It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Defectors Reveal Disillusionment - 9/20/2015 NYTimes...Say What????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It's all so sad.

These men thought that the West was corrupt and e.g. women's freedoms were a perversion. Having run to an organisation (ISIS) that is violently corrupt and has been extraordinarily sexually perverted - the systematic rape of women and girls. One has to sympathise for the ignorance. Should not save them from legal repercussions if and when they get back home.

EDIT to add... In fact, most probably went out there because of the opportunity to treat women and girls badly. The fact that they will have known what ISIS was doing should not be forgotten.
edit on 21/9/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ohhh i feel just soooo sorrryyy that these "things" have came back because it was not as advertised. Yes they should suffer the penalty of spies according to geneva conventions and get summarily executed,and they should be livestreamed on youtube and done LIVE on national TV worldwide to show you exactly what happens when you join them.

A Example needs to be set and nothing better than public execution. Also they need to have diffrent executions for diffrent crimes. Hanging for rapist, shooting for murder,and electrocutions(with no hoods or water on th etop of their heads) For maximum shock and crispiness.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'll be honest I had to laugh when I first read about this. What were these people thinkin when joining ISIS? That they would be living the life of luxury? PAHAHAHAHA

It also makes me laugh especially when I hear families from my country (the UK) to go live in Syria with ISIS. I'm mean they have left a safe country where they lived in a house where their children can get an education and live it a relatively clean world. Yet they give it all up to travel to Syria expecting the same under ISIS. I mean .. WAKE THE F UP!!

Have they not seen the state of the country (Syria) they are travelling to?

I also couldn't work out what 3 school girls from the UK saw when they decided they want to go to Syria and marry a ISIS war Lord. Did they expect they would become princesses to these war lords LOL. No you're gonna get passed around the ISIS group as sex slaves

I also read (may of been ATS) that a French ISIS fighter wanted to come home because he couldn't charge his iPod Hahah unlucky you dumb idiot

I for one am not against them leaving, if they want to leave and join ISIS then when they fly out of their country their passports should be revoked and not allowed back. They are the ones who wanted to go they are the ones who should of thought about the way their life will change once they get there

Joined ISIS? Didn't like it? Then tough s*** ... Your decision deal with it ... F'ing idiots I couldn't give a damn how much you cry and how much you wanna come home

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sorry I had to

For those not from the UK, Butlins is a UK holiday resort we have a few dotted around the country. Mind you having stayed at a Butlins I think I'd rather go to Syria

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Radicalized people had screw loose to start with.

These young men are violent and pathological. Someone forgot to tell them 'You take you with you wherever you go'.

I hated Syria when I was there in 04. Absolutely thought it was the sewer of the middle east, which I love the rest of their neighboring countries
In Syria, the historical sites are amazing I am referring to the people.

Horrible, horrible humans. They all lived in fear of their neighbor 'dobbing them in' to the secret police so turned on each other at the first chance they got. Everyone I met bar one friend of a friend in Damascus were angry, unfriendly and aggressive. I never paint a culture with a wide brush, but I walked out of that country when I crossed into Lebanon at the border control to head to Balbek and flipped them the bird from my back window and said "I will never go back to that country"....

......which I did a few weeks later
to head up north to see Palmyra and Crac de chevalier then cross into Turkey. Flipped them the bird at the Turkish border too. Don't start me on Aleppo, at that time it was the child prostitution trafficking capitol of North Africa. You could feel the evil intent in the air and coming from the walls. Never experienced anything bad energetically before or again like I did in that city.

The sewer of Syria needs to be flushed the fanatics were attracted to the evil there methinks.

edit on 21-9-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

To be honest, I have absolutely no sympathy for these people -- they joined up to stand against everything human decency and freedom stands for.

However, I would like to see their stories of disillusionment used to help counter-act the radicalisation of others, but, I fear, that will just be painted as western propaganda against ISIS and have the opposite effect, sadly.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

or were disappointed that the life of a militant was far less exciting, or lucrative, than they had imagined. Two left after they found out that they had been selected as suicide bombers.

That is hilarious.....imagine turning up all bright eyed and bushy tailed for your new assignment,thinking of some sort of cool spy job.....

I am stunned these people thought they were joining isis for a humanitarian experience.....some really gullible people out there....or flat out liars......

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

To play devil's advocate for a brief moment, before resuming my disdain for all caught up in the ISIS/ISIL crapfest;

It is not a bad idea to have these whingeing whiny retards - send the message to other wannabe tards, as to how 'not so great' they found life among the dickheads.

Should we simply kill them - they would be martyred by the same mental deficients that are wanting to join up,
hastening their eagerness to do so.

I am not for a moment suggesting any type of sympathy for these dolts, merely a choice.

a) Non-cooperation - Life in maximum security prison in general population - with a guarantee of nightly visits by "Big Bubba" and his mates.

or

b) Co-operation - A safer prison farm where you will be given access to a more serene existence.

As things stand - these glory hunters will continue to flock to ISIS as they seem to hate the western civilisations that have nurtured them.

Should the negative feedback make them stop and think a little ( I know - limited mental capacities is the rule here )
they may realise that their homes are not so bad after all.

