It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Russian Marines have now engaged ISIS fighters in direct combat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Seems like there's a lot of re-used images, etc., going around being used as proof. need to look more into the source, etc.

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: MrSpad
We'll know its serious if/when the Russians bring in their Cossack Mercs. From what I understand, in Georgia for example and Ukraine, the Russians send in the Cossack mercenaries to do "suppression" work; the mercenaries round up the city/village leaders and cap them in front of the townspeople after storming the location. They are then followed up by the Russian "Regulars" who blow everything up after stealing anything of value. ISIS wouldn't have a prayer against the Mercenaries who are as bloodthirsty and ruthless as ISIS is. But against the Russian regular army? ISIS wouldn't have a lot of trouble.

For all that stated above.....I rather seriously doubt this report. For one thing, the Rusky bases are on the coast; I doubt ISIS has any fighters that far west.

Because that's who curtailed Ottoman Empire.
edit on 22-9-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Russia and usa have reached a moderate and reasonable accord toward Russia's middleastern counterbalance via longtime ally Syria, and a coalition [not necessarily unified, but co-active] effort against ISIS.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
It looks like it may be Russia who saves the world from this evil despicable force, ISIS, as it saved the world from the Nazis in WWII.

While Obama dithers while one of the most evil forces in history runs rampant Russia is stepping up to reality.

Of course Russia like in WWII aren’t saints but at least they are doing what must be done something Obama doesn’t understand unless he is under orders directly to do nothing, a likely proposition.

If there was ever a war where it is justified it is against an evil force like ISIS where the world should unite and destroy it.

Even the antiwar liberals are wrong on this one.

While what you have said about Russia might be true, let us not forget they have conquered nearly the entire Eastern Europe and enforced their ideology, just like Hitler was trying. Just like ISIS is now trying.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Me like this. Russian showing some balls and spirit here - which obviously Obama-mamas did not have. Hats off for Ruskies this time. Kick some #ss and show those ISIS dolls who's the boss.

I love this hard - long time waiting.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Surely one of the big questions is how is it that Obama with all the resources of the American forces hasn't dealt with ISIS a long time ago. The only answer is, he doesn't want to - he's OK with the suffering of the ordinary people in that area - absolutely fine with it.

What we need to remember is that fortunately we don't live in Syria ourselves so aren't living through the misery of it all.

Cameron is no better except for launching little drones capable of pinpointing him exactly to people who threaten queenie back in the UK. But we can forgive cameron, he's traumatised from the experience of putting his bo--ocks into dead pigs mouths etc. Isn't there a term for sex with dead animals? Oh Yes! its Necrozoophelia and its illegal in the UK.

The Daily Mail gives us a fine view from an ex colleague of our PM's antics from debauchery, drug taking - whilst pontificating against others who indulge of course in all sorts of nasty views about poor people - who "Aren't like us according to Mrs c. Shame she's not in Syria! IMHO

I wish the Russians all the best in this. We also need to know exactly how ISIS gets its information and deal with whose giving it to them - there are a few good few around who would sink to any level in order to get their own way.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Report: Russian Marines have now engaged ISIS fighters in direct combat - good , excellent work Riussia, keep it up.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
Surely one of the big questions is how is it that Obama with all the resources of the American forces hasn't dealt with ISIS a long time ago. The only answer is, he doesn't want to - he's OK with the suffering of the ordinary people in that area - absolutely fine with it.

What we need to remember is that fortunately we don't live in Syria ourselves so aren't living through the misery of it all.

Cameron is no better except for launching little drones capable of pinpointing him exactly to people who threaten queenie back in the UK. But we can forgive cameron, he's traumatised from the experience of putting his bo--ocks into dead pigs mouths etc. Isn't there a term for sex with dead animals? Oh Yes! its Necrozoophelia and its illegal in the UK.

The Daily Mail gives us a fine view from an ex colleague of our PM's antics from debauchery, drug taking - whilst pontificating against others who indulge of course in all sorts of nasty views about poor people - who "Aren't like us according to Mrs c. Shame she's not in Syria! IMHO

I wish the Russians all the best in this. We also need to know exactly how ISIS gets its information and deal with whose giving it to them - there are a few good few around who would sink to any level in order to get their own way.

