It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Finally Understand Racism.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Me and a buddy of mine were talking that supposedly about white people have a less dominant gene pool then most other ethnicity. Now me and him are sort of an ethnically white, and he was saying that the only way someone can have a white baby, is with two white people. If a white person has a baby with any other ethnicity, Asian, African, Brown, Hispanic or Native, that baby will have prominent features of those ethnicites.

Now "supposedly", I guess, some stereotypical group of white probably thought they'd go extinct because of it, so maybe in their insecurities, came the fear of dying out, which is probably why ancient whites thought they were so superior...Prehence, Pure blood ideologies that often go hand and hand with White Radical groups. Personally I'd think the whole colour thing has to do with the environment, where black or dark skins are better for extreme heats, while whites adapted to colder and damper environments.

But since it believed that everyone originated in African, well we might as well all be blasting 2Pac then? And if we want to get into the whole Black Dominant Gene issue, then how the hell they get enslaved by idiotic white people then?

What, the retards were to smart or smooth talking, when they met with African Kings that didn't put much of a fight for the common black man? I guess the only colour that mattered was Gold.

As for the whole Racism issue on both side, well, it pretty much left in the hands of bitter idiots that really don't care about anything, and are just looking for something to blame. Hell, a meteorite could hit them, and they wouldn't even care probably.
edit on 20-9-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
While I enjoyed reading your post, I don't think racism is ever going away.
People will always find a way or reason to discriminate against their fellow men based on superficial standards; it's human nature, and no amount of cultural integration is going to change that.

As a side note, I don't feel people should have to relinquish their culture in order to satisfy the collective; isn't that the very thing that some groups feel countries like the United States and the U.K. are guilty of in the past?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Who is teaching them this - you nailed it, the global propaganda behemoth hell bent on keeping us divided into as many different hates as possible - race, sexual preference, political preference, religious preference.

It's called identity politics. it's entire being is for division, and conquering. To keep the masses fighting between each other until we get to a point where only two groups remain.

The majority.

The minority.

The majority wins every time. Doesn't mean they are 'right'. It just means politicians get a flawless victory.

Identity politics is an issue because of politics,and politician's magnifying an issue, and never letting a 'good' crisis go to waste.

All politics are smoke, and mirrors, and politicians have quite few weapons of mass distraction in their arsenal.
edit on 20-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I am a Hispanic immigrant as well. When I arrived in the US we lived in Wilmington, California. A small town within LA county, and very much part of Los Angeles.

This place was populated almost entirely by Hispanic immigrants. Most of them poor and a huge chunk of the younger generation were in gangs.

Can you imagine? I'm sure you can. There's a huge reason why I don't buy into the collectivist ideology of racism. There's a reason why I am a staunch individualist and that is because I grew up in a situation where statistically I was supposed to be another gang banger in LA county...By now dead or in prison.

My own story tells me what I should believe of how I should treat each person I meet and how I should view groups in general.

Racism is a particularly ugly form of collectivism and just another reason to reject it. Individuals rights, responsibility, and the understanding that while people group together for common causes and beliefs, you cannot assume everyone believes the same things just because they are black, white, or Hispanic.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
From the article in OP:

Some of the white people I talked with feel like many white people lack of a deep understanding of race and racism. Tim Wise said, "Whites are used to thinking of racism as an interpersonal thing, rather than institutional. So we can recall that time we got poor customer service by a black person, or had some black person make fun of us for something, and we think, 'we're the victims of racism now,' paying no attention to the ongoing systemic imbalance in our favor." This is in part because the nature of privilege is that you don't have to think deeply about your privilege if you don't want to.

People who live in White, Middle Class, Suburban hell think like this. I know, I'm surrounded by them.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Racism is a particularly ugly form of collectivism and just another reason to reject it

It truly is, and I am ashamed I just now get that.

People are not seen as people,individuals, but rather as a 'collective'.

No individual identities, just a group, and that group gets exploited for political gain.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I too now understand racism. When a black politician announces a policy (like flooding the border with illegals) that I disagree with, then as a white male I am automatically labeled a racist.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
a reply to: NoRegretsEver
Good vision on the day scenario, it is obvious there is an invisible race that is playing on physical differences or cultural ones to keep us apart. Our biggest problems is it is so easy to believe! Mainly because we all have a tribal button that can be pressed, once we enter that frame of mind were being played. Then the false drama is expanded.

This is how I see it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe in the big nation wide picture I don't know, but on the smaller scale...

I lived in a town that was nearly all Mexican, I am not, I was frowned at wherever I went and taunted and treated like dirt generally and mocked for not speaking spanish.

Another example, I traveled with a friend and passing though a part of a state (can't remember where in the south) we passed small towns, first there would be a white town and then a black town and then a white and so forth. We needed gas and pulled into a station, never thinking about which majority the town was but as we got our gas and bought some stuff in the store we had people all black lounging and walking give is angry dirty looks that had us confused as we had never experienced this racial anger and dislike before. The gas attendant ask what we wanted with a frown in a hostile tone of voice, not another word after. The store checkout watched us like we came to steal and it was entirely unpleasant!

