that was written some +/- 4,000 years ago. What you're seeing is a collection of humans saying: "Enough. We will not be bullied. Take one more step and we'll kick your ass."

You may not have intended any offense, but years and years on the Internet, in the streets, in society, in politics and on ATS taught us that there are haters. What you saw here was the result of thousands of hateful homophobes before you. There are people that really believe that gay people are devil's children. And we've heard it a thousand times. We've even read it in this very thread (not referring to the OP). Yes, you may have picked up on the animosity just against you, but there were plenty of anger and hate towards homosexuals in this thread.

So when people read yet another "Homosexuals are...", "The Homosexual Agenda this...", "Homosexual is a choice that..." those that care gather round to say: "NO." And they are pretty adamant about it...

What do you expect should happen? People hate on gays and they just shrug and turn the other cheek? Should they hand out fabulous bouquets and kisses on the cheek?
Not going to happen. They've been fighting for decades (from the late 1960's) and only now got somewhere.

And to be honest, any aggression towards you was hardly hate. It may be frustration, anger, disappointment - but not hate.
Not even close. No. Hate is being called vile, disgusting, perverse, faggot, fruit cake and many, many more hateful words. And not just by strangers but also by friends, family, moms and dads.
I'm afraid you need to do some more walking in someone's fashionable shoes, before you call hate or even reaching for the victim card. What you experienced in this thread is like a day in a spa compared to what some gay people go through...

So no. No one has been manipulated, instigated or programmed by anyone. It's simply the kid standing up to the bully.
edit on 29/9/2015 by Gemwolf because: WW

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

In some states (hopefully all states soon), it IS illegal to discriminate against someone for being gay.

You're are absolutely correct... it IS illegal to discriminate against someone based on their sexual orientation, but like I said before... who are you to determine WHY someone refuses to bake a cake?

If a gay guy's mom walks into a bakery and asks for a wedding cake with 2 men on top, and the baker refuses, is he discriminating against the woman because of her sexual orientation?

No he isn't. He's refusing because he doesn't think his God would approve of HIS actions, not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

First of all, the non-discrimination laws do not require a baker to decorate a cake in any way that is personally offensive to him/her. The law does require the baker to sell the same product that he/she is willing to sell to everyone else.

Second, it doesn't matter who actually walks into the store to purchase the product. If the owner refuses to sell because the person/people the product is for is/are gay - THAT is discrimination.

My question is, what if the gay guy's mom went in to purchase a plain white wedding cake and didn't tell the baker that it was for a same-sex wedding, so the baker happily bakes and sells the cake to her? Will he go to hell? Hmmmm.....

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Thank you, but no one gets it until it has happened to them, i know many Christians feel like it is happening to them now, but they truly have no idea, what i personally and many other GLBTQ+ people have been through

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join