What has this got to do with Cameron and his antics as a youngster?

I would imagine there is to no substance, as pointed out the Russians are running an Airfield to support Assad, well you don't put Airports in hostile territory, what use are your aircraft taking off within range of Manpads? I think Russia learned from that in Afghanistan.

I call bs as the media want reports of Russians fighting just like the cheer boys on here bigging up Russia fighting ISIS, send in Cossack Mercs?! Seriously?!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

Assad's forces are full of sympathizers for both the rebels and ISIS. Anything the Russians do ISIS will know almost right away. This is not going to be pleasant for the Russian's.

Do you have any proof of this? Do you have insider information within assads forces?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The question then becomes, how did ISIS, a terrorist organization which has yet to launch its own satellites into orbit, acquire such sensitive and important material?

Welcome to the internet. A person can go online a get pics of virtually anything now even area 51.

Lol. Nice try.

But there is no commercial or public available service that will give you satellite images of a Russian base that's been built up over the last few weeks.

If I'm wrong though tell us which service though gives you updated satellite Intel from within a fee days time frame. A service that IS wouldn't have trouble using.

It's a known fact the US and it's regional allies are training arming and funding IS.

And you're surprised that IS got their hands on up to date satellite Intel on a new Russian forward operating base in Syria?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

Assad's forces are full of sympathizers for both the rebels and ISIS. Anything the Russians do ISIS will know almost right away. This is not going to be pleasant for the Russian's.

Do you have any proof of this? Do you have insider information within assads forces?

He probably read it on some far fetched site with no credibility probably a blog on one of those free blog providers..so don't expect a source. At least not one with credibility.

And if it's a mainstream media site..it'll be quoting "anonymous" sources as usual. In other words, it's bs to paint a negative picture of the Russians in Syria. Because we all know the Russians will turn the desert sands a shade of red with the blood of the terrorists, and that's not exactly in the interests of American foreign policy in Syria.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Russian in Syria

CNN Russia in Syria

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Fixed it for you:
"Obama's White House is full of sympathizers for ISIS. Anything any opponent does ISIS will know almost right away. This is not going to be pleasant for Obama once this gets fully exposed, and it will"

So Obama who had a plan to take out Assad with the Free Syrian Army and the Kurds, then did what? Got Assad to let out radicals to cause trouble for the FSA who in the mean linked up with former comrades in Iraq and created ISIS who then avoided attacking Assad and double teamed the Rebels and the Kurd pushing them back and ruining their advance on Assad, only to then also attack Assad. Then Obama starts bombing ISIS? What kind of plan is that? ISIS pretty much screwed Obama's plans. Where would you get a silly idea like this at?

It's what happens when the conspiracy of b.ll.cks has to explain unfolding events in such a way it ends up it's own rear end.

What I find amazing is the a.n.other conspiracy that ISIS does not actual exist. So christ knows what the Russians are doing there. Testing the latest Occulus VR helmet maybe ? I'm sure the believers in that conspiracy will come up with some contrived BS to explain it......

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
Please change title to

Report: Russian Marines have now engaged U.S. - backed rebel fighters in direct combat...

Or Report Russian Marines have now engaged U.S. ~ backed ( Chetzian trained ) rebel fighters in direct combat..

Hmm, Kinda ups the anti abit.

Fox.
edit on 22 9 2015 by foxhound2459 because: Win 10 Beta clitch.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I don't normally go around insulting people, but there's a limit to my resistance to do so.

You are an idiot...!!

There, I said it.

US supplied weapons..?

Care to show me these US weapons in ISIL hands.?

Every ingle image I have ever seen of ISIL and any other "supposed US armed", terrorist group, they are all packing Russian surplus weapons, armour and equipment.

So sick and tired of morons aiming all blame for everything that bad that goes on in the world to some, secret US plan to take over the world...

Even sadder that many of the people bitching and making unsubstantiated claims about the US, mostly of which are just opinions and nothing more (or the odd Youtube video with some so-called expert sitting in his moms basement trying to pass off some insane rhetoric as fact with no supporting evidence), are in fact US citizens..!!!

Honestly, if I were with the US government, I'd start thinking about pulling some people off the streets and charging them with treason for publicly and relentlessly voicing such opinions about their own government (no matter which government is in power at the time)..

