It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man 'to be crucified after he was arrested as a teenager for protest and firearms offences'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I wouldn't label them right winged these are left winged theocracys

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
ISIS is horrible. They do things like behead and crucify people who challenge their rule. Saudi Arabia beheads and crucifies people for the same reason and yet because they're in bed with the Western neoliberal establishment, they're not denounced for doing the same thing.

Welcome to far right-wing theocracies.

Here's a good article from "Reporters Without Borders" on why.

How Saudi Arabia manipulates foreign media outlets

Here are a few gems from the article:

Whenever it serves its interests, Saudi Arabia channels funds to media organizations all over the world, from the United Kingdom to Iran and Senegal. The funding usually takes the form of outright donations or thousands of subscriptions.

In 2011, for example, the Saudi embassy in London suggested funding Wesal Farsi TV (now called Tawhid), a London-based, Persian-language TV station owned by a Sunni Iranian citizen opposed to his country’s government. In return for monthly funding and allowing Saudi Arabia to appoint a representative to its board of governors, the TV station would respond to Iranian media criticism of Saudi Arabia.

Another method used by the government is to counter-attack or sanction in response to damaging media reports. This is what happened to the London-based Financial Times newspaper. It had to withdraw its correspondent and close its Riyadh bureau for publishing “lies” about Saudi Arabia. The Saudi authorities even considered legal proceedings if the newspaper did not issue an apology and undertake to cover Saudi Arabia in a “neutral” and “objective” manner.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

LOL Saudi Arabia is one of the most conservative, right wing places you'll ever find. Their idea of being "progressive" is to debate whether or not women should be allowed to drive.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

LOL Saudi Arabia is one of the most conservative, right wing places you'll ever find. Their idea of being "progressive" is to debate whether or not women should be allowed to drive.

Apparently they can't even have bank accounts or go on a holiday to another country without a written permission by her husband. How can such a retarded and backward country still be in bed with Western governments who always seem to moan about human rights?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

Apparently they can't even have bank accounts or go on a holiday to another country without a written permission by her husband. How can such a retarded and backward country still be in bed with Western governments who always seem to moan about human rights?

Never underestimate the power of the petrodollar. The GCC's member nations will continue to get away with every atrocity imaginable, as long as they continue to purchase Western weapons, continue to invest in the West, and continue to support Western central banks.

And yeah, the situation for most of the women there is absolutely horrible. There's also the "Kafala" virtual slave system, which I hate w/a blind passion, and the Saudi govt's constant destruction of historical sites in Mecca. Many of the Saudi people are good people, but I have no love whatsoever for their upper class, bureaucrats, or many parts of their Wahhabi culture as a whole.

But for the record, the West doesn't really give a crap about human rights either. They only care about "human rights" when they can use them for leverage.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Hmm haven't the USA et al gone to war for countries that have done less? Pretty sure too the democratic West have replaced leaders for similar too
Just checked....yup sure have

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013
For clarification the crucifixion involves the beheading of the accused before the body is displayed on the cross or similar structure.

Makes sense. It would be rather awkward if the guy rose again on the third day. Beheading reduces the chances of that happening...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

But for the record, the West doesn't really give a crap about human rights either. They only care about "human rights" when they can use them for leverage.

Well said because as Mr Peppa said... Hypocrite a talk.

Have oil do what we say or at least make pretend in public so that you are kinda kool with us while you undermine us in private.
edit on 21-9-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
oops

edit on 21-9-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: Tindalos2013
For clarification the crucifixion involves the beheading of the accused before the body is displayed on the cross or similar structure.

Well, that's mighty kind of them.
Good to know we're dealing with compassionate folks.

I think they behead them just incase they are able to be resurrected and do so to prevent that from ever happenning again.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Exactly. We can't claim we care about human rights while ignoring the rights of the people we constantly bomb & invade.

It took me a while, but I finally understand what Bush meant when he said "They hate us for our freedoms." He was absolutely right, but not in the way people think. Victims around the world hate our powerbrokers because of their freedom to pillage & destroy any place they want with absolute impunity.

We can drone strike weddings & funerals with no repercussions. We can crash the global economy with no repercussions. We can even launch illegal wars, coups, and torture programs with no repercussions whatsoever.

