It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO footage; 10:14 pm September 6th, 2015. Warren Michigan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen No wonder we don't get any decent threads on this forum anymore...everyone is tired of being treated like crap for sharing anything. So sick of this petty nonsense.

me too. well said

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

me too. well said

Muchas gracias mi amigo

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Sorry but most people moan about QUALITY of footage & general lack of information, approx location direction facing time date that all helps to rule out airports , celestial objects etc. You are critizing mm for his comments what about people that post videos like this that make claims re the speed of the object when you don't have enough information to work that out.

It's also very easy to spot the camera phone videos because of portrait mode of the video another major problem with phone videos apart from the poor quality at night.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
There is an actual phenomena out there and this video isn't it, damn right I'll tell people their threads are bollocks, to weed out the good stuff from the bad and discourage the latter. I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to expose the fakes and find the truth. Aren't you?

I'm all for these people sharing their experiences but it'd be nice to know they're having experiences that actually relate to the wider phenomena, not just mis-identification which this one most likely is. It's also good to expose people's attitudes, ie, post a video and not even give the fact it might NOT be something ET a chance.

A bit of critical analysis goes a long way, not just blatantly accepting everything at face value.
edit on 24-9-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: greenday1978
a reply to: markymint

Yes, but, you can clearly see vehicles and the tree line and kind of get a feel for the speed of the objects; which is considerably faster than a lantern's top speed. I have recorded footage of chinese lanterns in the sky. There was a funeral about a mile away from my house once. They let dozens go. Lanterns don't pulse in unison or disappear as quickly.

Sorry, but what's max speed of chinese lantern is?
I saw really fast chinese lanterns...so I am curious...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: greenday1978

Flying at the same rate of speed? And if you calculate their velocity just by the footage seen on the video, then you'd see they're traveling a little faster than what a lantern is capable of. ;-)

How fast can a lantern travel?

Sorry but its impossible to calculate their velocity from your video.

which is considerably faster than a lantern's top speed.

Again, how fast do you thing a lantern can travel?

I have recorded footage of chinese lanterns in the sky. There was a funeral about a mile away from my house once. They let dozens go. Lanterns don't pulse in unison or disappear as quickly.

Great so have many many others,

many have taken video of incoming planes as well.

Both could be a very likely explanation for what you captured.

Lanterns can disappear to the viewer in an instant due to many things and sure can pulsate to an observer what would seem like in unison.

Sorry but lights in the night sky is nothing to be exited about in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Okay, so if I'm not sure that it's a ufo, how are these so called "experts" sure that what was filmed are lanterns? How can they be certain? Instead of just saying "I don't know what it is." Doesn't sound very rational.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Thank you!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thanks. I posted on nuforc.org, but haven't done MUFON yet but definitely will.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Some people on this forum have nothing better to do than troll around and try to disclaim anything that doesnt meet their protocol for legitimate posts. This guy isnt on trial. And if the guy thinks he saw something that wasnt conveyed in the video because it was a camera phone you people need to deal with it. At some point you should give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he isnt a moron, and what he saw wasnt a freakin lantern. Get a life before nobody wants to post anything because they have to deal with your self righteous trial by fire
edit on 24-9-2015 by drumcrusher because: Misspelling

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: drumcrusher

So good a post that I have to repost it, drumcrusher:

"Some people on this forum have nothing better to do than troll around and try to disclaim anything that doesnt meet their protocol for legitimate posts. This guy isnt on trial. And if the guy thinks he saw something that wasnt conveyed in the video because it was a camera phone you people need to deal with it. At some point you should give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he isnt a moron, and what he saw wasnt a freakin lantern. Get a life before nobody wants to post anything because they have to deal with your self righteous trial by fire."

