It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Finally Understand Racism.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

So... those who know me from past ATS ventures, like the radio shows, already know a bit about me. I didnt hide much, but for those who dont know, and can help people to understand where I am coming from, I am a hispanic female, from the Bronx, and take social issues quite serious, and I like to think that airing my points in a mostly non-ghetto ( as that is where I come from, and sometimes my point comes from that angle) group, helped some to understand the "other" side of the issues we face daily.

Now with that, this will mostly be opinion, and articles concerning the racism issues, if you dont agree, ok. If you do thats ok too. What I will not do under any circumstance is debate this issue. Not because thats not what writing this is about, but because I will try to write this out in a way that, you will either love it or hate it, flag it or star it, read it or dismiss it, but I cannot or will not try to make anyone understand me, by using argument after argument, or debate after debate.

I recently came across an article (as there seems to be at least one a day) called White People Explain Why They Feel Oppressed, and something hit me like a ton of bricks. When I have discussions mostly with people who have never been in a position of real racism, including many who dont know what it is, and I include minorities that are way to touchy about it, and can never understand what it was REALLY like 50 years ago, the thing that most people in almost ALL topics dont think about is that when we have a group that think of themselves in a "higher" class, and shtf, they never logically or psychologically think of themselves as future victims.

The numbers are not adding up for a class/race of people that have never been on the "other" side. For example. If we are always told that we should fear tsunamis, those that live far away from the water, will not have fear. They are safe, they live far to inland for such a thing. BUT.... they didnt think about heavy rainfall, tsunamis caused by other weather anomalies, earthquakes, etc,. so when they are hit with rainfall it seems as if only THEY are being targeted, because it just doesnt make sense.

Now this is what has been happening for hundreds of years. Even when it was clear that whites were far away from those who owned slaves, and no longer had that mind set, there were still far to many things that would not let that part of history die off. Like movies, television, the media, etc,. It seemed as if we couldnt escape oppression, even when it wasnt happening by every day people, but from those who control what we see, and do.

We allowed TPTB to target minorities as the aggressors, and whites as passives. We were glued to the screen during the show Cops, and even though the majority of those who were terrified that this could happen to them, never really saw a crackhead, hanging out on their corner, but feared any day it would happen. There was a show recently on HBO called the Hero, and it was telling this exact thing. People terrified of people they never met, or interacted with, but were swayed by photos, news stories, and the newspapers [SPOILER ALERT] it all turned out to be ok, because people took the necessary steps to get to know others and not judge without first finding out for themselves.

Modern white Americans are one of the most powerful groups of people to ever exist on this planet and yet those very people—or, if you're white, you people—staunchly believe that the primary victims of modern racism are whites. We see this in poll after poll. A recent one by the Public Religion Research Institute found 52 percent of whites agreed, "Today discrimination against whites has become as big a problem as discrimination against blacks and other minorities." A 2011 study led by a Harvard Business School professor went deeper to find that "whites see race as a zero sum game they are losing." That was even the name of the study.It showed that over the last five decades both blacks and whites think racism against Blacks has been slowly declining, but white people think racism against whites is growing at a fast rate. White people are increasingly certain that they're being persecuted. The study also notes, "by any metric—employment, police treatment, loan rates, education—stats indicate drastically poorer outcomes for black than white Americans." White perception and the reality are completely at odds.

The above is very unreal to me. See, we are fooled into believing that "whites" are the rulers of finance, business, stardom, etc,. but where do you think that comes from? How many uber rich white people do you know? This is from the media SHOWING us whites all day everyday, they give us the news, they are in most shows as the "STAR", etc,. they are almost all aspects of the so called important part of peoples lives, but this again is FALSE.

Its not that ALL whites are in control, is that SOME of ALL races are, but for TPTB, they need a scape goat, and they have found it, and have been using it to their advantage, see white people, they had your back (but not really). While they gave whites a feeling of superiority, it was an illusion. This wasnt for ALL whites, just for some, and racism isnt for ALL minorities, just for most.