Every now & then, some small "pawn" will be sacrificed in order to give the illusion of justice. But everyone knows the people in charge will never face justice. The fact that Henry Kissinger is still walking around as a free man is proof of this.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

remember in this world things are opposites

The US freedoms held by conservatives are very liberal to the Saudis. But that does not mean they are right wing conservatives on the same par with the right wing conservatives of the US. that is where much confusion lay.

US conservatives are not the same a Saudi Arabian and any other Middle Eastern Conservatives.

ME Islamic fundamentalists are not the same as US Christian fundamentalists.

edit on 23-9-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

remember in this world things are opposites

The US freedoms held by conservatives are very liberal to the Saudis. But that does not mean they are right wing conservatives on the same par with the right wing conservatives of the US. that is where much confusion lay.

US conservatives are not the same a Saudi Arabian and any other Middle Eastern Conservatives.

I tend to agree with your post with the exception of this part
I believe they are the same the exception one have to put up with a lil thing called the U.S constitution and the supposed separation of church and state, for if ever they managed to get their way with no push back they would proved to be every bit as nasty, you should listen to what some of the talking heads have to say if they had the power.

A Christian pastor in Arizona is publicly calling for gays to be stoned to death, and is angry that other pastors are not following God’s command “to kill the gays.”
In a recent sermon Pastor David Berzins of Word of Truth Baptist Church condemned all those who would refuse to endorse God’s call to kill the gays. In particular, Berzins was angry with a fellow pastor who had refused to endorse far-right pastor Steven Anderson’s call for death to LGBT people.
Bezrin and Anderson both argue that Christians should follow God’s command, as stated in Deuteronomy, that gays be put to death.
- See more at: www.patheos.com... f

The former president of Bob Jones University, one of the nation’s bastions of Christian fundamentalism, has apologized for comments he made in 1980 that gays and lesbians should be stoned to death.
www.religionnews.com...

Not to mention making Christianity a state religion, don't play with those people man they are serious about the above and much more.
edit on 24-9-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I am a Christian and I do not think gays should be stoned.

the nut in Arizona does not even know what he is saying. he is a fool. But here is what Paul said about those like him.

1 Timothy 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Horrible place. If we can't stop our reliance on oil for the good of the planet, at least we should find energy alternatives in order to send these Medieval barbarians broke.
edit on 25-9-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I am a Christian and I do not think gays should be stoned.

the nut in Arizona does not even know what he is saying. he is a fool. But here is what Paul said about those like him.

1 Timothy 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

But the difference between U and him Chester is U are not a... NUT!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

If the guy knew then he would never had said it.

Those rules of stoning those whom were gay amongst the Jews was for those of the Jews only. they were never told to stone Gentiles who were gay.

that is what happens when someone takes something written for another and then want to try and obey it for them selves, it is called a false teaching.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Nothing to see here folks, just the religion of peace at work in the most successful, liberal and rich Muslim country.

This is happening in the arguably the most modern, liberal, and richest Muslim country in the world. Compare this to the most modern, liberal and richest "Christian" (more like Christian majority, unlike the Muslim theocracy, but for arguments sake. . . . .) country, which I suspect is one of the northern European Countries.

This speaks volumes as to what Islam is truly like.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Hence, when compared to the rest of the Muslim world, Saudi Arabia is about as Liberal as they get, and attrocities like this are still commonplace.

Can't use the same rubric for a western country and apply it to a middle eastern country, it's apples to oranges. This is about as Liberal as Muslims get, he got a trial and a 'chance' to 'defend' himself. vs. another Muslim country where he probably would have been shot on the spot, or captured and headless by dusk.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

Hence, when compared to the rest of the Muslim world, Saudi Arabia is about as Liberal as they get, and attrocities like this are still commonplace.

Can't use the same rubric for a western country and apply it to a middle eastern country, it's apples to oranges. This is about as Liberal as Muslims get, he got a trial and a 'chance' to 'defend' himself. vs. another Muslim country where he probably would have been shot on the spot, or captured and headless by dusk.

No ti's not matter of fact Senegal which is like 90% muslim had a president who was Christian and his wife a french woman he was elected by the people, alcohol and churches can be found the people down for whatever, but wahhabism is the cancer that plague the Saudis and spread to other areas of the world because of their terrorism and monied influence.
The same could happen in the west if good folks do not remain vigilant fundies of any kind will fk things up for the rest of us ..so be warned.

edit on 27-9-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join