It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World flood, did it happen, can it happen again?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
a reply to: Agartha

Read the link again. Scientists think that 400-500 miles below the crust there are vast bodies of water. By vast they meAn oceans. Not microscopic. However, since it is so deep and we cant seem to reach there, it is only a theory. The water trapped in these crytaline rocks is the proof for the theory.

Please take another look and read other sources if it does actually interest you.

I think you need to take a look at other sources as there is a vast amount of water but NOT in liquid form:

Water deep underground would not be in the form of liquid, ice or steam. Subjected to temperatures of 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit and enormous pressures, the familiar molecule of H2O divides into hydroxyls, the main component of alcohols, and oxygen. The two chemical components can combine into water.

Hence I repeat my previous post:

Water in the mantle isn't in pools or lakes, but rather tiny droplets caught in microscopic spaces between the mantle's crystals .

Vast amounts - not in liquid form - in microscopic spaces in the crystals.

www.livescience.com...

www.northwestern.edu...

ultraculture.org...

edit on 24-9-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

One has to wonder what happened to its precious cargo given the fact that at said altitude "our lungs begin to bleed, and your body begins to die."? That does not bode to well for all those animals who boarded apparently two, by two. Then there is the problem that even a vessel the size of the largest ocean liners/container ships/oil tankers simply could not accommodate such a cargo.

I'm not suggesting there is not something up there but if indeed it is an ark, it must have been only one of many.

Don't suppose you have a link to pics or video to the Russian military marching by below it?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My 2 cents on the matter.

First we have to take in account that most of the civs back then thought the world was flat and the centre of the universe and that by no means they had any idea how big is the world. Also the most literate civs out there from which the myths sprang were concentrated near rivers and sea...China, India, Mesopotamia, Greece, Egypt...

So when the flood happened...it could be a major flood but I understand why they thought it was a world flood because it probaby completely obliterated the settlements they were living in which were prone to floods due to low altitude. I would love to hear some myths about great flood from Tibet or Incas who were high above water....then the plot would definitely deepen

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d
My 2 cents on the matter.

First we have to take in account that most of the civs back then thought the world was flat and the centre of the universe and that by no means they had any idea how big is the world. Also the most literate civs out there from which the myths sprang were concentrated near rivers and sea...China, India, Mesopotamia, Greece, Egypt...

So when the flood happened...it could be a major flood but I understand why they thought it was a world flood because it probaby completely obliterated the settlements they were living in which were prone to floods due to low altitude. I would love to hear some myths about great flood from Tibet or Incas who were high above water....then the plot would definitely deepen

there is that but the word in the original language was a multi-use word. it referred to dirt, land, kingdom, region, the known world, world, and so on.

The word for day is another example of another multi-use word that causes no end of trouble for believers and scoffers alike. sorry for the source's crappy scanned copy of Strong's. it is almost impossible to make out but it is legible with effort.

e.g: www.accuracyingenesis.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Archimedes' principle indicates that the upward buoyant force that is exerted on a body immersed in a fluid, whether fully or partially submerged, is equal to the weight of the fluid that the body displaces. Archimedes' principle is a law of physics fundamental to fluid mechanics

So when part of the water was frozen what happens to the liquid water level?
Homework.. take couple ice cubes and drop them in glass of water, mark water level with ice cubes and after ice cubes has melted.

edit on 1-10-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I don't believe it will happen....

Has anyone seen how many Sham Wows have been sold, that's half the problem, in california, it's like Japan, everybody has to have one.

If we begin to have a drought, everybody just squeeze them again

whats the big deal

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
No it didn't happen, at least not in one flood. However, there were many pulse water events, as modern science can now identify (ancient submerged shore lines, sediment dating, etc, etc). Each of these events caused localised flooding and added to overall global sea heights (very slowly).

However, just to get into the spirit of the thread (and not something i agree with), i will throw out there the fact that some black holes have been observed "spitting out" vast quantities of water. Is it possible that at some point in the planets past, the orbit has taken it into the path of one of these "streams"?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join