It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS/isil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Is it just me or does this following quote put the nail in the coffin kind of/ sort of"Seventy-five new fighters trained in a camp near the Turkish capital entered Aleppo province between Friday night and Saturday morning," said Rami Abdel Rahman, head of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

Hassan Mustafa, spokesman for the "Division 30" unit to which some of the rebels were deployed, confirmed to AFP that the group had entered Syria.

"Their training in Turkey lasted two months and they went directly to the front lines with Daesh. They are now in the town of Tal Rifaat," Mustafa said via the Internet.

- Under coalition air cover -

According to Abdel Rahman, the group entered in a convoy of a dozen cars with light weapons and ammunition, under air cover from the US-led coalition.

Notice the part where they (our gov.) do not care that our weapons are going to "daesh"/" ISIS". Basically they are training/helping them??? I think at this point if we hate ISIS and/or al queada we must hate our "leaders" in as much the same strength of hate. Traitors and liars.
edit on 20/9/2015 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/9/2015 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
When the roads are open to ISIS convoys (even when we have A-10s on station begging for clearance to fire) you don't have to look any further to realize what is actually going on. This whole thing has been about toppling Assad ... Regardless of who says what and how many are killed... ISIS takes over sooner or later and presto they don't play the game there is a new war to be fought and money to be made..
edit on 20-9-2015 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
When the roads are open to ISIS convoys you don't have to look any further to realize what is actually going on. This whole thing has been about toppling Assad ... Regardless of who says what and how many are killed... ISIS takes over sooner or later and presto they don't play the game there is a new war to be fought and money to be made..

No wonder the republican candidates are beating the drums so loudly on the campaign trail...

"War is good for the state."

Just ask all the people *cough* who made money from the last one.

ETA:

For those who don't get it, the quotation is a paraphrase of Howard Zinn.
edit on 20-9-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

Is this what your talking about ?

A group of 75 fighters, recently trained by U.S. and coalition forces in Turkey, have entered northern Syria to join the fight against the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), a monitoring group reported on Sunday.

"Seventy-five new fighters trained in a camp near the Turkish capital entered Aleppo province between Friday night and Saturday morning," Rami Abdel Rahman, director of the Syrian Observatory, told Al Jazeera.

america.aljazeera.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That's one of the few stars I've ever given you in a political thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think I might have misunderstood the word "with" as it's base meaning of contemporary instead of "against." Sry for this thread everyone.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

When the roads are open to ISIS convoys (even when we have A-10s on station begging for clearance to fire) you don't have to look any further to realize what is actually going on. This whole thing has been about toppling Assad ... Regardless of who says what and how many are killed... ISIS takes over sooner or later and presto they don't play the game there is a new war to be fought and money to be made..
I agree with u though still. there is more to this war than what meets our eyes and ears.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

This its quite obvious since 2 years at least.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01
Notice the part where they (our gov.) do not care that our weapons are going to "daesh"/" ISIS". Basically they are training/helping them??? I think at this point if we hate ISIS and/or al queada we must hate our "leaders" in as much the same strength of hate. Traitors and liars.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend is an ancient proverb which suggests that two opposing parties can or should work together against a common enemy.

The earliest known expression of this concept is found in a Sanskrit treatise on statecraft dating to around the 4th century BC, while the first recorded use of the current English version came in 1884. Some suggest that the proverb is of Arabic origin.

link

new topics

top topics

join