They gave all sides enough ignorance that we all fell for it. We fight for crumbs on a large table, at a dinner we werent even invited to. This is also why there is really no discussion about ALL races involved with slavery, just one race, for every movie like "Roots" shown here in the U.S. there is every other nation that has their version, and who do you think is the aggressor in those movies???

The reason that white people are up in arms about being wiped out, or they are now targeted, is because this has never been "out" like this before. Those in lower income neighborhoods knew, those in 3rd world countries knew, those in the ghetto knew, the only ones who didnt know where those who had to be closed off to the most important information of their lives, and that is happening now, and must be a shock and a half.

Here is an example to what I mean by that. If you ask a white person, if they think that only minorities are being oppressed or only being targeted by cops, they will say NO! that both black and whites are having to deal with the same amount when it comes to that, and you know what, they are right... and wrong. While most are looking at the polls, or stats by the gov, they are only showing in the media, blacks and minorities committing crimes, but not whites that are dying in droves from drug and alcohol abuse, or higher numbers monthly of them living way below the poverty level, etc,. that means that they might not have a clue, that their race is dying off at the same rate as those they think are thugs.

We have to see the ultimate divide, and talk to those who see the TRUTH for what it is, not all whites are doomed, and not all blacks are looking to kill you, there are ALL races every single day, trying to open the can of whoop ass to those who are really killing us, and even if you dont believe in rioting, protests, disruption, or anything of the sort, believe that this is not for only some people, this is for ALL people, dont wait till its to late. We can change it now.

Peace, NRE.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRegretsEver

People terrified of people they never met, or interacted with, but were swayed by photos, news stories, and the newspapers it all turned out to be ok, because people took the necessary steps to get to know others and not judge without first finding out for themselves.

Well as long as mind numbing social media such as Facebook exists, people will always get their information from sources of propaganda instead of doing the real thing of going out and meeting folks they have been told (and taught) to fear.

Who is teaching them this - you nailed it, the global propaganda behemoth hell bent on keeping us divided into as many different hates as possible - race, sexual preference, political preference, religious preference.

Because unity is strength - and that is a weapon the PTB have zero weapon to combat so they have created a weapon called "The main stream media" to ensure unity is impossible.

And the brain-child of this technique was Joseph Goebbels - thanks to operation paperclip, we now see the fruits of one of the many trees planted in the garden of social destruction and ultimate control.

Brilliant post NRE, and right on point.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Good vision on the day scenario, it is obvious there is an invisible race that is playing on physical differences or cultural ones to keep us apart. Our biggest problems is it is so easy to believe! Mainly because we all have a tribal button that can be pressed, once we enter that frame of mind were being played. Then the false drama is expanded.

This is how I see it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Though I agree that Goebbels has played a part, so has Bernays, and even before that these techniques have only been toyed with and perfected. Paperclip was not the brain child of the operation, during the Nuremberg trials it is not openly known that the techniques used were based on papers that were written by professors right here in the U.S.

I have written extensively about that here Human Zoo's: Science's Dirty (BIG) Secret Revealed. this is why we in the U.S seem so ignorant on the issue, where others in the world are not as surprised by what happens.

We need to wake up to this, or they win.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
NoRegretsEver:

I Finally Understand Racism.

Good post. Written with feeling.

Racism presents itself as a straightforward issue, but in reality it carries an interconnected complexity. It is an issue layered like an onion, the outer-layers of which are actually illusions and deceptions, and of course, to get to the inner truth and fully understand its causes and rid ourselves of it, we have to peel away the outer-layers, and keep peeling without compromise in our resolve and fortitude to get to grips with the issue.

All people of every colour have been and are subjected to racism. The reasons for racism are varied and diverse, some are a protectionist responses, whereas others are for profitable machinations and manipulations. These are just two of the outer-layers. The first most outer-layer to get through, to peel away, is that there are multiple races of people, there isn't, there is only one race of people, and we all belong to it: the 'human race'.

