It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The right’s Planned Parenthood trap: Manufactured controversies, pliant Democrats...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
No one is trying to "defund" the Democratic party.

What "Democratic" party is that?

Both Democrat and Republican parties are "Democratic"... in theory at least.

The Democrats have leeched on to the adjective "democratic" so they appear to be something they aren't, which by definition would be representative of peoples' choice, and they're not, and they depend on the inability of people to fully understand and comprehend the US English vernacular to strengthen their position; yes, they prey on the weak minded.

edit on 20-9-2015 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
Every abortion has two victims, the death of the baby and the wounding of the mother.

I always find it interesting that as long as the baby isn't born yet there is always so many kind words about it and the mother. But once born they're treated like a disease and left to fend for themselves without anyone giving a damn anymore.

You wrote this back in April and it makes a good example of what I mean.

I wished we lived on a planet where we saw the children as are most precious resource and we went to great lengths to make sure everything was prepared for their arrival. A child should have a well maintained home on arrival, there should never be a question whether the child should go hungry. The child should have access to unlimited amounts of education and learning materials, included in that an education fund already set up before the child is conceived. Sadly this is not the case, children are usually an unplanned inconvenience that are born to selfish people who can barely manage their own state of affairs with the attitude the government should pick up the slack because I could not control my hormones. Until this mindset is done away with the human race will keep breeding undesirables.
post by:Enochstask

Yes, those selfish people who can't manage their own lives that the rest of us have to take care of because they can't control thier hormones. Damn undesirables!!!

What happened to all that love now???

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
But the state making those personal choices is AOK!

God forbid the state telling a woman not to kill her child.

Well now that would be UNACCEPTABLE.

It's not the State telling her what to do. It's a bunch of opinionated individuals who are doing it. The state says it's her choice. So I don't think your comparison is valid in this case.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Here's just ONE of the big beefs about abortion.

“And one more misunderstanding I want to clear up -- under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.” - See more at: www.speaker.gov...

(CNSNews.com) - President Obama promised that under his health care plan, "no federal dollars will be used to fund abortion," but that's just another broken promise, according to a new report from the Government Accountability Office, which indicates that public funding of abortion is happening on a large scale.

“This confirms what we have long suspected,” Rep. Joe Pitts (R-Penn.) said in a conference call with reporters on Monday.

Pitts and other Republicans asked the GAO to find out which taxpayer-subsidized plans in the Obamacare exchanges fund abortion and if consumers know about that coverage.

The report concluded that in 2014, more than a thousand federally subsidized Obamacare policies paid for abortion on demand, sometimes unbeknownst to policyholders. And in five states, every plan offered on the exchanges included abortion on demand, giving consumers no alternative, as required by law.

www.cnsnews.com...

So we know our tax dollars are funding abortions and PP is most likely making money off of the procedures. Both are unacceptable. Have an abortion if you want. Don't use taxpayer funds for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Why is only what you want??? I'm a tax payer and I don't have a problem paying for abortions any more than I have a problem paying for any other procedure.

If you get to pick and choose why can't I???? Do I get to choose the things I don't want to pay for too??

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Now, to your questions. It's not an infant. It's still connected to the mother and when done properly isn't a developed human at all. Sure there are some late term abortions and that is more unfortunate but still it's not a developed human yet. We can argue all day about the morality but I'm not wasting my time with that. It all comes down to the fact that it's not your choice to make for others. So stop forcing yourself into other peoples lives. You hate it when others do it to you so stop doing it to other people. It's their choice. Let them do what they will with their lives. Focus on your life and stop with the double standards. If you want freedom of choice in life, which we all want, then be good enough to give it to others.

Freedom of choice for everyone except the unborn child...... screw them, quite literally eh? Never mind that premature babies, now thanks to modern medicine, survive and thrive quite often now. It's a dilemma that's for sure.

Even you seem to have some issues with late term abortions, why? You claim they aren't a human being,why should you care "when" they are aborted.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Freedom of choice for everyone except the unborn child...... screw them, quite literally eh? Never mind that premature babies, now thanks to modern medicine, survive and thrive quite often now. It's a dilemma that's for sure.

Even you seem to have some issues with late term abortions, why? You claim they aren't a human being,why should you care "when" they are aborted.

Show me a fetus that is capable of decision making and I'll listen. Otherwise your argument is void. Since they can't choose that responsibility then goes to the mother just like it does for every other child. It's her choice and she's the only who must live with that choice therefore I say let her make it.

Depending on how late it is they are starting to become humans at that point. But again whether or not I feel this way or that way about it isn't the issue. It's still not my decision to be making for someone else is it??? If it was my decision I wouldn't want anyone else making it for me or giving me trouble for whatever choice I make. If I make a bad choice, it's mine to deal with so let me make it.

That's another hypocritical thing that the "reformed" try and do. Almost every one of them in their life makes some bad choices. Then they find God and decide it's their duty to take away those choices from others. But that never works. We all have to make choices in our lives to learn about life. Both good and bad choices. You're taking away the ability for people to live and learn on their own.
edit on 20-9-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: openmind102

While watching Bill Maher the other night, I almost spit out my drink. In a surprisingly candid moment, GOP Pres candidate George Pataki said that of course the Clinton email investigation would go away if Hillary were no longer a candidate. IOW of course it's political BS and has nothing to do with "getting to the bottom" of anything. More party campaign shenanigans on the public dime.

And stuff like this and ACORN and now PP, all party shenanigans on the public dime. And the disinformation created for the gullible to hear and read, broadcast from their mainstream media and in emails forwarded to them from friends and family members as proof and truth.

I remember all the disinfo planted in the run up to the war in Iraq....Curveball, Ahmed Chalabi. Manufactured controversies and pliant Democrats then as now.

