It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Animal Behavior in Western Washington

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neroMANIAC
Why does it seem you all just blindly jump on the earthquake wagon. You all have no proof of anything about earthquakes except the facts that dogs run just right before, birds fly when there perch shakes. Shut the # up. You all sound so stupid and make every topic simply idiotic. When anyone looking for reality in facts and to learn the truth. They read all your dip#, clown thoughts.

The OP said it in his curiosity of the subject. Birds in circling domain squaking, like birds do when schooling fish or eating, correct. A whale randomly up river, one whale, not a pod or plural. One. Which OP stated could be due to following food.
Well this is odd but wasn't there a catastrophic nuclear event across the WEST coast in japan? There was. Odd. Hasn't there been mass die offs of bait fish sardines/herring fisheries shut down due to no fish. Seals in more abundance in places no typical, i.e. rivers i.e. columbia river.
Also the mass dead orca/whale fetus in utero across pacific.

To be blunt now. There is no food, animals are looking for the food, everywhere. And are dying across the ocean due to no food from the nuclear kill off of plankton. If anything animals are more intelligent than you know and are trying to tell us, warn us.
# your earthquake bs, "they" can earthquake anywhere, anytime they want.
You really need to wake up to what the rat wheel of bs conspiracy truths. It was the original form of disinformation.

All input is welcome, and you have some good thoughts. Let me give you a little advice though, since this is your first day here at ATS. Try to be a little more....ummm...polite. I value everyone's opinion, but being snarky, cussing, and talking down to all us idiots won't earn you much respect.

Having said that, welcome to ATS, and remember where you are and try to be a little more open to others points of views.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: westcoast

originally posted by: neroMANIAC
Why does it seem you all just blindly jump on the earthquake wagon. You all have no proof of anything about earthquakes except the facts that dogs run just right before, birds fly when there perch shakes. Shut the # up. You all sound so stupid and make every topic simply idiotic. When anyone looking for reality in facts and to learn the truth. They read all your dip#, clown thoughts.

The OP said it in his curiosity of the subject. Birds in circling domain squaking, like birds do when schooling fish or eating, correct. A whale randomly up river, one whale, not a pod or plural. One. Which OP stated could be due to following food.
Well this is odd but wasn't there a catastrophic nuclear event across the WEST coast in japan? There was. Odd. Hasn't there been mass die offs of bait fish sardines/herring fisheries shut down due to no fish. Seals in more abundance in places no typical, i.e. rivers i.e. columbia river.
Also the mass dead orca/whale fetus in utero across pacific.

To be blunt now. There is no food, animals are looking for the food, everywhere. And are dying across the ocean due to no food from the nuclear kill off of plankton. If anything animals are more intelligent than you know and are trying to tell us, warn us.
# your earthquake bs, "they" can earthquake anywhere, anytime they want.
You really need to wake up to what the rat wheel of bs conspiracy truths. It was the original form of disinformation.

All input is welcome, and you have some good thoughts. Let me give you a little advice though, since this is your first day here at ATS. Try to be a little more....ummm...polite. I value everyone's opinion, but being snarky, cussing, and talking down to all us idiots won't earn you much respect.

Having said that, welcome to ATS, and remember where you are and try to be a little more open to others points of views.

(Oh! And since you are being picky.....per the article, there could be as many as TWO DOZEN whales in the river)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Strange animal behavior has always been something to be aware of. Animals have no agenda, no bias, no ulterior motives. They are simply true. They are true to themselves and their environment. If something is drastically amiss, regardless of how or why, the animals will probably notice long before we do.

As Douglas Adams put it, human beings pay far too much attention to the movement of small green pieces of paper and digital watches...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
VERY Strange Animal behaviour Spotted

In Maurizius, India and SriLanka fish have thrown themselves upon the shores like crazy since yesterday... The beaches are full of panicked fish. I saw film from a friend about it.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I just ventured outside in the PNW a little south of Portland to find a group of birds, geese I think, overhead squawking in the most freakish panicked way I have ever heard. They sounded downright crazed. I have also personally never heard geese at 3am like that. Following them was a host of other various birds also having a rather urgent quality to their reports. While they oddness may not be evident in my attempt to describe it with words I immediately recalled this thread and have decided to mention it here.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 0001391

@katsal and @0001391 animals are much like our canaries in the coal mine. They have the ability to pick up on small changes in our environment that affect them. They may have no clue to what or why the oddity has occurred and may become confused and unsure of how to respond. Just like with us, the greater the numbers that are involved, the more likely chaos will ensue.

There are numerous tales and folklore that speaks of people that only survived because they followed the panicked animals away from an unseen and unknown danger. Even if the oddity brings no immediate danger, it is still wise and prudent to be aware.

