It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imperial Ambitions: Russia’s Military Buildup......The Dark Corners Of Putin's Mind........

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Lol, I'm the one biased with all the gibberish you spitted in this thread.

What part of the world do you live in? You have been brainwashed into thinking that the worst of the worst is the best!

I'd say that I'm not the brainwashed one, you talk like you had confidential informations, but you just have none and you are also making up facts.

If you think we don't have troops on the ground and have had for a very long time then you are not up on any current events and are just a sympathizer to anyone against the U.S.!! How can you support the people that are slaughtering their own? The US is not killing their own citizens that would be your Assad! Your Putin as he marched into a Sovreign Country killed and bombed the citizens there and took over as he did in Crimea!

Really, what are you talking about. Are you saying there is an abundant american militaries on the ground in Syria? Source please, not your words. And how does it relate with sympathizers against the US that's total nonsense.
Your police also seem very good at killing your own people, should we invade America because of that?

Earlier you stated that the people of Crimea wanted to go back to Russian rule! That is so far from the truth! Why would anyone who is free yearn for the rule of Communist! Let me give up my freedom and go bacck to a place where i have none? Maakes no sense!!

If you had a problem with history books you can go to wikipedia and check Crimea's history, and the fact that you can't understand why they would want to be russian rather than ukranian is totally irrelevant.
Nor to mention that Russia isn't comunist since, you know, a quarter of a century.

Try spending some time learning history rather than spitting fascist bigotry all around.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

If you had a problem with history books you can go to wikipedia and check Crimea's history, and the fact that you can't understand why they would want to be russian rather than ukranian is totally irrelevant.

They had history of course, but it seems they weren't actually wanting to repeat it...so says the man who was there.

Seems that contradicts what the Russian government would have you to believe.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

ISIS came into reality as a result of Syrian war and not due to the fact that Obama pulled troops out of Iraq. Syria was quiet until Saudi, Qatar and others started pumping the resources to foreign AQ fighters to topple Assasd.........this all on the directions of the USA and its addiction for the Arab Springs.

US troops cannot stay for ever in Iraq or Afghanistan and baby sit the incompetent regimes costing US taxpayers $10B and more each single month. US trained Iraqi troops and armed them to teeth. Why these troops would defect, surrender or retreat at slightest of engagements is any body's guess.

US should not have gone to Iraq in the first place and Obama was wise to pull them out once peace and stability returned and looked like maintaining a firm hold.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Not sure this video is strongly in favour of your cause, it seems like it supports russians being on the side of the people of Crimea to me.
Not very easy to follow it without a context tho, but nice video. Do you have a link for the entire interview? Seems like the question/statement before the start was kind of interesting.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Not sure this video is strongly in favour of your cause, it seems like it supports russians being on the side of the people of Crimea to me.

So forcing the ministers to vote for Russia, and him admitting there was no support from the people, how did you come to the conclusion that the Russians were on the side of the people?

very easy to follow it without a context tho, but nice video. Do you have a link for the entire interview? Seems like the question/statement before the start was kind of interesting.

Here you go...

Needs translating.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
So forcing the ministers to vote for Russia, and him admitting there was no support from the people, how did you come to the conclusion that the Russians were on the side of the people?

That's not what he said, he said they gathered and forced them into the hall to vote, but I don't see how he said anything about people being opposed to the vote. I think he is talking about the ukranian army/police, he mentions that only berkut was on the side of people while the rest were still taking orders from kiev, that's why I am intrested in getting a bit more of this interview.

Here you go...

Needs translating.

Thanks, I'll try to find a way to get a transcript. If anyone here can help just PM me.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Oh please tell me you are not saying that the people who were forced to come back at gunpoint felt free enough to vote against what was occurring.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Oh please tell me you are not saying that the people who were forced to come back at gunpoint felt free enough to vote against what was occurring.

Mmm I'm not really sure he is saying "at gunpoint", he is saying that they forced them to vote immediatedly. And I'm not even sure he was referring to the people, but to the supreme council of Crimea to indict the referendum. At least it's not clear from that part of the interview and is on a pro-ukraine channel, so pardon me if I don't jump to conclusions before checking the rest of the interview.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Exactly. This is also why it's a good idea to be skeptical about Putin's supposed 90% approval rating.

Start thinking like a Russian.

If you were to get a call from some random person asking you if you supported the President, and this president is a KGB Colonel and has jailed and otherwise iced plenty of political enemies on national TV, what are YOU going to answer?

The Communist Party perfected the art of asking superficially innocent questions, but always tinged with an implied threat.

So Comrade Yanukovytch, do you support President Putin?

edit on 25-9-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

That's not what he said, he said they gathered and forced them into the hall to vote, but I don't see how he said anything about people being opposed to the vote.

WHen you are forced to vote you don't support what's happening...and the ministers are people to are they not?

And the fact that the Russian government own admission to the real numbers for the Crimean vote and you don't have alot of support from the people.

And it wouldn't have mattered anyways...Putin had already decided the fate of Crimea long before the sham of a vote.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I don't agree, the local government guys might have been reluctant because of possible repercussions, and are in no way related to the outcomes of the referendum. I'll just point out that the polls weren't really indicating that Crimea liked Ukraine, either pre and most probably not post Yanukovich.

My opinion is that Crimea should have voted for indipendence by both, but we have to remember that the vast majority is russian and pro-russia for more than ideologic reasons. On the other side I don't think there's anyone that can claim they wanted to or have economic interests to stay in Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Perhaps now the skeptics, the one's shaking there head and laughing when I posted this are getting a dose of reality!

Putin tells USA to remove war planes! There is no need to source this because there is already a thread on this very topic!

My point is Russia has an ulterior motive when he said "we want to fight terrorism, let us help" ! And it is more than pumping up Assad's political power and supporting his tyrannical reign .....It is all about Russia's move to assert itself as a world power player and to grab land in the Baltic region, just as he did in Crimea....This is only the beginning!

Yes, you should fear Russia! They are dangerous and Putin is not afraid to takeover the Middle East....We were too weak there under the joke Obama!! Obama created a vacuum when he pulled troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan too quickly...

Obama's answer to fighting IS was to send in Elite Special Forces to play tiddly winks!! He should be held accountable for this mess!!

Pax

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join