It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins 'sensitive about being among the many fooled' re: Mohammed's alarm clock

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
I am curious how there are those saying that he built/created nothing, and yet at the same time say he built a detonation device. If he built nothing, and it was just a clock out of its case, then how did he build a detonation device?

Unless a clock in its case should just be considered a commercial detonation device.

What people are saying is that this kid didn't 'invent' anything, 'design' anything, or 'create' anything new.

He did disassemble a clock and place the guts in a case, and that is the same action taken to make an ordinary clock into a portable timed detonation device only lacking the explosive.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

No its not.

You've created your own little conspiracy on an assumption.

It proves nothing of what this kids intentions were.

What assumption? I speak only of the kid's ACTIONS, and use a factual description of the assembled device, to deduce logically my conclusions. No assumptions involved. You can't read the kid's mind and neither can I.

The kid didn't have an assignment to construct any project. Further, the kid was told by his shop teacher it looked suspicious, to put it away, and take it back home, but instead, he rejected the instructions of a school official, connected the battery and set the alarm to go off in the middle of a class.

Absolute PROOF of his intentions requires an investigation. And even then, his INTENTIONS can only be inferred by his ACTIONS. Logic dictates this, so you demanding absolute proof of the kid's intentions from some poster on a message board borders on insanity. However, this thread contains quite a bit of factual information that is more than enough to allege intentions in a court of law. That is ALL we can do as mortal humans. So I consider that statement (i.e. no proof of intentions) to lack serious logic, as it is at the same time true AND misleading.

However, his ACTIONS can be judged as illegal (hoax bomb), and his ACTIONS were not those of someone that was simply showing off their electronics skill, and it could be judged that his actions were instead intended to demonstrate that he could be a threat if he wanted to be. At a minimum we cannot have school kids disrupting classes by bringing in 'assemblies' that can be mistaken for dangerous objects. Treating this kid equal to others and disregarding religion, he is still entitled to an investigation, and should be subject to suspension or expulsion. That is the only way to treat him as equal as everyone else. Would you agree? If not, why not?

I have created no conspiracy here, the topic of the thread is that Richard Dawkins was duped by Obama's statements of this kid's advanced engineering skills, and then Dawkins found the actual evidence shows no such thing. You have yet to provide anything more than unsubstantiated assumptions about the kid's innocence, which are quite disproven thru the kid's own actions at the school, presented as facts. You need to present more than 'did so, did not' to disprove the premise of this thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

All of them, they just hate it when someone else that doesn't look like them get some kind of shine.

Since America is so racist against... everyone.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The boy brought a project he made to school.

He is not responsible for what happened after that.

The boy brought a hoax device to school, and fooled Obama, and fooled Richard Dawkins. Now Richard is upset that he stuck up for the boy, before finding out the truth.

The boy is totally responsible for his actions in assembling and bringing a hoax bomb device into a public school.

(is that topical???)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Did someone invite your family here? They have just as much right to live in this country as you do. Is it the fact that his family is Muslim that bothers you so much?

YES.
(to the last question)
(NO to the first question, as my ancestors came and were processed and screened and learned English and learned the Constitution, and earned their citizenship...and NO, not everyone has the right to be here)

Until leaders of Islam denounce their warmongering ideology, their mission to conquer other lands, their jihad against infidels, their lack of acceptance or tolerance of other religions, their suppression of free speech, their rejection of other sexual orientations, their degradation of women and treating them as slaves to the men, their abuse of children....then yes they should leave. Otherwise, Islam is not compatible with any other culture on Earth, as it exists not to COEXIST but to CONQUER.

Too much one-sided acceptance, too many COEXIST fools that believe just because they are kind and caring, that everyone will fall in line behind them....while ignoring those that will take advantage of their acceptance and destroy their way of life to make it like their own....taking positions to 'feel good about oneself' is ignoring reality of this world.

Does that bother you that some people are not willing to blindly ignore the obvious? That others are not as willing to open their arms to those that wish us and our lifestyle and our culture harm and destruction?

Too many ignored the obvious in this situation. I'm sure Richard Dawkins wanted to feel good and denounce what he saw at the surface to be a discriminatory act....I give him credit for NOT ignoring the obvious when it was thrust upon him.

What's your excuse?
edit on 22-9-2015 by lakesidepark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

it is not about what I believe it is about what is being reported.

No one talked about cool or not.

Like I said I did similar when a kid.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

it is not about what I believe it is about what is being reported.

Who is responsible for making this a media circus?

The kid?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Who is responsible for making this a media circus?

The kid?

The kid lit the fuse that sparked the media circus.

People in the media and otherwise, looking for any sign of Islamophobia that they can persecute, made it a media circus.

You were one of those as appears by opinions in this thread. Everyone that jumped on the 'innocent kid with a project persecuted because of his religion' bandwagon created the circus.

That is what happens when the obvious is ignored and an agenda is followed.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The kid did. He said he told his teacher he had invented a clock.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join