It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just gonna leave this pic with you....right here....I want to be here...best seat in the world

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Images like this give me life, no joke. I only hope those who are able to view it do not take it for granted! I would give anything to be alone in nature with the only lights in the sky being that of the universe. I'm still young, though, so my hope of experiencing this isn't gone quite yet. Still, I feel like everyone would be a bit more in tune with the world if they could grow up seeing it untouched by man and uncorrupted by society's pollution.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chimney
Images like this give me life, no joke. I only hope those who are able to view it do not take it for granted! I would give anything to be alone in nature with the only lights in the sky being that of the universe. I'm still young, though, so my hope of experiencing this isn't gone quite yet. Still, I feel like everyone would be a bit more in tune with the world if they could grow up seeing it untouched by man and uncorrupted by society's pollution.

I feel the same. If only everyone young could have a similar view we might actually be alright!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gentledissident

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: six67seven

My kids are dying to see it but not sure if age appropriate for an 8 and 9 year old.

When I was a child in the seventies, our parents expected us to be into age inappropriate stuff. I'm sure it had something to do with them wanting us to "grow up", leave home, and leave them alone. I'm really not sure how I survived or overcame all the mental baggage of neglect on such a huge scale.

As for the pic, I didn't know that one could escape air and light pollution at that altitude. It's a beautiful sky.

It's 12-14 thousand feet above sea level... not much air pollution there.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Nothing else to say other than nice

Experiences like these evolve the soul

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Beautiful image and I'm not calling it out as fake as I'd have to image a 30sec exposure from that location to be sure however the photographer is no stranger to composite editing.
For consideration source: www.flickr.com...

edit on 22-9-2015 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

The light we see is so old that the life on the other end is long dead....probably..lol...maybe

Isn't that even more poetic though? Photons from many, many light years away being reflected from other souls and traveling across galaxies to reach our little neck of the woods.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent321

Nothing else to say other than nice

Experiences like these evolve the soul

Agreed.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

That is such a beautiful picture. I just keep looking at it.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Photo was taken in a single exposure by Jeff Dai on the site of the Yaqing Temple, Sichuan, China. I want to be here right now and for the rest of my life.....really makes you wonder about space and all there is out there.

Source

Too much light...Can't see the UFOs...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

That is such a beautiful picture. I just keep looking at it.

Yeah...every time I see this thread pop up to the top I open it up....it is kind of nice to see it popping up so often and getting a reminder.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Hard to imagine getting that shot with so much light pollution.

Take a look at his flikr page from the link I posted...pretty damn good. 30 sec exposure, and that seems to be the norm on his pics from his page.

just went to his flikr page....amazing photos....thanks for the post

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Hard to imagine getting that shot with so much light pollution.

Take a look at his flikr page from the link I posted...pretty damn good. 30 sec exposure, and that seems to be the norm on his pics from his page.

just went to his flikr page....amazing photos....thanks for the post

Yeah...he has a lot of the milkyway....wish I had talent like this. Actually, I wish I could travel like he seems to. My sister-in-law is a pretty famous photographer, has a pic in the Smithsonian, and she travels all over the world for some insanely cool shoots. If I could only do it all over....I would have picked a much cooler profession.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

How cool would it have been for you if your dad took you to see 2001 A Space Odyssey when it first opened? Just creating memories. Im not sure if its age appropriate but if the rating has anything to do with language, I doubt they'll remember that…theyll focus on the adventure if thats what you focus on.

I saw 2001 for my 11th birthday when it first opened. Barely had a clue what I was watching. All I remember is my whole family hated it, but then they hate most of the good films out there.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly second that. Ironically enough, 2001 was my absolute favorite movie when I was like 9 years old. Children new to be exposed to these kinds of films more. It's inspired awe and wonder in the cosmos. It's a beautiful thing my friend.
That photo is s perfect example of such wonder. It perfectly embodies that feeling one may get when looking up at the vast night sky, standing before a mountain range, or even looking out at the ocean as it meets the horizon far into the distance. You just feel so alive, and realize how small you are in comparison to the world around you. Good night guys, enjoy your evening.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Love the picture, but I wonder how long the OP had to hold his breath to get past the worst air on the planet and avoid food cooked with gutter oil to get that picture...hehe

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It mystifies me that we on Earth can see such beauty in the sky, but pictures from the Space Station show mostly a pitch black background. It's almost as if we're looking up at a beautiful canvass, and the astronauts fly above that canvass.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

May I join you?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It mystifies me that we on Earth can see such beauty in the sky, but pictures from the Space Station show mostly a pitch black background.

That's because those photos were taken in daylight, and the camera's exposure and sensitivity were set accordingly.

There are plenty of night-time shots from the ISS that show the stars and the Milky Way.

Like this one:

or this one:

Night-time shots from orbit offer unprecedented views of the aurora:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Photo was taken in a single exposure by Jeff Dai on the site of the Yaqing Temple, Sichuan, China. I want to be here right now and for the rest of my life.....really makes you wonder about space and all there is out there.

Source

It may be a single exposure but that has been worked on in lightroom / photoshop or both.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Wow....that first one is really nice. I will have to look up more of those. I bet it is pretty amazing to be on ISS being able to see these things without any obstruction.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join