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Some people on this forum have had real, profound, recurring experiences that do not match this video one single bit. Let alone the majority of high profile cases:

Valentich disappearance
Similarity to chinese lanterns: 1%

Japan airlines UFO circling plane encounter

Bentwaters light in forest
Similarity to chinese lanterns: 10%

Bobby Zamora historial UFO encounter

Phoenix lights
Similarity to chinese lanterns: 10%

Pilots witnessing things shoot past cockpit

Military admittance of fastwalker phenomena

The tether incident

OP'S VIDEO
Similarity to chinese lanterns: 90%

Don't blame people for wanting a little more substance from the posts here and as I said before, testimony, videos and pics that relate to the wider phenomena, not just to people's personal interpretations of it.

Honestly, can't imagine aliens would want to show themselves on video to people who call them "mother#ers" etc. A real UFO sighting is when it's 100% clear it's not a plane or a star, yet the commentary in the video, beyond mother#ers and "nah nigga" at 2:06 goes something like "is that a star? is that a plane?" ... if there's any doubt, it's not THE phenomena, sorry. There are certain mechanics to it, mechanics that are considerably lacking in a video like this, and in a video like the new Venus corpus christi one.
edit on 24-9-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: drumcrusher
Some people on this forum have nothing better to do than troll around and try to disclaim anything that doesnt meet their protocol for legitimate posts. This guy isnt on trial. And if the guy thinks he saw something that wasnt conveyed in the video because it was a camera phone you people need to deal with it. At some point you should give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he isnt a moron, and what he saw wasnt a freakin lantern. Get a life before nobody wants to post anything because they have to deal with your self righteous trial by fire

May not be a lantern BUT could easily be an aircraft, lets see if you will comment on this,

1) WHY when videos of distant dots of lights at night are posted even when taken over HEAVILY populated areas NOBODY below the so called ufo's ever seems to see or post a video of them is that because they see exactly what it is

2) When people posting videos like this or comment on others videos and make claims about the speed of the object people like YOU never criticise the poster for that when it is IMPOSSIBLE to work out because they don't have enough information.

Some of us here joined to see REAL evidence if there are flaws with a claim it gets pointed out it's that simple. If that is to much to handle there are a 1001 other sites on the net were everyone will agree every video with a dark spot in daylight picture/video or a light at night is Mog from Zog they are boring places go have a look, I have.

We have a large proportion of members on here that will accept the wildest explanation first and still agrue when 100% proof is shown that they were wrong.

We have a lot of keen, semi-pro & pro photographers also videographers , animation & cgi experts and even astronomers as well, so images and videos with EXTRAORDINARY CLAIMS get looked at closely by people that understand equipment/optics/digital imaging & the night sky.

Many of that group of people go out at night to take images of the sky we have a thread about that , on any clear winters night I am about 50 miles from home at a site rated as dark as a photographers darkroom and night temperatures well below 0c with up to half a dozen other like minded peope we don't get confused with the, ISS passing overhead, iridium flares, meteors or the classic for the Northern Hemisphere in winter Sirius flashing with what seems all the colours of the rainbow due to the Earths atmosphere (scintillating).

We get threads on that on a regular basis usually with the OP claiming to be a regular sky watcher knowing their way about the night sky but have never seen a star do that.

What you also have to consider as we are looking for REAL proof if we see it we will back it up so take that into consideration.
edit on 25-9-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Honestly, can't imagine aliens would want to show themselves on video to people who call them "mother#ers" etc. A real UFO sighting is when it's 100% clear it's not a plane or a star, yet the commentary in the video, beyond mother#ers and "nah nigga" at 2:06 goes something like "is that a star? is that a plane?" ... if there's any doubt, it's not THE phenomena, sorry. There are certain mechanics to it, mechanics that are considerably lacking in a video like this, and in a video like the new Venus corpus christi one.

Well, if you don't understand the use of certain "language" during an encounter then it's obvious to me that you've never seen anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Sorry but most people moan about QUALITY of footage & general lack of information, approx location direction facing time date that all helps to rule out airports , celestial objects etc. You are critizing mm for his comments what about people that post videos like this that make claims re the speed of the object when you don't have enough information to work that out.