There are no genetic variations in the human population that discount any group from the human race, none whatsoever. Any genetic variation that qualified a group of people to be excluded from the human race would show them to be a different species altogether, and clearly, no such qualification exists. Diversity in the human race is driven by ethnic culture and mindset, out of which culture emerges. Unfortunately, mindset and cultural issues are an even greater issue than racism itself, because they deal definitively with the issue of identity.

In a sense, mindset and culture begs the question...whose mindset and culture is the most appropriate? It may look to be an impossible question to answer, but actually it is quite simple really. No one group of people have the correct mindset and culture for integration in a multicultural sense. A multi-culture cannot truly occur without genuine integration, and that cannot happen while the various groups retain a grasping for their own culture. All groups of people of whichever ethnicity have to let their own particular culture go in order for genuine integration to take place, and which will then create an overarching culture where diversity of skin colour is perceived as an equal aspect of being human. At that point, fallacious racism will not exist. If there is one goal the human race is trying to attain, either consciously or unconsciously, it is this one overarching culture that embraces all groups of colour.

Sadly, this is deemed a reach too far for some, and a loss of profit and control for others. Such people will do and say whatever it takes to ensure either their own culture and mindset is dominant, or to retain their wealth and control. These kinds of people should not be tolerated at all, and should be denounced and shown for what they truly are...elitist sociopaths. Exile the former and don't vote for the latter.

Fortunately, most people are not racist, but some do perceive themselves to be. It is important to bear in mind, it is only a perception, it is not a fact that they are racist. A so-called racist's concern does not actually revolve around a person's skin colour or any other genetic trait, it revolves around the differences in mindset and culture. What makes them seem racist is the adjectives they apply in denouncement and criticism of a person, as if a descriptive word answers all their concerns...it doesn't.

As people, embracing of all ethnicities, we have to see true and clear the mindsets and cultures that are dangerously divisive and isolationist, and we must rightly discard them to the pages of history, never to allow them to come forth again. Those that fear or hold concerns for other ethnicities need to be shown and given confidence that there really is nothing to fear or be concerned with for other ethnicities, but for this to happen, all ethnicities have to let their own particular culture fade away, and all need to adopt the culture of the human race, which can never be a slave or inferior in any way to any particular group of people.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Racism is a culturally integrated concept. It exists because we have a outdated belief in race which in not bases on any science. The concept of race is a myth and without the concept we would not experience racism. We have far more in common than what we have in difference..

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Good post NRE.
What I admire most about you is your willingness to take on the status quo and openly question much of what we take for granted. In my mind that is the only way forward - for all of us. For if we don't do it together it will surely rip us apart.

Eta: I meant to comment on the Rockwell painting in the OP. Not only a great painter but his ability to capture the human condition and convey emotion were superb. Art snobs pass him off as a mere illustrator sadly.

I would encourage everyone to look closely at the work, the attitudes conveyed by the children and the things they are carrying with them. It's an open-ended story, full of hope because knowing children their number one concern is playing and sharing what they like most. The awkwardness was true to the era when it was painted but unless adults got involved I'd put money those kids would be playing ball while the girls played with the cat. Really a great choice considering your subject NRE.
edit on 20-9-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I think if other races stopped topping the charts in crime and savagery then whites would not have a problem with them anymore. Bottom line.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Thank you ATA, that means a lot to me. This is a touchy subject, but it has to be seen from all fronts so we know what we are u against... and its NOT one another.

Peace, NRE.

P.S. its great to see you

edit on 20-9-2015 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Humans against humans, pretending not to be one people - Humanity, pretending not to be one race - The Human Race. Racism, homophobia, condemnation, zenophobia are all a belief in division.

