It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What came first, Nothing or Something?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne
a reply to: OOOOOO

Please keep in mind that 27% of the universe is made of dark matter, dark energy accounts for about 70%. We have absolutely no idea what that is. I don't think we have "defined" the universe yet since all branches of science only deal with 5% of "normal matter".

science.nasa.gov...

No one really knows, yet, it could just be exotic gravity, as for the Universe slowing down the Bang just occurred, it could take quite sometime for gravity to regain control.

What if Dark Matter is just bits of the Nothing caught up in the Universe, as when the Bang occurred it reched speeds far graeter than the speed of Light, in it's first moment of Banging.

Perhaps Dark Energy, is only the want of the Nothing to Be.:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
The never ending debate... can something come from nothing?

As time goes on, the idea we are just a simulation seems so logical.

When you go to the roots of this question, you can't find an answer. We're not there yet.

Our understanding is limited to our perception of space and time. We really have no idea WTF is going on or has gone on in the past.

My mind gets tired just thinking about it.

This is really a great concept, as with this being a Simulation, it could really be just started 6000 years ago, think about it.

It really goes past space and time.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think nothing is always existing when you think of quantum physics that you have infinite possibilities, you must have infinite non-possibilities. So therefore what is happening now there is also a different possibility that is not happening, which would be nothing. So nothing is also happening.

Before the Big Bang, before the point of singularity, there must have been a "big bang" version of dimensions, and before that a big bang of "possibilities" and "non-possibilities". Therefore we are a result of a possibility so in essence there always was something. So we must be in a reality of infinity, where something and nothing is infinite.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I find what Dr. Jason Lisle said was interesting:

Of course, many of the laws of nature can be derived mathematically from other laws. For example, Kepler’s laws of planetary motion can be derived from Newton’s laws of gravity and motion (classical physics). And (it is thought that) the reason gravity works the way it does is because mass “curves space-time.” Essentially, space and time are treated as a “fabric” which is distorted by the presence of mass; the mass curves space-time, and then space-time tells the mass how to move. Many laws of nature depend on other laws which depend on still others, and so on. Ultimately, there must be a foundational set of principles which exist for no other reason than that God has so decreed. Ultimately, the fundamental laws of nature require a law-giver.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
They both came into existence at the exact same time.

The void or nothing and the creator or something.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Beautiful post. The simplest definition of Taoism I have ever encountered is "dark implies light and light implies dark". I thought that was so cool and you have nailed it in your thread. And it amuses me that so many people wage war on darkness, ideologically speaking, because darkness is what gives their light it's strength. With less shadow comes less light. One of those bitter ironies that tickle me so much.

What you REALLY mean is that the Dark Forces created us in order to enslave us for its own diabolical purpose and what resulted was a totally unanticipated rise of the opposite rebellion (within the human/consciousness) of that negative force; positive "Light" emerged: we are finally gaining a foothold within this evil system of betrayal (parent child). The dark hates LOVE as it cannot feed on this frequency of energy.
edit on 24-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: OOOOOO

As I said before this Universe we arein, is not infinite, it is finite, it has been defined, it's numbers have been counted. The number of atoms in this Universe are somewhere around 10 to the 81 first, pleasee don't quote me, I'm not going to look it up you can if you wish.

Space ends with the end of space/,time. Our space is not empty, it contans about a minum of one hydrogen atom per cubic meter, if you go out side of our Universe's space therre is nothing there, it does not exist yet.

This universe will have it's time and then it will end, simple as that. But that does not mean it's the end of the story.

I guess my point is the number of atoms does not means that is the limit of the universe, but it is the limit of matter in the universe. That matter can continue to expand, within space, without a end to that expansion, and that is one hypothesis, that matter will continue to expand as gravity continues to be spread out more and more weakening whatever hold it may play in our universe.

Yes, so they say, rather than the big crunch, everything will just be pulled apart until it no longer exist, I am not in line with this theory. But there you go finite. You don't know what gravity may or may not do, who knows as the Higgs field expands with the Universe, it may have a inverse effect on gravity, maybe Black Holes will live to, take back control of the Universe, in a blinding flash of darkness. Maybe in 20 Trillion years, a great Machine will exist, that will suck the Universe back into, The Singularity.
In the not to distant future, we create a holographic Universe. The Matrix is already present, all you need is enough bits. 010101000110100001100101001000000110001101100100011001010010000001100001011011000111001001100101011000010110010001111001001000000110010101111000011010 01011100110111010000101110

If you found a cube of space void of all particles it is still not a cube of nothingness. It is a cube of space/time.

There is still some doubt of the aethers, but what the matrix, still you can not have a cube of Nothing, and the concept of a cube would not work, out side of the confines of the space/time, of our Universe.

edit on 24-9-2015 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The blending of the Yin and the Yang, it's really about Love, when the Universe reaches it's Omega point, there will be no place for Hate.

The all of everything has been here, for always, you think, that in that period, that everything has not already been Perfected, only a fool would not realize, their True State of existence. There is a reason for all things, we are but apart of that.

The Pain of Existence, it will be awhile, before people really wake-up, look around you, all the lies, screw the other person it's me, me, me, but really we are all one, we are all entangled with the entire Universe, even billions of light years away.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Why , Something Of Course ! The Supreme Creator Of All Things.....

