It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy Missile Instructor confirms FLAT EARTH - SW21

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I love when supporters of the flat earth crap use their excuse of ohh the other guys are indoctrinated and brainwashed herpaderb....

Yet the only information they can offer is regurgitated from others who have promoted this crap, almost like a pundit on a cable news show with their talking points. They dont actually know what their saying just that they have read certain points over and over.

I know you guys use to have a hayday on the net able to spew crap without anyone ever to call their hand, sorry the 90s and early 00s, also known as the golden garbage era of the internet is over, sadly too many ppl use the net now for this theory to hide safely and be circulated amongst like-minded-conspiracy-nuts.

But yeah I know I'm indoctrinated mind controlled idiot so ignore my post and continue with your own brand of not coping with reality.

Why not use gofundme and prove the rounders wrong? Oh wait cuz it would reach a conclusion right?

(post by VashTheStampede removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Smile.. Not as much as the those who believe the round earth crap supporters. Why fight it so much, have you no humor, do you hate people who think differently than you so much you're willing to stamp them with stigma's? What a dolt.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

But yeah I know I'm indoctrinated mind controlled idiot

Kudos for taking the first step

Now pick out several utube fe vids and put on shuffle for a couple weeks and pretty soon you will be living on the flat earth

(post by awareness10 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Due to centuries of convincing mankind that the earth is a globe, the study of the earth being flat is in it's infancy, and there are many, many unknowns. Rob Skiba has some ideas about moon phases and eclipses.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
dp
edit on 20152015-09-20T15:33:03-05:002015-09-20T15:33:03-05:00Sun, 20 Sep 2015 15:33:03 -0500America/Chicago0330 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Here's an idea, Let others think outside the Box, and you continue to think inside it without insulting the rest of your fellow humans.

What if 'The Box' is spherical, and not really a box?

Hmmm....

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Cute..

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What if Reality as we know it is a subliminal suggestion conjouring up this fake reality?

hmmm

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I know you have been here long enough to understand how this works. We are here to deny ignorance not ignore and ridicule. That itself breeds ignorance. A thread like this is LOL (straight up called a lie) or a hoax in less time than it takes to watch even a portion of the information. What happened to taking the information in before saying it is false or a lie?

Maybe it is false, what if it has one simple point that makes you scratch your head, and then go out and seek more information and explore your world yourself using your brain as it is designed, exercising it. Taking the time to explore is somehow a bad thing? How sad It must be to know everything.

Now I shall pull a B-Rabbit... Soon someone will come in and say I am one of those crazy FlatEarthers too and that is all, just avoiding the actual information. If you look at my post history you will not find me saying I believe the Earth is Flat. You will find me saying that people that believe in the spinning ball are no different than the flat earthers. That it is all based on belief as you cannot prove it for yourself unless you can go have a look for yourself it is that simple.

You either believe this or you believe that and there are Maths that seem to work out for both views. Why is only one ridiculed? Taboo? Some people believe in a spinning ball that is actually a hologram on the edge of a black hole, and they get a check and time on the Science Channel...

If I am wrong for having an open mind and exploring all sides of the story then so be it. At least I know that I am basing my belief considering all of the information I can find. Call me Undecided.

As far as the video goes at 50 nautical miles the drop is around 1600ft. How can a pencil thin beam curve 1600ft staying exactly the same distance above the surface of the ocean for 50 Nautical Miles? This is assuming calm waters.

The optics deal with straight lines and the computer firing Control System was adapted (with no major changes) from a Tank based System that calculates inputs based on a Plane. Not Airplane, Plane as in flat surface.
edit on 20-9-2015 by wastedown because: grammar nazi evasion

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Could any of the people who propose a flat Earth give the dimensions please? I suppose the circumference would be the same as measured but what about the width?

Does the Earth's magnetic field exist from a hitherto unexplained force of nature? Or is there still a metallic nucleus spinning somewhere?

Is there something that allows gravity to obey an inverse square law whilst, at the same time, having vastly different quantities of mass in relation to the direction travelled from the centre of said mass?

These things trouble me.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It seems to me that the people that seem to be the most educated and smartest around us have all accepted boundaries that the rest have not. For them those boundaries have taken from them the most valuable thing we humans have and that is mystery. For myself and some others anything is possible but there exist a system we call knowledge and that system is successful in building mental boundaries. For those people the earth will always remain round just the way they like it.

(post by VashTheStampede removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If one were trying to cover up flat earth theory then it would be necessary to invade the thought space of any one who may try to think outside the box. The best tools would be quick ridicule and dismissal of any attempts to show others any info brought forth.

check

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
If one were trying to cover up flat earth theory then it would be necessary to invade the thought space of any one who may try to think outside the box. The best tools would be quick ridicule and dismissal of any attempts to show others any info brought forth.

check

A theory without any facts to support it is bunk.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If I were one of those space tourism entrepreneurs, the very first person I would invite, free of charge, onto my first space flight would be a head honcho of the flat Earth theory. Hell, maybe a whole group of the highest and mightiest.

Would they accept such a flight? Probably not, but even if they did we would likely get the whole "it was projected onto the windows" argument. So then...out of the airlocks!!!

edit on 20-9-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampedeWhy are you so angry? Are you feeling threatened? Is the walls of your so called 'settled science' getting cracks and are on the verge of tumbling down? If you are so secure in your beliefs of the earth being a globe, why do you keep hanging around here? Why not just have a chuckle, and move on? Challenge yourself. Look at this from the outside. I dare you! You can start with Mark Sargents video series called Flat Earth Clues.
There are 16 short videos in the series. If Videos aren't your cup of tea, how about a pdf copy of "Zetetic Cosmogony: or Conclusive Evidence that the World is NOT a spinning Globe, but a Stationary Plane Circle" cira 1899. You can download it here

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

Well, he says we don't see the constellations move.

Which is a crock of hooey as any amateur astronomer person with the ability to look up will tell you that the positon of constellations and planets change position in the sky on a seasonal basis as we orbit the sun.

If the guy really is is Ex-US Navy, then this explains why he is Ex.

As a former sailor, he would be familar with the use of a sextant and compass and the basic theory of navigating from star positions using sky maps, which also show the changing positions of constellations as you travel the globe, and the difference constellations visible in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

I would also hope he is also familiar with the fact that most ships use GPS positioning, and that most hi-tech weapons systems rely on GPS, and the use of Over the Horizon Radars that bounce off the ionosphere.

So, I'd say that if he's claiming the earth is flat, he's not Ex-Navy at all.

I'd also say the video is a crock.

(post by awareness10 removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join