It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Fiorina rockets to No. 2 behind Trump in GOP field

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Washington (CNN)Carly Fiorina shot into second place in the Republican presidential field on the heels of another strong debate performance, and Donald Trump has lost some support, a new national CNN/ORC poll shows.

The survey, conducted in the three days after 23 million people tuned in to Wednesday night's GOP debate on CNN, shows that Trump is still the party's front-runner with 24% support. That, though, is an 8 percentage point decrease from earlier in the month when a similar poll had him at 32%.

Fiorina ranks second with 15% support -- up from 3% in early September. She's just ahead of Ben Carson's 14%, though Carson's support has also declined from 19% in the previous poll.
edition.cnn.com...

Apparently the above doesn't mean much to oddsmakers and bettors as Jeb Bush still has the best chance of being the GOP's candidate according to them:

www.oddschecker.com...

I'm posting this to get ATS' opinion of Fiorina as I don't recall reading her name on this site before.

I find this whole thing to be exciting, who would have expected Trump and Fiorina to be #1 and #2 in the polls respectively at this point? Could anyone have predicted that?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I would agree with the trackers.

Whatever the polls say, there is zero chance of Trump, Carson or Fiorina getting the Republican nomination. However, Jeb has a good chance of getting it.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Fiorina's surge in the polls just goes to show how the media controls elections. They've been pushing her non-stop and she went from being a 1% nobody to #2. They even gave her preferential treatment and allowed her into the debates, even though she wasn't polling high enough to attend.

And then after the debates, all of the pundits called her the winner of the debate, even though anyone who's a free thinker at all could see did poorly.

It's a rouse to have a female on the GOP side to take on Hillary. When it gets that far though, and Carly's scandals at HP get reported on in the mainstream, Hillary will bury her.
edit on 21-9-2015 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

Whatever the polls say, there is zero chance of Trump, Carson or Fiorina getting the Republican nomination. However, Jeb has a good chance of getting it.

What are you basing that on? Vote rigging?

My understanding is that the argument for Bush still being the favorite is that people who support establishment candidates that drop out of the race will subsequently choose to support Bush. However, that's totally theoretical. Trying to predict such a thing is just a shot in the dark IMHO.

You're really talking about a massive conspiracy to claim, "there is zero chance of Trump, Carson or Fiorina getting the Republican nomination." Can you justify that statement with evidence?
edit on 21-9-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
One of my issues with her besides not voting or aligning with mainstream GOP notions, is her misleading presentation on marijuana:

For example;

Earlier this year, Fiorina called recreational and medical marijuana legalization "a very bad idea" in part because the issue "lands very personally" with her due to her daughter's death.

Which her daughter's death is not indicated to be the fault of marijuana but she ties all drugs into that.

At least she agrees with decriminalization as mentioned during the last debate.

At the debate on Wednesday night, Fiorina argued that "we do need criminal-justice reform" to cure "the highest incarceration rates in the world" that exist because "two-thirds of the people in our prisons are there for nonviolent offenses, mostly drug related."

"It's clearly not working," she said of mass incarceration over drug offenses.

Source

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
She's former spook. That's enough for me to not trust her. Being a California native I've seen her run before against turd sandwiches and lose. Count her out.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It's not so much 'zero' chance, but a very small chance; The Endorsement Primary

During the period known as the “invisible primary,” these “party elites” seek to coalesce around the candidates they find most acceptable as their party’s nominee. Over the past few decades, when these elites have reached a consensus on the best candidate, rank-and-file voters have usually followed.

This is why Bush is considered a 'leader,' even if the polls show otherwise.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Fiorina is a media push. Her 30k employee layoffs, will come back on her like Romney. Her merger with HP & Compaq was the result. The company under performed with no gains in HP's net income. The Compaq acquisition, was not as transformative as Fiorina and the board envisioned. So she was let go.

She was power Hungry and didn't want to turn the companies management to anyone. Micro-manager!(not a team player?) She, says she wont interfere with states that have legalized Cannabis, yet she don't support legalization.(and believe me, Legalization will be a factor) Like another poster stated, she blames Cannabis and her daughter, in some form or another, smoked Cannabis,(I'm sure) but I don't think Cannabis killed her?

She's a quick wind...Soon to blow by. And if, she did get the nod, Hillary unfortunately will get the W! and we cant have that.
Just my two cents.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Looking at early polling is nice and all, but keep in mind, it's still only 2015. Most of America hasn't started paying attention to the coming election yet. Most of the people paying attention are political junkies. So don't look too closely to any poll released yet. That's why the odds makers haven't shifted the odds around yet.

As you can see, Donald is already starting to slump in the polls after his initial surge. Sure he could alway recover as we go into 2016, but I wouldn't consider it a given. 2015 polling numbers are only good to flush out the unappealing candidates, not to declare front runners.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
At some point people will start to get serious about who they think can win the election and real campaigning will start. These early days tend to be more about name recognition and the flavor of the moment. Bush is pretty moderate, was a popular Governor in swing state but, seems to keep saying stupid stuff in particular in foreign affairs mostly because he does not want to be seen smacking hi s brother around in public. At some point he will have to if he wants a chance at the White House.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If you want big business to run the government, she's your candidate. She is use to answering to a board and stock holders. Employees (citizens) are just fodder.

We have to wait and see who the opinion news states should be president. The majority will vote that candidate.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

originally posted by: Moresby

What are you basing that on? Vote rigging?

My understanding is that the argument for Bush still being the favorite is that people who support establishment candidates that drop out of the race will subsequently choose to support Bush. However, that's totally theoretical. Trying to predict such a thing is just a shot in the dark IMHO.

You're really talking about a massive conspiracy to claim, "there is zero chance of Trump, Carson or Fiorina getting the Republican nomination." Can you justify that statement with evidence?

No conspiracy. If you've watched presidential primaries over the last forty years, you see how these things play out.

Party rank and file will flirt with people like this. But they never get the nomination. And they won't this time.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The GOP establishment and connected media are probably pushing her to bring Trump's numbers down, then when she has done that job as well as possible they will turn on her to get their preferred candidate(s) up in the polls. She has so much baggage that hotel porters won't even move it.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Same poll, if one drills down to issue based questions Trump runs away with it!

Who do think would best handle the economy and immigration?

Trump gets 47% on both questions.

A high majority of questions were of the "who do you view favorably" not who would you vote for.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

That's proverbial "hit nail on head" synopsis.

Since GOPe chosen one is in single digits they are flailing about trying to find primary vote splitters so their candidate can win with low percentage totals.

Strategy was to be used on Cruz, Walker type outsiders but GOPe never envisioned Trump, Trump has totally ruined their plans.

Now that Fiorina is not producing numbers (except this one poll) I expect Biden to get the push to run.

The PTB don't care about R or D so long as the winner has strings attached.

That right there is enough to keep me behind Trump even with foibles.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It is amusing that the first poll to show an impact from the CNN debate is a CNN poll.

Hmmm ...

top topics

join