Or at least get them out of the way by committing them to a mental institute. People who done tinfoil hats and constantly voice negative opinions of any leadership (and I mean ANY, because as I said it does not matter what party or person is in power, they are all supposedly part of some plot), are obviously in great need of psychiatric treatment for delusional schizophrenia.

edit on 22-9-2015 by BobaFettish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Fixed it for you:
"Obama's White House is full of sympathizers for ISIS. Anything any opponent does ISIS will know almost right away. This is not going to be pleasant for Obama once this gets fully exposed, and it will"

Do you really think THIS is what will bring about the treason charges against Obama? I hope it will, but I have serious doubts.

I have a feeling there will be unforeseen consequences for the WH in regards to their meddling which has taken place over, well, half a century I guess. Ok, maybe not unforseen...but consequences none the less though.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobaFettish
a reply to: lightedhype

I don't normally go around insulting people, but there's a limit to my resistance to do so.

You are an idiot...!!

There, I said it.

US supplied weapons..?

Care to show me these US weapons in ISIL hands.?

Every ingle image I have ever seen of ISIL and any other "supposed US armed", terrorist group, they are all packing Russian surplus weapons, armour and equipment.

So sick and tired of morons aiming all blame for everything that bad that goes on in the world to some, secret US plan to take over the world...

Even sadder that many of the people bitching and making unsubstantiated claims about the US, mostly of which are just opinions and nothing more (or the odd Youtube video with some so-called expert sitting in his moms basement trying to pass off some insane rhetoric as fact with no supporting evidence), are in fact US citizens..!!!

Honestly, if I were with the US government, I'd start thinking about pulling some people off the streets and charging them with treason for publicly and relentlessly voicing such opinions about their own government (no matter which government is in power at the time)..

Or at least get them out of the way by committing them to a mental institute. People who done tinfoil hats and constantly voice negative opinions of any leadership (and I mean ANY, because as I said it does not matter what party or person is in power, they are all supposedly part of some plot), are obviously in great need of psychiatric treatment for delusional schizophrenia.

Really? Because they aren't packing M16's and instead AK47's it CAN'T be the Americans arming them?

Please, beef up on your history before you make an 'idiot' of yourself.

Ever hear of the Mujahedeen? Ever hear of US Senator Charlie Wilson? Ever wonder who gave them weapons in their fight against the USSR? If you guessed the USA, you're right! They even did all they could to channel these arms through the CIA's Clandestine Services. Making sure all weapons given to them could not be obviously tracked back to the US government. So instead of M16's, they went all over the globe buying up unused Russian weapon stockpiles in countries like Egypt, Pakistan and the like.

Ya know, you don't even have to read about this in history periodicals at your local university library... Hollywood even made a movie for you to watch about how insanely easy it seems to be for random elected officials to wage their own wars through covert means.

Also, concerning these images you see of ISIS and their equipment. Since when did the Russians have humvees and Abrams tanks?

edit on ndpamTue, 22 Sep 2015 08:40:41 -0500k1509America/Chicago2240 by Sparkymedic because: Uhhh, grammar

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BobaFettish

Cognitive dissonans.

You're a victim of this.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Of course there is:
Google .search of supposed Russian base

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BobaFettish
no need to insult anyone.
there were several reports of US cargo that was dropped for allies but fell right in the hands of IS.
what a bad coincidence...

and that's from MSM.

we would never hear about secret arms supply, of course, but it's also a fact that US cooperated with IS in the beginning of this mess.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

I haven't heard that they AREN'T cooperating with IS!

USA: uhhhh, we're bombing ISIL (or whatever they are called this week)...efforts are relentless but to little effect on the powerful IS forces. Our sophisticated airforces are seemingly no match for these guys!

ISIS/ISIL/Al Qaida/boogyman of the week: Hey, thanks for those weapons, we had a few more recruits fly in from the west and we need to get them into a position that they believe they are doing...something, which may or may not get them some virgins at the end of the day. Either way, they are great human shields! Thanks again USA buddy...I mean, mortal enemy.
edit on ndpamTue, 22 Sep 2015 09:26:59 -0500k1509America/Chicago2226 by Sparkymedic because: Speeeling

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join