It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins 'sensitive about being among the many fooled' re: Mohammed's alarm clock

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Professor Richard Dawkins has come under fire after taking to twitter to express his skepticism over the Muslim schoolboys supposedly home made digital clock that led to his arrest and subsequent public outcry.

In a series of skeptical tweets, Dawkins seemed to backtrack and change his mind slightly. Eventually ending the the conversation with a retweet of Obama's tweets inviting Mohammed to the White House. But I personally don't think Dawkins changed his mind about this story. I think he realised how controversial this is and felt uncomfortable as it dawned how deeply he had just put his foot in it by speaking out, so instead made a more subtle point by simply retweeting Barak Obama's tweet, enough to satisfy the trolls, but succeeding to make a more subtle and powerful thought.
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
Professor Richard Dawkins has come under fire after taking to twitter to express his skepticism over the Muslim schoolboys supposedly home made digital clock that led to his arrest and subsequent public outcry.

In a series of skeptical tweets, Dawkins seemed to backtrack and change his mind slightly. Eventually ending the the conversation with a retweet of Obama's tweets inviting Mohammed to the White House. But I personally don't think Dawkins changed his mind about this story. I think he realised how controversial this is and felt uncomfortable as it dawned how deeply he had just put his foot in it by speaking out, so instead made a more subtle point by simply retweeting Barak Obama's tweet, enough to satisfy the trolls, but succeeding to make a more subtle and powerful thought.
www.theguardian.com...

Except that Dawkins was RIGHT!
The kid IS a liar
He invented NOTHING
www.youtube.com...

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Anyone that has constructed or even cobbled together an electronic device can see the truth.

This was NOTHING MORE than taking an alarm clock (by itself a very capable timer-activated detonation device, the 9V battery being the power source) and removing the guts and mounting the display to the lid of a briefcase. There was nothing assembled, nothing soldered, nothing educated required beyond what it takes to assemble a LEGO toy. All that was left was to attach two wires to the buzzer, tie them to a blasting cap, add explosive, set time, and wait for BOOM!

This is no demonstration of creativity in the inventive sense, and that this kid called this his 'invention' is nothing but a bald-faced LIE.

Therefore, what motive did this Muslim kid have to assemble something, that if found in Iraq would be called an IED minus the blasting cap and explosive, and take it to school?

The kid should not be celebrated, he should be EXPELLED and arrested (again).

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

I guess you didn't read my thread of a couple of hours ago?

"Hoax Exposed: Muslim Student Ahmed Mohamed’s ‘Briefcase Clock’ is 1980s Digital Alarm Clock"

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
taking an old clocks innards and putting them in a pencil box does not an inventor make. Or I would have been one at 11 when I did the same thing in 1970.

I also rehoused a transistor am/fm radio in a cracker jack box in 1970 as well

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I read, but I thought this deserved a thread of its own as Dawkins really put his foot in it... And the way he backtracked was poignant imo

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

taking an old clocks innards and putting them in a pencil box does not an inventor make.

Did the boy claim he invented something?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

IMO there is more to this story than meets the eye...

The way Hilary Clinton and the President reached out almost immediately after the story broke is a bit of a smoking gun imo.. Almost felt choreographed...

To what end? Social Conditioning most likely. But this illustrates how empty their souls are if indeed it has been a hoax from the very top.

Apologies for the very poorly worded thread. Perhaps I should explain what I was on about.

The retweet was how Dawkins let the conversation. But to me it says a lot more than the sentiment expressed in the original tweet. It asks a question. That question is, how did this hoax end up in the highest office in the lad, so quickly? Perhaps Dawkins smells a conspiracy.
edit on 20-9-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

who cares about truth anymore? Just another piece of dust in the wind.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

His father, twice-candidate for the President of Sudan.....and a lot of questionable past...his uncle, runs a trucking company named "Twin Towers Transportation"...

Why is this kid and his family even here???

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

You mean here as in on our news feeds?

Good question...

If you mean America , I don't know im British, but I would guess perhaps because he was born there.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

the news story I watched said he was a young inventor who invented a clock, he housed in a pencil box.

So pretty much somewhere along the line he was said to be an inventor by someone and it made it to the news.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

So pretty much somewhere along the line he was said to be an inventor by someone and it made it to the news.

So you believe everything from the media?

Who said he "invented" the clock? I assembled a lot of electronic kits when I was a kid (an analog computer was probably the coolest). I didn't invent any of them. Did that make it less cool?

edit on 9/20/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakesidepark

His father, twice-candidate for the President of Sudan.....and a lot of questionable past...his uncle, runs a trucking company named "Twin Towers Transportation"...

Why is this kid and his family even here???

Did someone invite your family here? They have just as much right to live in this country as you do. Is it the fact that his family is Muslim that bothers you so much?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

"Invention" just might be his word for "creation"

“This isn’t my first invention and it won’t be my last invention,” Ahmed Mohamed, 14, said today on “Good Morning America” from his home in Irving, Texas. Source

Here's another video of Ahmed talking about his creations...

edit on 20-9-2015 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

“This isn’t my first invention and it won’t be my last invention,”

Not sure of the context of that quote. There seemed to be some editing of the clip.
www.facebook.com...

But if he did indeed claim the clock as an invention, he was mistaken. He did not invent the clock.

edit on 9/20/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Clintons tweet:

"Stay curious Mohammad"....

Stay curious? Did Hilary know the truth before the rest of us about this so called invention?

Inventors arent curious they're inginuitive. No?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Inventors arent curious they're inginuitive. No?

They are indeed curious about the way things work
I don't know what that other word is.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
"Invent" or "create", it doesn't matter. It's called a facsimile bomb in the laws of my state.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

It's called a facsimile bomb in the laws of my state.

Can you cite those laws, please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join