Unity and Equality is seeing that Reality is One and that humans are One as Humanity. Focusing on Unity is seeing the bigger picture picture.
edit on 20-9-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

(post by Cyborg11 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cyborg11

I think if other races stopped topping the charts in crime and savagery then whites would not have a problem with them anymore. Bottom line.

I think you need to stop watching TV, and pick up a few history books. It would also help if you actually read the OP. She has something to say, and you're one of the people she's talking to.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cyborg11
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Source your garbage supremacism.

Or go back to Stormfront.
edit on Sun Sep 20 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Cyborg11

Here ya go... this may be more you

LINKY

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Source your garbage supremacism.

Or go back to Stormfront.

LOL

Snap...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
My wife is an inner city physician at a level I trauma center in Texas.
There are tendencies which anyone in this environment will not argue...this is a reality down here.
Not a liberal thought exercise...it is reality...

These 'tendencies' are actually under reported and would horrify the masses...this is coming from someone actually in the trenches, not far removed in the north east...
I would go on but don't want to spoil the utopic cumbaya narrative which is naive at best...
-Christosterone

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think class warfare, is a bigger issue. Also yes Anglo Saxons thru out history were more technologically advanced than many of the other races. Violence had allot to do with that.

Yet let us not forget about Egypt, Anglo saxons were not the only violent suppressive race either..

All walks of life or all races have suppressed and have been suppressed thruout history.

I think racism is not only something seeded thru culture, but also something instinctive dating back to our ancestors and survival mechanisms. modern humans and neanderthals existed together but we do not understand exactly how the neanderthal went extinct...

When people look different than what your familiar with most times fear is the first instinct that comes...

Anyhow I think class warfare is what we really need to be worried about right now...

Race relations are much better in 2015, then they were 20 years ago America, is still a free country for all, as long as you have the $$$$$$.

edit on 9 20 2015 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Speaking in terms of the color spectrum white people are the real colored people.

What happens when we find out that we are beings incarnating through the spectrum?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
im white with a mixed family. Ive lived in white, mixed and totally non white places. The ones in america were more pronounced in a racial divide sort of way such that there were occasions i felt uncomfortable.

We generalize cuz we have no choice......there isnt enough time or opportunity for everyone to live in so many different racial or ethnic situations to have a truly enlightened view on the subject so we resort to shorthand ways of talking or thinking about a thing.....and thats NORMAL. Whats not ok is the mainstream narrative pitting so called privileged against the nonprivileged etc. Its illogical and absurd to try to guilt and shame people who have zero connection to a racist past (white eastern europeans for example who emigrated to america recently) as well as people who had no choice into what family they were born and where.

Try intoducing a little bit of logic and common sense into issues like this will usually just get everyone on both sides mad at you.....its a no win.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I agree with everything you said NRE...

I would just add that very few are aware that the entire racism thing is a deliberately fabricated lie with a stealth agenda behind it.

I believe that the entire thing is simply a huge scam...

The existence of any ostensible "races" in the minds of any people, of any nation, in any language, is merely the result of propaganda, memes and disinformation, the mythology of racism, created and perpetuated by a parasitic minority; the pathological ruling class of the dominant culture.

The supremacists, members of the pathocracy, are well aware that race has nothing to do with reality. The false concept of race also represents a potent "wedge issue" that can be used within the "empire" to manufacture discord and incite conflict among its diverse subjects.

The Mythology of 'Race'

Race doesn't matter. In fact, it doesn't even exist in humans. While that may sound like the idealistic decree of a minister or rabbi, it's actually the conclusion of an evolutionary and population biologist at Washington University in St. Louis.

Race is a real cultural, political and economic concept in society, but it is not a biological concept, and that unfortunately is what many people wrongfully consider to be the essence of race in humans -- genetic differences..." ~ Alan R. Templeton, Ph.D.

"In fact, 'race' is an old term and concept that modern genetic science has shown to be meaningless, but has been satanically exploited to justify all sorts of racial hatred, arrogance, tyranny, and discrimination." ~Nabil Haroun

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join