So I conclude that we all seem to congregate to our own kind and when we build a large group of one kind in any area other races are treated as objectionable outsiders. The majority level of white to others in the US is changing but it changes in areas as people group together, there are more and more "areas" of non white communities and many more whites feeling the hostility of being minority in certain towns and neighborhoods.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
For the media it is about profits, not politics. They are pandering to your wants and desires, not your credulity. To blame the media for some sinister plan of racial division, when they are clearly after views and ratings, is a nonsensical joke.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Irrespective of how much racism is taught through media, politics and institutional means in the end it is and always will be our personal responsibility to reject it soundly, to stand for the individual and accept and understand them as they are - as individuals.
edit on 20-9-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Irrespective of how much racism is taught through media, politics and institutional means in the end it is and always will be our personal responsibility to reject it soundly, to stand for the individual and accept and understand them as they are - as individuals.

That's very true indeed, each individual can take that first step in rejecting racism by being their individual selves, independent of being part of a virus that eats away at the fabric of society.

We each are unique, but yet are one, we are just humans!

Peace, love and light
edit on 20-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Humans against humans, pretending not to be one people - Humanity, pretending not to be one race - The Human Race. Racism, homophobia, condemnation, zenophobia are all a belief in division.

Unity and Equality is seeing that Reality is One and that humans are One as Humanity. Focusing on Unity is seeing the bigger picture picture.

It is sad that people are trying to tell themselves and others that all is one, and one is all.

No evidence for this exists, it is clearly the OPPOSITE, this is why all the confusion, and why what you say will never be realized.

It is NOT completely honest to say that humans are all the same, and science definitely isn't interested into the differences of us all.

UNITY does not exist, anywhere in the Universe, the Ultimate Delusion is that it is, and needs to be strived for.

Why such a disconnection from the reality of it all ??? FEAR, and CONTROL.

They totally annihilate the truth when they reveal inside of the so called all-prevailing LOVE that they interject so the seeker never finds the truth.

Noone wants to hear, or realize just how complex and confounded the situation really is, or why things are the way they are.

They NEVER want to disrespect the system, for fear of punishment, this stretches to the highest realms.

The inability to deal with the hard questions , the no action taken and the ridiculous quests to tell the Universe that all they see has some reasonable reason for being seeming to be the exact opposite of what the eyes tell us.....

Has been clouded completely from even the most good-wanting Avatar souls etc.

Not a ONE of them has the courage to tell the truth, in a Universe Full of LIES, they want us to believe that things are better and more clear elsewhere, I challenge that THIS PLACE is the last that has any potential of affecting the entire outcome FOR EVER of EVERYTHING, and the FEAR of losing CONTROL is the reason it is going, Straight to HELL.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Sigh, in order for us to evolve we have to step away from tribal intellect..

This thread is a good example on how far behind we are as a species...

Also as long as we are focused on imperfections of humans, we will remain controlled as a whole..

No trolling intended.. Why people cannot ignore ignorance annoys me at my age nowadays.. Always looking for things to blame, instead of understanding human nature...

In a sense it is the first form of selfishness.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I live in a poor neighborhood in what is consistently ranked the worst town to live in, in Ohio. If you google the towns name, the first Google hit is a warning to not move here. Our racial statistics are considerably different from the national average. The racial makeup of the city is diversified a bit by the young students the town pulls in (roughly 4000, of the towns 20,000 people) but despite that our demographics are 90.1% White, 5.1% African American, 3% mixed races, and the remaining 2% is the Asians and Hispanics.

I think a lot about how this type of demographic affects me, it's hard to see racial issues when almost everyone is the same race. At school I go out of my way to hang out of the international students, they tend to have the best conversation. But then from others I see some of the most ignorant actions taken towards people because of their race. For example asking a guy whose walking down the hallway weird if he's doing that because he's black (he actually just hurt his leg).

I'll say this though, where I live race doesn't matter, atleast to me. All I see is economic class.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Really insightful post. Enjoyed it because it expanded my perspective-- that is, much of what you wrote I already had thought of, and then you took it deeper into things I hadn't considered, but which make sense.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Very interesting thread. I was a bit confused at a few different points, but overall, nicely done.

I don't think white people have no clue that their race is dying off as fast as those we call thugs. We are fully aware of it. And we are also aware that for the most part, it is the thugs killing us. That may be a result of agenda based media or it may not.

You kind of make it sound like if you are white and not in a ghetto or well below the poverty line this is all new. Believe me, it isn't. Going all the way back to desegregation in the 60's when students were bussed from urban plight areas to predominantly white schools we knew. When a black English teacher gathered all the black students together, held a private class the rest of us were not allowed to participate in, then had a pop quiz - we knew. Most of us passed it anyway, which really pissed her off, but hey, it is what it is.

Reverse racism is real. Most people of color object to us calling it just plain racism - which is what it is. We aren't entitled to the use of that word so we have to call it reverse racism. I went on a job interview several years ago and was told that although I was perfectly qualified and that they really wanted to hire me, they couldn't. I was told, off the record, the reason was because they needed to hire a minority due to a complaint that had been filed. I wasn't hired because I was white.

