It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO footage; 10:14 pm September 6th, 2015. Warren Michigan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Finally, after years of following different ufo stories I've had an experience of my own. It's strange to me that these ufo's are frequently seen in this area. If you go to nuforc.org, you can check their records for ufo sightings and see that I'm not the only one to see these lights in the area. Either way, I just made this post to show the footage that I recorded and maybe get some feed back. The voice that is heard in the video is my buddy. This is actually the second time he has witnessed these "phenomena" in the area. What you will see in the video is two glowing orbs pulsating in unison. This is actually the second video that I filmed. The first video shows two orbs coming from the northwest, and then fading. About five minutes later another two came from the northeast horizon. This video shows the second pair.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Displays many telltale signs of chinese lanterns. Gentle movement, fading out (or rather, extinguishing).. Sorry to burst your bubble. Sightings of a possible ET nature are way more profound than what's on your video. You'd be left speechless. Still, no harm done.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Flying at the same rate of speed? And if you calculate their velocity just by the footage seen on the video, then you'd see they're traveling a little faster than what a lantern is capable of. ;-)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
No? Moving slowly is exactly what chinese lanterns are capable of? Here's a genuine non-chinese lantern moving at speeds and performing instant turns, for comparison:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Very Nice, thanx for sharing

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Yes, but, you can clearly see vehicles and the tree line and kind of get a feel for the speed of the objects; which is considerably faster than a lantern's top speed. I have recorded footage of chinese lanterns in the sky. There was a funeral about a mile away from my house once. They let dozens go. Lanterns don't pulse in unison or disappear as quickly.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

The object in your video actually resembles the one in mine.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
If you honestly, honestly feel you experienced "the good stuff" with these 2 slow moving, low level lights, fair enough. Whilst there may be very slight curiosity to the possible linking of the blinking or the fact the last one slows down, as I say the display here is very akin to chinese lanterns and very not akin to any legitimate perplexing UFO encounters. I'm pretty sure chinese lanterns will travel at whatever speed the wind is blowing at, whether its a 5mph breeze or a 40mph gust, quite where you get the idea of a chinese lantern having a "top speed" i don't know... it depends on the wind... And don't forget that we have several layers of wind, ground level wind, then swells and such at about 100 feet, and then upper winds. So just cos it isn't breezy on your porch, doesn't mean it's not breezy 50-100 feet above you, and vice versa.

Edit. Okay, you're a numpty. 3 replies and bollocks spouted in each. How on Earth is the video I posted ANYTHING like yours? Did you watch it beyond 2 seconds? Have another:

edit on 22-9-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

It actually comes out to be a lot faster than 40 mph. But the objects in both videos are pulsating in a similar pattern. Sure your object is zooming around... but it could be in distress. Which would be the obvious reason for such an erratic flight pattern.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Besides... I saw them with my own eyes. ;-) They weren't lanterns.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
How did you reach that assumption "it comes out faster than 40mph". How on earth can you tell? Are you really going to adamantly defend your boring sighting and video, are you not in the least slightly suspicious they might be lanterns? Like I say if this really is the good stuff for you, so be it. You seem to base your entire defense so far on "they were pulsating". That is a very minor factor in any legitimate UFO sighting, so please, pick another reason.

Of all the great UFO cases and sightings in the world about 1% of them are described as "just gently floating around". Your video falls into that 1%, not the 99% of "it shot past our cockpit", "it was a huge solid object", "it pulled an instananeous turn", "it seemed to react to me" etc. I'm not sure what UFO stories you've been following...presumably the clickbait stuff WINK
edit on 23-9-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

If you pay attention to the video, you can see vehicles go by in the lower corner. Also you have street lights, and the tree line. Therefore you have all the information you need to calculate the velocity of the object. You actually have none of those in the videos you posted. You can be "amazed" by yours, but there is absolutely nothing to say they're real. Those could be faked easier than my video.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: greenday1978

If you pay attention to the video, you can see vehicles go by in the lower corner. Also you have street lights, and the tree line. Therefore you have all the information you need to calculate the velocity of the object. You actually have none of those in the videos you posted. You can be "amazed" by yours, but there is absolutely nothing to say they're real. Those could be faked easier than my video.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like whatever is in the sky is much further away than the cars headlights that you can see below. Also, there is an issue of height/depth as well. What is your formula for calculating the velocity of the objects above, considering this major issue>?

Without having some kind of formula, it doesn't seem possible that you can tell even the range of velocity of the lights in the sky, when using the car headlights as a data point.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: supermarket2012

Average velocity = position/time = dispacement/time

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
They are moving quickly because you are going sideways with the camera constantly. Because it is dark and no point of reference you can't see it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Sounds good, so what did you get?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: greenday1978

Sorry but camera phones for night video are as about useful as a chocolate teapot.

How exactly do you work out the speed do you know distance or size

The foreground objects can't give you a feel as you have no iformation on the lights.

edit on 23-9-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

But how can you judge displacement if you don't know how far away the object is?

A satellite in space can seem to be moving slower than a bird in the sky -- covering the same amount of apparent distance (i.e., degrees of sky, from the observer's point of view) in the a longer period of time -- but the bird's actual velocity would obviously be slower.

Also, is it possible that these were planes with landing lights, and the apparent slowness could be caused by the plane's direction being partially toward the camera?

edit on 9/23/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Are you really going to adamantly defend your boring sighting and video, are you not in the least slightly suspicious they might be lanterns? Like I say if this really is the good stuff for you, so be it. You seem to base your entire defense so far on "they were pulsating". That is a very minor factor in any legitimate UFO sighting, so please, pick another reason.

Really now? This isn't a competition, right? It's footage...what everyone on these threads always whines about, right? So now it's not good enough because you think it's boring? Come on dude, can we please dispense with this crap? He already told you he doesn't believe they are lanterns because he has filmed lanterns before.

And what is this "base your entire defense" stuff? Why should he have to "defend" anything? He's not on trial ffs...yet you're dismissing his sighting saying that, what, it's mediocre because he doesn't believe they're Chinese lanterns? His feeling that the pulsating lights are not indicative of Chinese lanterns isn't a good enough reason? His replies have been "bollocks"? If he doesn't agree with you then his entire sighting is just worthless? No wonder we don't get any decent threads on this forum anymore...everyone is tired of being treated like crap for sharing anything. So sick of this petty nonsense.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: greenday1978

Thank you for posting. I have seen objects very similar to yours before, out in the desert, in a place where there are no such things as lanterns, Chinese or otherwise, floating in the night sky. And I have seen them more than once. I also saw some smack in the middle of a large city at 3am and got photos of them. I don't know what they were, but I emailed the pics to my friend, who's cousin worked for SETI, and he forwarded them to another friend who was a field investigator for MUFON, and none of them even suggested one time that they were lanterns.

I personally feel that if something seems odd to your gut, it's usually a good idea to follow that. If you feel that you saw something that cannot be easily explained away, then I believe you. I hope you filed a report with MUFON...if you didn't, it'd be a good idea to do it while it's fresh in your mind, and they'll want a copy of the video. An investigator will contact you, usually via email.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join