It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Bigfoot ....?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorBloodworth

But that is my general issue with all "investigations" of the paranormal.
It is being led by modern day P.T. Barnum's.
Less interested in the science than the fame and fortune.
In the end it doesn't matter if they were wrong or right, they still got some attention and made a few bucks off it
It's a sad state of affairs, because obviously people are seeing something, and it should be investigated.
Goes for ufos as well.
People are seeing them, so it is absolutely a real phenomenon.
The question is WHAT is it that's being seen?
And if its all just a figment of their imagination, I would think a real scientist would be curious as to why THOUSANDS of people are hallucinating the same damn thing!
Of course, its easier to sit in your office and say its all bullshiz, and as far as I'm concerned, those "scientists" are as bad as the "investigators"... Worse actually, because they should be more wary about dismissing stuff, for reasons I posted earlier.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorBloodworth

In the end it doesn't matter if they were wrong or right, they still got some attention and made a few bucks off it
It's a sad state of affairs, because obviously people are seeing something, and it should be investigated.
Goes for ufos as well.
And if its all just a figment of their imagination, I would think a real scientist would be curious as to why THOUSANDS of people are hallucinating the same damn thing!
Of course, its easier to sit in your office and say its all bullshiz, and as far as I'm concerned, those "scientists" are as bad as the "investigators"... Worse actually, because they should be more wary about dismissing stuff, for reasons I posted earlier.

You should read The Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Goes for ufos as well.

There is a reason the Govt and Military doesnt want us to know exactly what Bigfoot is.
Hidden history, human giants from the past, ancient technical civilizations, UFOs etc. All sorts of history is convoluted.

The real scientific community wont be allowed by TPTB to formally participate in a scientific study of any of these hidden secrets until given the Okay.

There could be all sorts of reasons for keeping history hidden.

Two of them I think it could possibly be. Either there is still a hidden holdover high tech civilization from one of these ancient civilizations still on earth way advanced technologically than we are or this planet is extra dimensionally active but humans are just stuck here in this single dimension for lack of a better description and bigfoot somehow ties into these.

They are hiding history for a reason.

edit on 24-9-2015 by fishy6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: anton74

What's the premise?
I'm on the fence with Sagan.
He seemed to be talking out of both sides of his mouth, dismissing ufo's adamantly, but writing "fictional" novels about on the side...me thinks he was less than genuine in public about his opinion on the subject...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
All I can really say is that I would have to agree with Lloyd Pye, after all of the research I have done.

Pre-human Homo abilitus, erectus, and australopithecus look nothing like Cro-Magnum man, they looked exactly like what we would today describe as Bigfoot. Humans lived alongside them at a point. They never left. We are not them, we are something completely different.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: fishy6

I have a problem with that conclusion.
I have spent a great deal of time pondering why they would want to keep any of that hidden.
Advanced civilisation?
"Yeah, we know, we're aligned with them, they put us in charge, so do what we say or you're f**king doomed!!!!"
Giants?
"Yeah, the bible is 1000% true, god put us in charge, so do what we say or your ass is doooomed!!!!"
Aliens, Interdimensional what's its, etc..?
"Yeah, we know, we blah, blah..."
You get the idea...
All those things do is give them more control, so why hide it?
And if they aren't any.of those things, then it would stand to reason to say,
"Yeah, we know, and we are the only thing standing between you and...wait for it...
DOOOOM!!"
So, yeah..I fail to see any reason to hide it, other than they have no effing idea what's going on either.
Which makes more sense, cause government never admits they have no idea.
Ever.
Unless it absolves them of blame of course.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

What's the premise?
I'm on the fence with Sagan.
He seemed to be talking out of both sides of his mouth, dismissing ufo's adamantly, but writing "fictional" novels about on the side...me thinks he was less than genuine in public about his opinion on the subject...

He talks about the Phenomena you mention and how interpret what we see(from more of a skeptics perspective). Some of it is hallucinations or faulty memories but, we can't just dismiss everything because of that. He doesn't say we should stop looking in fact, we should be asking more questions. The book really makes you stop and think.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Sounds about what I feel like on these subjects.
I'm with a certain famous ufo researcher in that, yes, 95% is nonsense and/or explainable.
Who cares about that?
It's the other 5% that should give us pause.
And absolutely should be looked at intensley.
The whole open mind, but not so open your brain falls out, is a good start, unfortunately it has been co-opted by debunkers, who are lthe last group of chimos that should be telling anyone what to think.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I have a problem with that conclusion.
I have spent a great deal of time pondering why they would want to keep any of that hidden.
Advanced civilisation?
"Yeah, we know, we're aligned with them, they put us in charge, so do what we say or you're f**king doomed!!!!"
Giants?
"Yeah, the bible is 1000% true, god put us in charge, so do what we say or your ass is doooomed!!!!"
Aliens, Interdimensional what's its, etc..?
"Yeah, we know, we blah, blah..."
You get the idea...
All those things do is give them more control, so why hide it?
And if they aren't any.of those things, then it would stand to reason to say,
"Yeah, we know, and we are the only thing standing between you and...wait for it...
DOOOOM!!"
So, yeah..I fail to see any reason to hide it, other than they have no effing idea what's going on either.
Which makes more sense, cause government never admits they have no idea.
Ever.
Unless it absolves them of blame of course.