Manufactured controversies and disinformation that hide truth behind a wall of lies. And people believe the lies to be truth and then create more lies as "truth".

The great irony of the “defund the left” movement has been that at the same time that conservatives have attacked government subsidization of progressive groups, Republicans have bolstered the ability of conservative groups to draw strength from government coffers. The GOP’s attacks on the IRS’s scrutiny of Tea Party-affiliated 501(c)(4) groups largely has been an attempt by Republicans to provide conservative organizations with the type of taxpayer subsidization that the “defund the left” movement attempted to deny to progressive groups.

If you can't win fair, then lie and suppress votes. And it helps if your opponent gives in.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: openmind102

originally posted by: Metallicus
No one is trying to "defund" the Democratic party. Organizations receiving public funding are not part of the political parties nor are they supposed to be political in nature. Acorn was advocating breaking if not breaking the law and their funds were removed. As far as I know PP isn't doing anything illegal even if their actions are morally questionable. They are different situations and I doubt PP is in any danger of being defunded.

Google "defunding the left", and open your mind. Read the articles that explain that IT IS HAPPENING!

It happens, it's certainly one of the tactics on the left but you can also say it's only possible when those on the left screw up and create the opening. Planned Parenthood turns out to have not been doing anything wrong so they're going to be fine. ACORN actually was doing something wrong and they got nailed for it. It's really no different than those on the left who go after right wing radio personalities when they say the wrong thing on the radio. Each side has their group they like to attack, and each time it only works if those involved actually screwed up in the first place.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Pregnant women should be able to smoke and drink and do anything they want without society insulting them and dictating to them.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

in all fairness, obamacare was just one massive screw up when it came on line and there are probably many problems in the system still. I belief the abortion coverage thing was more of a misunderstanding between the gov't and the insurance companies really and well I am pretty sure that the issue of there being no alternative to insurance that didn't include abortions coverage was addressed.

It's not legal for taxdollars to pay for elective abortions and to be honest, I don't think that one screw up in the long, long line of screwups that occurred while obamacare was being implemented should be used as justification to defend planned parenthood.

remember, the gov't also gives various church and religious organizations gov't funding, heck they even let them discriminate to the point of only hiring christians, to help them accomplish their goals, like helping immigrants find housing and other needs, operate food banks, counseling services, and homeless shelters to name a few. it's also against the law for these groups to use that taxpayer money to teach and preach religion. that taxpayer money could just as easily be diverted into areas of operation that they are banned from using it for as it would be for planned parenthood and they more than likely aren't having their books opened as often by gov't auditors so intent on finding illegalities.
I would say that the accusation that planned parenthood is using taxpayer money for abortions has less validity than the accusation that these church organizations has.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
We will have to agree to disagree. Too bad none of the aborted ever get a chance to do that.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

It's not like they are human. The creatures growing inside a womans womb are just cells, apparently.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
We will have to agree to disagree. Too bad none of the aborted ever get a chance to do that.

I can already tell what a large part of the problem is right now. You think Pro-Choice is Pro-Abortion. Like I'm all "Yeay, let's go get some abortions b*tches!!" That's not it at all though.

You think it's just some easy decision or that the women that have them don't contemplate it seriously??? It's not an easy thing but sometimes it's needed. People have been aborting babies or self inducing miscarriages since they've been having babies for your information.

You're not going to stop it. All you're doing is pissing people off that are already in a tough spot. All because you want to take away a choice. One you've probably never had to face yourself which is even worse.

Here's 10 more reasons that prove it's not always better to be born.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: pavil

It's not like they are human. The creatures growing inside a womans womb are just cells, apparently.

In the early stages yep it sure is just a lump of cells. Not much less that you are now actually. The main difference is that you're conscious and self aware which they aren't. That's a major difference too.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

It was a poor attempt at sarcasm. I suppose I should work on that.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ahh. Yah, I sometimes have trouble reading sarcasm. They need a special font for sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Why is only what you want??? I'm a tax payer and I don't have a problem paying for abortions any more than I have a problem paying for any other procedure.

If you get to pick and choose why can't I???? Do I get to choose the things I don't want to pay for too??

Well, maybe they should put one of those questions on your tax filing forms:

Presidential Election Campaign

Check here if you, or your spouse if filing jointly, want $3 to go to this fund. Checking a box below will not change your tax or refund.

And mOjOm, let's be real. Abortion is threshold issue EVERY SINGLE ELECTION. The nation is divided about it aaaaand, OBAMA PROMISED NO FEDERAL FUNDS FOR ABORTION. FACT. So why go there? We're not talking about funding for education or housing the homeless etc. We're talking about yet another broken promise, and on a particularly sensitive issue.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
there is only a few circumstance where taxpayer money pays for abortions, like when the mother's health is at risk... even with the obama care, the gov't funds were subsidizing health insurance, not abortions. obamacare was a confusing mess when it was implemented, and yes, some of the insurance comapanies messed up and didn't follow the guidelines when it came to the coverage for abortions.

but, well outside of that mistake and the times when intervention is needed for the mother's health, just where is federal money being used for abortions...

and, the no federal funds was not a promise by obama, it is a law!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'm pro choice to a point. Don't want to have kids, fine. I don't have issues with birth control. Hell, I think healthcare should cover that. However once you concive, then it's different. Unless in medically necessary or rape/incest situations, abortion shouldn't be the prefered option.

Don't want to have kids, make sure you can't. Its pretty easy to do that nowadays. Unplanned pregnancies can be drastically reduced and prevented but once the seeds of a human germinate, who is anyone to say "you don't get to live" Who knows what great discoveries or leaders have vanished that way.

Maybe that clears things up. Probably not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join