It's also very easy to spot the camera phone videos because of portrait mode of the video another major problem with phone videos apart from the poor quality at night.

Look, my friend. You are once again disregarding the actual point of what I said, trying to chastise me for saying it. People moan about no pics, no vids, not good enough quality, must be fake, blah, blah, blah...nothing is going to please every single naysayer on the site. However, this is not a contest as to who has posted a more amazing sighting...they're all amazing.

And here's the OP, finally having a sighting for the first time. And here's another member, mocking his sighting and calling it "boring". That was the issue I was addressing; not equipment or quality or any of those other things. It's the rudeness and mockery and derision and people behaving as if this were a popularity contest rather than a discussion forum about UFO phenomena. It is affecting the entire quality of this forum and that is a well-known fact here. It needs to stop, because people are getting tired of seeing that negativity here and are reluctant to join discussions for fear of ridicule, and that is hurting everyone and helping no one.

Progress is apparently being made however, as I see you're finally admitting that night videos with cell cameras are, in general, total crapola. So yay for that.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Some people on this forum have had real, profound, recurring experiences that do not match this video one single bit. Let alone the majority of high profile cases:

Don't blame people for wanting a little more substance from the posts here and as I said before, testimony, videos and pics that relate to the wider phenomena, not just to people's personal interpretations of it.

This. This is exactly my entire point. You were not there when this video was taken. Therefore, you are judging a sighting by the video only, and completely discounting the witness's testimony of what he saw. That is counter-intuitive. When real investigators go look at real places where sightings have been reported, they always want to speak to as many witnesses as they can. Why? Because their testimony is valuable.

Detailed descriptions of what witnesses saw, felt, smelled, tasted, sensed...every detail is recorded. Why? Because video and photos cannot remotely come close (particularly in cases where less-than-state-of-the-art equipment was all that was available, user error, poor conditions, etc.) to the multi-sensory input that a human being experiences. It is the same reason why eye-witness testimony is so important in legal proceedings. If you discount a witness's interpretation, you're only getting a fraction of what actually occurred.

Have you ever been surprised? Shocked? Startled? Amazed? Because most people, when they're completely wowed by something, tend to verbalize that. And, often, decorum falls to the wayside and potty mouth happens. Look at the videos from any major event and you'll hear the same as in the OP video and worse. Would it have been better if they'd thrown some synthesized music in the background to cover the language that you feel will offend aliens so much that they will decline to be filmed? Come now, isn't that reaching a bit?

I must have missed the part where the rules say "only certain language, video equipment and pre-approved photographic evidence will be considered valid in this forum", or " Eyewitness descriptions and personal interpretations of what they saw right in front of them are not acceptable material because they mean absolutely nothing, particularly if not accompanied by the aforementioned criteria for recorded evidence". I guess I need to go back and read them again, yeah?

If you want some exclusive, elite UFO forum that only allows "non-boring" and expertly recorded sightings, then why not spring that idea on the admin and then you'll never have to cast your eyes upon these peasants and their sub-par, "boring" sightings again? Because that is exactly what your words sound like. It's not a competition. Stop making it into one. That's all I'm asking. No one is any better than anyone else here.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

We have a large proportion of members on here that will accept the wildest explanation first and still agrue when 100% proof is shown that they were wrong.

So far, there has not been 100% proof that this is a Chinese lantern. If you can provide 100% proof, then do it. But a video of a random lantern in a completely different location, its own unique ambient conditions and filmed by a completely different person on a completely different date, at a completely different time is not proof that the OP was filming a lantern. What it is, is an educated guess, based largely on your own personal bias. Show us a video of a lantern being released over the exact location of the OP vid, on that same night, tracked and filmed the entire time it was aloft, and then you could say you have proof. Anything else is just speculation.

edit on 30266America/ChicagoSat, 26 Sep 2015 18:26:56 -050030pm30268America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: greenday1978

Well, if you don't understand the use of certain "language" during an encounter then it's obvious to me that you've never seen anything out of the ordinary.