So yeah, lets hear from the dejected and deflated about their experiences ... from a jail of their choice.

Back to the loathing ...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Did these fools think they were heading on holiday?

I imagine many were leading empty, useless lives and signed up to live a cause. They thought it would be all glitz, glamour and marches and in the end, they'd get to settle the score with whomever put that giant chip on their failed little shoulders.

Then they got in and reality set in.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A terrorist mind is a criminal power hungry mind, no way that thousands of them together were going to be able to get together really quickly and coexist in a Koombahyah love in.

Choosing to go there to that environment is worse than choosing to go to a structured prison.
It is human nature to turn on each other if your mindset was to join a group functioning from aggression and hatred.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Sounds to me the only viable solution is to put them into counseling to convince them........to go BACK!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Apparently that is exactly what they thought....and that it would pay well and be exciting!

Join ISIS, travel the world, meet interesting people.....then kill them.

This made me chuckle. Then I felt guilty for chuckling. It is good enough to be a bumper sticker. Except it is so sadly true and depressing!

edit on 9/21/2015 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I imagine many were leading empty, useless lives and signed up to live a cause. They thought it would be all glitz, glamour and marches and in the end, they'd get to settle the score with whomever put that giant chip on their failed little shoulders.

Then they got in and reality set in.

They must have a different Internet than me. Everything I've ever read about ISIS on the Internet clearly indicated the opposite of glitz & glamour.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

"The fighter said he saw a couple being stoned to death for adultery, and considered that just, but he did not approve of aid workers, journalists and other noncombatants being beheaded."

BWAHAHAHA, now that.....is rich! So.....joining ISIS is kinda like signing up to work at the "Amusement Park of the Damned"!

"This, way, this way, Ahmed......to the stoning pit! Adulterers stoned to death at 1:00 PM, free....Peanuts, Popcorn, Cotton Candy and little Infidel Boys and Girls you can take back to barracks to have your way with! Special feature at 6:00 pm complete with music and balloons, Decapitation of the Infidels, all twelve. Get your front row seat tickets for sale at the......
Drowning Pool! Special showing of wretched Christians being drowned at 5:00 pm. Don't miss the big show at 8:00 pm when ISIS features "' Infidel Flambe", burning of Infidels swinging over napalm fire pit at the Big Tent of the Damned"! (cue Sharia Circus Music).

I can hardly wait till even we can see this stuff..................in DETROIT!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

And of course we can you imagine the message that would send to ISIS.......for future exploitation?

This sends a better message.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
IS gave them promises, same they are doing with these young women who fall for it. Some kind of romanticism against the Western world, with added benefits, such as protection, money,etc. It's brainwashing. A lot of it comes from social media if not in the locality to run into recruits.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I don't see any point in trying to understand these individuals minds because they are so different from all that Western culture - we hope - stands for. Like it or not we aim to send out a professionally trained army which can tell the difference between civilian and antagonist. We know during fighting mistakes happen - but they are not the deliberate murders and heinous crimes ISIS followers carry out.

These civilians went out knowing they would be given guns to murder men, women and especially children. Only pure evil motivates them.

How does a civilised human being relate to these actions? We don't its so culturally different that these people might as well come from the deepest pit in space.

Because of their mentality that allows them to go and be prepared to carry out these actions, which most undoubtedly do, despite the wail of I was only a cook etc, no one can honestly guarantee they won't be a threat even after extensive rehabilitation returning back into our society.

So basically they need to be put into their idealised islamified state and the walls built so high they stay there. Unless of course we all want suicide bombers and murders for ideology back within our streets and living near our homes.

Its actually not a joke about these westernised little cowards who flee because they don't want to be suicide bombers la la!, flee because they are OK killing others, just not themselves.

Its also not safe for us to feel sorry or forgiveness for these people because we know they are merely the pawns of religious beasts who got into their heads and past their humanity. We need to stop the supply for ISIS by stopping these beasts who generate them in Western countries. Every effort should be made to root out this evil and send them off out of our countries. We mustn't imprison them within the west because they will simply find a huge crop of people to proselytise to and recruit for ISIS or other equally despicable groups.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Ive a IDea to clear out ISIS in syria. Thi s might be radical but if we can get the russians and chinese and surrounding countries to agree we can drop a gamma radiation bomb in airburst mode. the radiation clears really quickly and leaves almost all buildings and places standing. Leaving the area a clean slate to start back over. This needs to happen after most civilians have fled though.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I agree with the no prisoners part. If they want to come back they should understand their only option is the death penalty.

That only encourages them to fight to the death. One of the standard tactics in war is to treat defectors well, it gives them an incentive to walk away from the fighting.

Ideally you pair the idea of a life of comfort for defecting with lots of suffering or death for continuing to fight.
edit on 22-9-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That was my initial thought, bait them into a group confession, so they can be tracked back to head honchos. Admitting you are ISIS solves 99% of our target acquisition program issues! Let's talk about it.

However I don't want any Isis members to enter, or stay in my country. I want them all locked up, if not hung, deported, or recycled for animal feed. Let's not overlook a key to defeating our enemy, though. Maybe the CIA should be dropping propaganda pamphlets to coax defectors. Its a tricky game to balance. Great article

top topics

<< 1   >>

join