It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man most likely evolved from a Virus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Noinden
It is insular, and unimaginative to assume that all life is DNA or RNA and amino acid based.

If you read my post again I agree other types of life can be out there, but it is a fact that RNA DNA life is out there. I also said that other types of life would most like be so different in nature we might not even recognize it as life and it would play little into anything what we consider as life.

It is interesting that you are changing the topic away from the debate, to "type life does not really matter". It is NOT what this thread is about. No type of life probably does not matter, except, when one is talking about evolution. It really does, if one wants to talk about a historical relationship between say different hominids, or a virus, and humans. We are certainly not going to have evolved from something which encodes its instructions for existence in a manner different than our own.

Man most likely evolved from a Virus

We share 98% DNA with chimps that takes us back 5 to 10 million years, 50% DNA with a grape vine that takes us back 400 million years... How much DNA do we share with a virus for the OP to make their claim?

I assumed the OP meant life evolved from a virus since we, human, did not. Maybe I'm wrong in my assumption, so please set me on the right path.

If the Parasitic wasp through evolution has the ability to change a life form by infecting it with a Virus, why is it not possible somewhere in history for an Ancestor of ape to be somehow infected by a virus that changed its brain function and genetics to send it on its way to becoming Man? With the HIV Virus, Man becomes the Virus, With the Man Virus, Ape Becomes Man
Viruses are possibly the essential building blocks of life, and with out them there would be no life or life in a Form IE: Mammals,Reptiles, Etc

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

If the Parasitic wasp through evolution has the ability to change a life form by infecting it with a Virus, why is it not possible somewhere in history for an Ancestor of ape to be somehow infected by a virus that changed its brain function and genetics to send it on its way to becoming Man? With the HIV Virus, Man becomes the Virus, With the Man Virus, Ape Becomes Man
Viruses are possibly the essential building blocks of life, and with out them there would be no life or life in a Form IE: Mammals,Reptiles, Etc

I'm not saying it is impossible, just very improvable. This is 100% speculation at best, there is no examples of a virus changing the DNA of an advance life form. I think us having 23 chromosome pairs compared to 24 pairs with apes has more to do with the difference between man and ape then DNA.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join