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Nothing from nothing is nothing, you've got to have something if you want to be with me

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OOOOOO

There is still some doubt of the aethers, but what the matrix, still you can not have a cube of Nothing, and the concept of a cube would not work, out side of the confines of the space/time, of our Universe.

We can not comprehend what is outside of our universe other than it is outside. I still do not see it as nothingness just something different. It may be so different that something and nothing is not even a reality there. As to our universe we can have a big crunch too, but until that happens space/time is infinite. We both agree, I think, that matter and time are two limiting factors, but going back to my initial point, there is no such thing as nothingness.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

You cant have infinite possibilities in a finite universe governed by finite universal laws. Not even on the Quantum Levels.

If there were infintie possibilities there would be no Law governing Our universe. It would be random from top to bottom. Our Math wouldnt even add up. And Quantum physics and study would be a Waste of time and Money.

But hey... we have to say something to keep the Money flowing in.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Energy is all there is. It is just energy - there are not two energies.
Energy is moving but it is not going anywhere and has never been anywhere.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Would 'nothing' have boundaries or exert attraction or repulsion ? Would it modify .... a 'something', nothing's opposite ?

Would it occupy a location ? Would it react ? I think the concept of absolute nothing is flawed, my opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Would 'nothing' have boundaries or exert attraction or repulsion ? Would it modify .... a 'something', nothing's opposite ?

Would it occupy a location ? Would it react ? I think the concept of absolute nothing is flawed, my opinion.

not quite..

nothing ever existed
and because IT never existed
IT was something that existed
then the something, which was nothing
realized nothing exists besides itself
and since it was nothing and something
it imagined that the something was another nothing
and it ended up with 2 nothings.

but they couldnt tell eachother apart so they decided that one would be called nothing
and the other.. something
but nothing was standing in somethings spot
and something was standing in nothing's spot
so they tried to switch places.
but realized that nothing happened

"because nothing has no borders"

my grammar teacher is gonna love that statement.

edit on 25-9-2015 by John333 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2015 by John333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
I think nothing is always existing when you think of quantum physics that you have infinite possibilities, you must have infinite non-possibilities. So therefore what is happening now there is also a different possibility that is not happening, which would be nothing. So nothing is also happening.

Before the Big Bang, before the point of singularity, there must have been a "big bang" version of dimensions, and before that a big bang of "possibilities" and "non-possibilities". Therefore we are a result of a possibility so in essence there always was something. So we must be in a reality of infinity, where something and nothing is infinite.

This is exactly what makes sense to me.

It's not important if spatial dimension or time came first -- we know the first four dimensions 'happened.'

Its not important that we can precisely define and imagine what Nothing is, either. And it's not important whether we have seen most of what Something is or if there are an infinite amount of multiverses we haven't seen, or we are as simple as a simulation.

What's important is that we all know an idea of Nothing does exist whether it is within space and/or time -- or neither.

These are ideas no mind had to create or think of. We know about the arrow of time because we can measure it and compare to an idea of no time passing -- even if we cannot imagine what that's like. We know that Something exists in space, so we can compare it to an idea of Nothing NOT existing in space -- even if we cannot imagine what that's like.

The Ideas of Time and Something have opposites that define them -- WE DO NOT DEFINE THEM. And there's no getting around it. If we didn't have Time and Space -- which are forever linked in SpaceTime, then we understand there would be only Nothing in No Time, Nor Space.

And because the IDEA of Nothing in No Time, Nor Space exists and is the alternative to Something in Time and Space -- it is dependent on Something in Time and Space to quantify and/or define it. Nothing in No Time, Nor Space caused Something in Time and Space to exist perpetually and simultaneously.

Something in Time and Space must be the exact and precise Something in Time and Space to be a perpetual Something in Time and Space. And we are driven by the instinct to be perpetual -- on every level. Everything with 'instinct' is born with the same instinct to be perpetual.

Something in Time and Space is perpetual and must have an amazing amount of variables that are destined to fall into place to keep it perpetual. Accordingly, there are bound to be situations where an innate instinct to be perpetuatl does not serve the greater good, and instead serves an individual's good.

And that is pretty much what we see.

But all of it was 'factored in' because Nothing and Something are, in fact, perpetual and exactly what they need to be.
edit on 25-9-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Energy is all there is. It is just energy - there are not two energies.
Energy is moving but it is not going anywhere and has never been anywhere.

Measureable certainly its existence; and also has a charge negative or positive (not two energies) just an energy with two doppelganger distinct personalities. The interesting part of this is what charge is accepted by what device or Being that is fine tuned enough to understand the energy of love (very high frequency) or hate (very low frequency) and what it can consume?
edit on 25-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Funny.. I was just looking for videos about this last night.

I was asking from a scientific viewpoint, but unfortunately only found religious connections. My question was, if the big bang started it all, where did the matter from the big bang come from? The closest I got was "dark matter". Okay.. where did the dark matter come from?

Sometimes I wonder if we even really exist. We live in a reality that we create for ourselves.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The rooster..

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

The rooster..

Thread moved into areas beyond scope is all.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join