Slavery was not the most damaging thing that ever happened to people. I am Italian. My people were slaves once too. Like most others, except in some African nations, it was a long time ago. We got over it. Emancipation from slavery was one small step. Bob Marley said it best. The biggest step toward freedom was emancipating ourselves from anti-slavery. It was fighting a battle against a deed long since past that was keeping us down. You cant win a war that ended hundreds or thousands of years ago. All you can do is open up wounds that should have closed long ago.

Emancipate yourselves from anti-slavery. None but ourselves can make this true.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I will say this once.. One time only.. If Racism was so bad... I would not be here writing and asking our species to evolve together... It really will not be that hard...

I have seen the cradle of mankind recently.. Racism is the title for ineptitude, it seems to spread with races of mankind like a wildfire...

Wake up people...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

From the article in OP:

Some of the white people I talked with feel like many white people lack of a deep understanding of race and racism. Tim Wise said, "Whites are used to thinking of racism as an interpersonal thing, rather than institutional. So we can recall that time we got poor customer service by a black person, or had some black person make fun of us for something, and we think, 'we're the victims of racism now,' paying no attention to the ongoing systemic imbalance in our favor." This is in part because the nature of privilege is that you don't have to think deeply about your privilege if you don't want to.

People who live in White, Middle Class, Suburban hell think like this. I know, I'm surrounded by them.

How is "white, middle class, suburban" a hell? So, you're surrounded by a suburban middle class family (who happen to be majority white)? That is such a drag man!

This politically-correct racial ideology BS is the real drag. There is real injustice going around. Slavery, poverty, war, and wide-spread corruption.

The only people who give a sh!t about this is the rich and middle class. People who have real struggles don't have time to contemplate the correlation between racial perceptions and equal social behaviors.
edit on 20-9-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Since you don't care to debate (which I understand although don't entirely agree with) I'll just share a few points I feel important:

-Denying that there are any differences whatsoever between races is just as destructive (if not more so) than giving those alleged differences undue weight in one's appraisal of other races.

-Culture and Class are tied to each other, and can often be tightly intertwined with race. I feel both are far more important factors to one's success than race is.

-Many white people are confounded as to how they can help, when they are oppressed under the same messed up system as everyone else, living paycheck to paycheck, getting beaten up by government both literally and figuratively, and at the same time being blamed for all of it (thank you so much OP for bringing this up)

-Many white people now live in multiracial families, with mixed children and grandchildren ofultiple descents. We are all just trying to survive and enjoy life and be a family, and yet one of my nephews is "the oppressed" while my niece is his "evil oppressor" simply because of her skin color? I am "the priveleged white man" while my brother in law is the "oppressed minority"? My immediate family is more minority than white, yet I still get stares of hatred from minorities simply for being born with a certain skin color. I can't visit with my own family members in their childhood neighborhoods because it wouldn't be safe there for someone of uncolor. Wasn't that what we were trying to get away from in the first place?

-I've worked in the aerospace industry since high school. Every company I have worked at practically begged minorities to work there, yet they were nowhere to be found. We need to stop concentrating on the effect and root out the cause. These changes need to occur at family dinner tables and in classrooms, not as someone is waking onto the jobsite.

a reply to: Vroomfondel

I wanted to bring up the job thing... I remember being in college and seeing minorites brag about how they were going to spend their financial aid checks and racial scholarship money on sneakers and flatscreens instead of books and school supplies, and that they were only going to school for the free money. This isn't something I heard just once. I got to listen to it all through college at the cafeteria tables, over and over and over.

Meanwhile I was working a full time job plus overtime plus full credit night school, BARELY making it with help from friends and family. I went to the financial aid office and was told I was too white and too male to need any help. Absolutely disgusting.

Problems like these can only be fixed in the home. We cant force people to get educations and better themselves. Myself, as a white boogeyman, can do NOTHING to erase the "learning is dumb" and "being dumb is cool" mentality that is glorified these days.

When a minority becomes educated, literate, successful, they are "acting white"? How can we ever hope to solve this with that kind of mentality in effect? Knowledge and education as a whole have no specific racial affinity, especially if we are talking about stem field careers. That is pretty much raw math. There is no such thing as "acting white", yet I heard it said all through school from one minority to another. They are literally encouraging each other not to succeed.

edit on 21-9-2015 by Sharpobjects because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2015 by Sharpobjects because: Added response to another post

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

racism is a biological response like fight or flight. It is ingrained into our mental state from early in our caveman days.
it was a survival tool to weed out others who might harm us based off race or language ect. however their are some humans who are different from other humans.
Negative blood types are one. the females neg blood types kill positive blood type babies in their womb with a type of venom produced naturally by the mother. interestingly this could be considered an evolutionary stage where breeding between the two diffrent human species isnt intended to happen. realistically speaking one could consider this an evolutionary advantage as it would allow neg blood type males to spread their seed with positive and negitive female and the neg blood type females to not allow anyone with positive blood to have children with them. however science has created a cure for a negative blood type mother to deliver a positive blood type baby.

It may sound like crazy talk but why would a mother produce a natural poison to kill her own baby in the womb if we are the all the same? anyway its just food for thought

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join