I agree with you. You should have heard me and my friend when we watched a meteor shower for the first time a few months ago...someone should have told Rosetta Stone, because we invented a whole other language that night, we were so awestruck. And we knew it was a meteor shower...still didn't prepare us for the enormity of what we witnessed.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

There is an actual phenomena out there and this video isn't it, damn right I'll tell people their threads are bollocks, to weed out the good stuff from the bad and discourage the latter. I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to expose the fakes and find the truth. Aren't you?

Yes, I am interested in the truth. However, belittling and dismissing a person's footage and personal account of an event because it's not exciting enough for you is the polar opposite of finding the "truth". It's bullying, plain and simple, and it is an unpleasant habit on ATS these days. The only thing you're "discouraging" is the continued sharing of information and participation in discussions on the site by people who would rather not endure being treated that way by their fellow members.

I'm all for these people sharing their experiences but it'd be nice to know they're having experiences that actually relate to the wider phenomena, not just mis-identification which this one most likely is. It's also good to expose people's attitudes, ie, post a video and not even give the fact it might NOT be something ET a chance.

Seeing lights in the night sky that are not 100% proven to be ordinary is exactly what the acronym "UFO" refers to. If it's unidentified and moving in an airborne fashion, it is a UFO. And it is completely related to the "wider" phenomenon by that very definition. It may very well be misidentification, but so far there is no conclusive proof that it is or isn't. You were not there, yet instead of taking anything else into consideration other than the footage itself, you insist that it is not a "real" UFO sighting. The only thing you are exposing here is your own tunnel vision regarding the matter.

Additionally, the OP didn't state that it was ET in nature either. That was all you. He clearly stated that he did not know what it was, and that this was the first time he had seen a UFO in his life. He also clearly said that there were others who have seen the lights too, and frequently, and reported what they saw. He even provided you with the place you could find those reports. In fact, I actually think you're the only one who mentioned "aliens" or "ET" at all on the thread...the OP certainly didn't. You appear to have been so focused on attempting to discredit him that you failed to pay attention to what he actually said.

A bit of critical analysis goes a long way, not just blatantly accepting everything at face value.

Yet you attacked the OP because he didn't blatantly accept your pat explanation for what he actually witnessed at face value and is instead looking for alternative answers to what he saw.

From the OP:

Finally, after years of following different ufo stories I've had an experience of my own. It's strange to me that these ufo's are frequently seen in this area. If you go to nuforc.org, you can check their records for ufo sightings and see that I'm not the only one to see these lights in the area. Either way, I just made this post to show the footage that I recorded and maybe get some feed back. The voice that is heard in the video is my buddy. This is actually the second time he has witnessed these "phenomena" in the area. What you will see in the video is two glowing orbs pulsating in unison. This is actually the second video that I filmed. The first video shows two orbs coming from the northwest, and then fading. About five minutes later another two came from the northeast horizon. This video shows the second pair.

edit on 30147America/ChicagoSat, 26 Sep 2015 19:14:42 -050030pm30268America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

The fuel cell for the small lanterns is composed of brown paper and paraffin, the giant lantern fuel cell is composed of Rib paper and paraffin
This burns up completely and self extinguishes before the lantern falls back to earth.

The Fuel cells stay light for 8-10 minutes depending on atmospheric conditions

This depends entirely on the wind. On VERY calm days you can light them and the lanterns will come back down within 50 feet of where you are standing. But if there are winds then the lantern will travel at the same velocity and direction as the wind for the duration that it is airborne.

That last part is very important; lanterns are not going to travel faster than the wind velocity...they're not self-propelled like a drone or something.

well-known lantern manufacturer FAQ

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join