It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Bigfoot ....?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Another interesting read...if its real...
www.bigfootencounters.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i've read bigfoots are the descendants of Cain, who killed his brother Abel in ancient time. He and his descendants were cursed to roam the Earth till Judgment Day.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorBloodworth
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum
Ok.
But have any of those assholes been in the bush?
Real bush?
Doubt. it.

What is the "Real Bush" 50 feet off of a groomed trail?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: fishy6

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
If we assume that Bigfoot is real, then IMO he is interdimensional. I think this can explain a lot of the Cryptid sightings around the world. However, there I go explaining one unknown with another unknown

I dont think it is interdemensional but it apparently possess some sort of telepathy that can cause some people to go into sort of a trance. Like a method of telepathic Camouflage.

Dogs, even aggressive breeds like pitbulls are deathly afraid having never seen a bigfoot and dogs can sense things humans cant so somethings going on.

The rocking they do might help create some sort of mental energy output.

Why should the whole bigfoot thing be treated with respect from real scientists if this is the case?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorBloodworth
Ok.
But have any of those assholes been in the bush?
Real bush?
Doubt. it.

They probably aren't kitted out in the correct camo gear or pack enough heat to find bigfoot lol.

Two of the greatest myths in bigfootery.

Bigfoot is only found in "the real bush" (it's most often reported in areas easily accessed/regularly frequented by people including urban and even industrial areas).

Only bigfooter believers go into the "real bush". No one else does. Too frightened lol.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fishy6

Except that study has been debunked, it was published in a "journal" which was specifically created for the purpose of publishing that article and only contained that article. That is not how peer reviewed journals work sorry. What is worse is she has not released the data for those of us who know how to look at the results and raw data. Why? That is akin to the accusations of cover ups. You would call foul of a Pharma company releasing a drug but not any of the data of side effects, and for good reason.

Now don't get me wrong I am willing to be open minded over the whole Bigfoot, Yeti, Sasquatch mythology. But it has to be done in a way that is open and honest.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The Charletons always screw everything up.
If Ketchum falsified the DNA results she should be sent to Siberia.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

She is in it for the fame. Her FB page advertises what looks like bad fiction she writes as well. As a neopagan, I see this # all the time, talk yourself up as a big spiritual guru then try and get people to buy your crappy books (usually "romance")

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Haskal Hart was originally very supportive of Ketchum and urged scientists to look at her claims carefully before giving opinion (seems very open to the likelihood that bigfoot exists, also). Which is what many of them have done. He spent quite some time going over this paper with Ketchum herself (as have others consulted her directly when considering it). In the end he concluded it was rubbish and Ketchum deluded. She won't consider any possibility of error, despite what genuine scientists are suggesting, because she thinks a (12' tall by one account) bigfoot visits her, so it must be legit. Not really how science is done.

Hart wrote his own paper based on her "data" (debunking her conclusions) and submitted it to "De Novo" seeking publication. Obviously he never heard back because it's a front, rather than a scientific journal.

Ironically her supporters claim Hart isn't qualified to do this. While this would be right to some extent (which he acknowledges- Ph.D Chemistry). It overlooks the people that are highly qualified that agree with him and that Ketchum's only academic qualifications allow her literally to be a horse doctor in at least one US state.

Her paper also gets a mention in Sykes study, where briefly explains why her experiment led to faulty conclusion.

The shagpile rug accompanying the paper submitted originally for review (before she withdrew it from publication), purporting to show a real bigfoot, isn't going to get too many scientists enthusiastic.

This paper has set the bigfoot research community more than a genuine hoax would have. Some high profile scientific journals were quite willing to publish, which could have given bigfooters some sorely needed credibility. In the end, her data has been interpreted quite differently by people who are experts in this area of science, none of the other claims in this this paper have ever been given genuine scrutiny.

edit on 24-9-2015 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

She is in it for the fame. Her FB page advertises what looks like bad fiction she writes as well. As a neopagan, I see this # all the time, talk yourself up as a big spiritual guru then try and get people to buy your crappy books (usually "romance")

LOL there are better ways to get famous.

Get into the headlines then make a sex tape via Paris or the Kardashians and if really creative then you make one with bigfoot.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Who says the woman wasn't raped by an alien creature, or abducted and impregnated? Big foot and the chupacabra are very similar. Who can not say the chupacabra were the aliens dogs who got loose and did not get back in the UFO? Maybe we were meant to be spied on, or kept in our place as to being afraid of nature? It is all speculation, until that day they catch one dead or alive and scientifically examine it, putting it on display at a natural history museum or a zoo. I am sure the explanation will be very interesting. Do those big foot caves lead down to an underwater alien base in the ocean or under a lake? This is all entertaining, except for those 411 books which are very scary about the missing.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Great thread, great post... not too many people go in depth about bigfoot. Thanks. I totally agree with your assessment.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
"Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch/Momo/Grassman/et al" are Lycanthropes - which is why there has never been a carcass found.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TSZodiac
"Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch/Momo/Grassman/et al" are Lycanthropes - which is why there has never been a carcass found.

It certainly is possible, and you have a good theory, but I disagree.
I think it is more possible that something more scientific is going on here. John Keel put forth the theory that such beings (and 14 events) occur due to a wormhole-like phenomenon that causes things to appear in our world, then exit after a span of time.
Personally, I think this is the most probable explanation, but truly, you could be far more right about your "Lycanthropes" theory. It is interesting to consider.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

There are a lot of claims in your post without any evidence sourced...DNA tests have been done? No they haven't...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Hate to break it to you, but the existence of some hairy like Apeman called Bigfoot is nothing but a hoax. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Well a PhD in chemistry is as good as a degree in Vetenary Science, when its Genomics you are doing
Mind you I am biased having a PhD in Chemistry (but also a postgraduate qualification in Bioinformatics, which Genomics is a sub discipline of, my research supervisor for that Bioinformatics work was a Statistician with zero biological background, yet he works in a Biochem department, publishes heavily etc). All this means is a properly trained scientist, working hard, can do good work outside their discipline. Ketchum wants fame, and will do shoddy work, and withhold data (the whole body of her genomics studies are NOT available, if they were I would have crunched some stuff myself, she did really rudimentary Bioinformatics work, as in undergrad level).

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yeah but she wants to be a famous Scientist. I mean who could doubt that when she publishes dubious fiction?
www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Well then, thread closed!
Why didn't you tell everyone thus years ago and save us all a lot of time and effort?
Could you be a peach and use your magnificent investigative powers to clear up the rest of life's mysteries for us, thanksss?

The three amigos are going to be real disappointed if you do, since there will no longer be a need for this forum.
edit on 24-9-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: more to say

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I'm immediately suspicious of any claims when there is a certain level of drama attached, and by certain level, I mean ANY.
If you have evidence, show it, allow peer review, and if you are suspicious of possible "contamination" due to questionable conduct by the lab, insist on recording the entire process in person so as not to break the chain of evidence.
If the lab refuses to agree to that, find another that will, and be sure to point out publicly that they did refuse.
I don't see why any reputable lab would have a problem with that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join