You dont think Government, religion and bureaucracy convolute history to manipulate the general public ??

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: roncoallstar
Loyd Pye raises some interesting points about the anatomy of our skeleton compared to other primates, and neanderthal in particular.
What it means is still something that needs more research obviously, but he does himself a disservice by equating it to anything supernatural or otherworldly.
First prove what your saying about the anomoly without any opinion on the cause, gain a "consensus" from your peers that indeed there is something worth looking at...then jump in the deep end with your crackpot self.
I'll use Sagan as an example..
If he came out shortly before he died and said that he believed we were being visited and it should be looked at more seriously, do, do think it would be ignored?
Not. Bloody. Likely.
Credibility first.
Crackpot second.

edit on 24-9-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: spelling

edit on 24-9-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: spelling again

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I absolutely do.
I pretty much said that.
It doesn't negate my reasoning as to why they would hide it.
It doesn't make any sense.
It does nothing to take away their power on any one of those possible scenarios.
I'm saying revealing it would give them even more power to manipulate us.
Do you really think the whole world would revolt against tptb if they dropped any one of those bombs on us?
Hell, 3/4's of America would be lining up for the rapture, or Armageddon, or wtf ever else religious nutbags hope for...
Seriously, if they could tell you that they were aligned with God and you must obey them that there would be uncontrollable chaos?
Not likely.
You already have sheriffs that claim their authority comes from God.
Asshole should be fired on the spot and locked up for being insane....but nope, he'll get reelected by a landslide next election.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Also, why hide bigfoot if they are remnants of biblical giants?
I don't believe in the Christian god as such, or any other deitys for that matter, but if it turned out that they were said giants, would it change my opinion?
Not at all.
Why would it?
Plenty of stuff in the bible is essentially true.
Plenty of stuff in Marvel Comics is true s well, but I don't believe in Superman either.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I'm saying revealing it would give them even more power to manipulate us.

No - Sorry - Dont Agree on that one at all.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It's funny to me that it isn't more obvious to more people. Perhaps it shouldn't surprise me as most people fail to give the subject much thought.

Someone who does the research with an open mind, deprogram themselves from conventional thinking, will be surprised big time...and the world will make sense.

Ladies and gentleman.....here it is!

We live in a fish tank...

Our entire world as perceived by us is controlled. There's a higher intelligence, society I believe controlling EVERYTHING.

How does this work? Well for one...people requiring proof on anything...since we live in a controlled environment, the controllers can control proof also. Let's give an example: Say Melba Ketchum really did sequence BF dna. Only thing the controllers must do is alter the results or even the samples! Turn BF flesh into bear flesh. Cause the computers to interpret the sample as bear meat. We would be none the wiser to it. Couldn't even....imagine such a thing.

I believe there's a society far more advanced than ours, who still control this planet. All the signs are there!

BF is a remnant from when they more overtly ruled this planet.

Almost forgot, I read a soldiers account of the Mt. Saint Helen Bigfoot experience and that added another piece to the puzzle. He states that while he was detailed along with other soldiers to ACCOMPANY a rescued bf in locating other injured bf. They searched caves by arriving at the entrance and the bf would make a call to see if there were an answer. There was a civilian with them as well. They did this at one cave and there was a reply. A wounded and dying bf emerged. The one bf was distraught as the other was beyond help. He/it signaled for the soldiers to shoot the hurt one. When it was over it grieved and THE CIVILIAN GUY SPOKE TO IT IN THE BF LANGUAGE AND CONSOLED IT!

That filled in the puzzle for me.

There's a party going on that most of us aren't invited too.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Have you read the book of Gilgamesh? Enkidu is described just like a bigfoot. So maybe they are simply another rare race that is afraid of mankind. Indians know about bigfoot. But it may be leftover Gigantopithicus that have survived to modern day. There are even reports of helicopter pilots in Vietnam that saw giant orangutans in trees in Vietnam.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Gigantopheticus could have captured a early human land-bridge migrant and tried to copiate with her. The genetic lineage is too wide to provide viable offspring.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Also I forgot to ask...what DNA sample are you referring to? Please provide your source for this information, as I am really interested.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
Have you read the book of Gilgamesh? Enkidu is described just like a bigfoot. So maybe they are simply another rare race that is afraid of mankind. Indians know about bigfoot. But it may be leftover Gigantopithicus that have survived to modern day. There are even reports of helicopter pilots in Vietnam that saw giant orangutans in trees in Vietnam.

I believe that most of the ancient legends are based on fact.

Also Beowulf and the Grendel.

Check out the illustration of Grendel by J.R. Skelton from Stories of Beowulf.
Grendel is described as "Very terrible to look upon."

Looks just like a bigfoot.

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Stories_of_beowulf_grendel.jpg

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40

Gigantopheticus could have captured a early human land-bridge migrant and tried to copiate with her. The genetic lineage is too wide to provide viable offspring.

There are American Indian stories of Bigfoot stealing Human Woman. IE the entire plot for King Kong.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40
Also I forgot to ask...what DNA sample are you referring to? Please provide your source for this information, as I am really interested.

I think she is a vet or something like that who runs a DNA lab.
Her name is Ketchum.
If you google "Ketchum bigfoot DNA" it will come up.

www.csicop.org...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join