I would rather take the chance of erring on the side of caution, even if it angers others because they don't want to be reminded that we have little control over the mechanics of the world we live in. You do no one any harm by being vigilante, and they can choose to ignore your comments and anything else they do not agree with, or are willing to consider.

All is as usual on my home front. If anything changes I will be aware and tuned in. I trust my fellow Earthlings and I listen when they speak; even if they speak gently and softly. Animals rarely speak to us. I would think it wise to listen when they do.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: revswirl

The New Yorker has always offered "intellectually alternative" perspectives. It's never been mainstream. Too deep, few sound bites (except for the cartoons), and the words are too big.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Here in Nor Cal I have not seen any bees or yellow jackets in my backyard all summer, which is not normal. I don't know if the drought could have something to do with it, but they are usually harassing me while I am out there doing yard work or while tending the garden. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Just caught this on GEE!

Everything was looking normal with just background noise and then, on two of the monitors in Western Washington, something was just recorded. At the same time, another detector stopped transmitting.

Hopefully this is not a precursor to a larger event.

The other detector just came back online and is showing the same event. We now have three monitors showing an event in Western Washington.

ETA: Just saw this report on USGS. I'm pretty sure this is the event that was just recorded by these monitors.

M 5.6 - 176km W of Port Hardy, Canada

Tsunami Warning Center
Time: 2015-09-24 13:49:00 UTC
Depth: 12.0 km

Stay Safe!

Bishop
edit on 9/24/2015 by Bishop2199 because: I like change

edit on 9/24/2015 by Bishop2199 because: Earthquake!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hmmm... any updates?
edit on 9/24/2015 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bishop2199

There was an event in the water off of Vancouver, my guess is that's what it picked up.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Something big is happening right now in the PNW.

This is ongoing on the Leavenworth, WA monitor. This is a larger disturbance on this monitor than was recorded earlier today when the 5.5 hit off the coast. The other two monitors that I have been watching are not showing anything, so I am a bit baffled at what is going on.

Be Safe!

Bishop

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bishop2199
Just caught this on GEE!

Stay Safe!

Bishop

wait...what do you think it is, Bishop?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: xoenneox

This was the detectors going off for the 5.5 earthquake off the coast of Port Hardy, BC.

I have been monitoring the PNW today and noticed that the Leavenworth, WA monitor started to tip the scales a couple of hours after the 5.5, but the other monitors are not showing anything. Just about 15 minutes ago all the monitors went dark, so I can't get anymore data. Hopefully they are just rebooting their systems.

Stay Safe!

Bishop

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

This was the detectors going off for the 5.5 earthquake off the coast of Port Hardy, BC.

I have been monitoring the PNW today and noticed that the Leavenworth, WA monitor started to tip the scales a couple of hours after the 5.5, but the other monitors are not showing anything. Just about 15 minutes ago all the monitors went dark, so I can't get anymore data. Hopefully they are just rebooting their systems.

Stay Safe!

Bishop

All the monitors went dark???
How...convenient...
edit on 24-9-2015 by xoenneox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

They did, but everything is back up now.

Apparently, they just released a new version of their monitoring software. It just updated my system and the monitors are back, but I don't think I like the new format. Everything is overlaid and hard to read.

Bishop

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I've been going for runs in Van, bc, but I haven't noticed any birds or dogs acting differently.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It appears that the Leavenworth, WA detector was just going off as an anomaly to the software upgrade they just completed. All looks normal now. Sorry for the excitement.

Hopefully the 5.5 this morning is all we will see for a while.

Stay Safe!

Bishop

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It appears that the Leavenworth, WA detector was just going off as an anomaly to the software upgrade they just completed. All looks normal now. Sorry for the excitement.

Hopefully the 5.5 this morning is all we will see for a while.

Stay Safe!

Bishop

I was just going to say, that the leavenworth monitor was likely a glitch, based on how it looked.

Great catch with the Vancouver quake!! I got a new laptop last year and haven't been able to download GEE successfully onto it. It is VERY frustrating!

For those wondering: NO, this 5.4 quake would not cause any of the things discussed on this thread. It was shallow, moderate in size, and not unusual for that area. It could be a pre-cursor, however. There have been a few 6.-6.5 quakes on that fault in the past few years, and they're typically preceded by a mid 5.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

Actually, I now do not think it was a glitch. Earlier, the University released a new version of GEE which made everything look normal, but I think they had problems since they put the old version back within a half hour.

After they put it back, I recorded the following dip back high to low and then back to high.

So, I think the monitor is working correctly. I sure am wondering what is up there, though.

Just now, I noticed another dip and it seems to be staying down, so it seems like there is something fishy going on in the Leavenworth, WA area.

Stay Safe!

Bishop
edit on 9/24/2015 by Bishop2199 because: I like change

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join