It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama nominates first openly gay military service chief

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7 LOL, TOO CUTE! But so true. I honestly do not and have not trusted him from day one.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EnochstaskOMG!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

obama got elected because every liberal in the country voted for him, the 'conservative/republican' party didnt have enough support to get elected

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I can't help believe that Obama is having a last blast screw America party, well that's what it looks like from the UK.

A man being elected to a post SOLELY based upon his sexual orientation? That's exactly what it looks like.

I have no personal issue with gay rights and I'm sure this is a well trained officer up to the job but he's being stuck out by Obama as the first gay leader, its not giving him any credit for being an excellent soldier. Poor bloke, he's being set up to fail.

And look at the state of Black America at the moment, can it get any worse?

Obama must be sitting with his handlers having a huge laugh at America's expense, he's utterly undermined what it is to be American, he's let loose rampant Radicalism and helped make sure race is eating away at the American people.

Mind you, what a wonderful choice you have to pick from the new people, Hilary who would sell you down the street at a moments notice and then an endless list of liars and cheats.

Same here in the UK, I never thought I'd ever feel like not wanting to get up in the morning but that's how it is, everything is just both imploding and exploding around us.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Ok....so is this solely a political move for BHO

NOTHING the president does isn't without political gain.

I have nothing against that guy at all, but I really do think he got the job based solely on his sexual oreintation.

I mean look at his appointments elsewhere. Not a single one that was qualified.

Biden is apparently running now too. So Biden will throw off the Hillary vote and allow Sanders to win...

Dunno bout that prolly looking at a Biden CLinton ticket with Sanders getting Sec State.

We won't have much of a military left by then.

Sanders as Secretary of State? Highly doubtful he would accept the position.
edit on 22-9-2015 by Argus100 because: Typo

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Xcathdra

Agreed.

Was asking if anyone can show why he should not have got the nod.

I was reinforcing your point that he is qualified and there was nothing present that should have kept him from the position. I should have been more clear so my bad.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Technically the first "openly gay military chief" was Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben, Major General of the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War. If he hadn't been run out of Europe for being Gay, we might all be British Subjects right now. He was a brilliant General.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

if the selection was purely on merit there would be no mention of his sexual preference,just his resume.

Uhh...there wasn't and "mention of his sexual preference" and it was just his resume?

Here ya go...I think you are confusing Fox News with the White House.

Eric K. Fanning, Nominee for Secretary of the Army, Department of Defense

Eric K. Fanning has served as Acting Under Secretary of the Army since June 2015. He has served as Special Assistant to Secretary of Defense Ash Carter since March 2015, including as Chief of Staff to the Secretary from March to June 2015. From 2013 to 2015, Mr. Fanning served as Under Secretary of the Air Force and as Acting Secretary of the Air Force in 2013. Mr. Fanning previously served as a Deputy Under Secretary of the Navy from 2009 to 2013. Prior to joining the Administration, he was Deputy Director of the Commission on the Prevention of Weapons of Mass Destruction Proliferation and Terrorism. Mr. Fanning worked for Business Executives for National Security (BENS), first as the Washington Regional Director in 2001 and then as Senior Vice President for Strategic Development from 2001 to 2007. Prior to joining BENS, Mr. Fanning held a number of positions, including Senior Associate at Robinson, Lerer & Montgomery in New York and Associate Producer at CBS News. He began his career in public service serving as an Associate Director of Political Affairs at The White House in 1996, Special Assistant in the Office of the Secretary of Defense from 1993 to 1996, and as a Research Assistant for the Committee on Armed Services in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1991 to 1993. Mr. Fanning received a B.A. from Dartmouth College.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

People in intelligence community know Obama is bi sexual and Muslim and born in Kenya and has ties to CIA

Need I go on

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent321

Let me guess you go some inside sources to prove they know that stuff?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Mod Edit
edit on 9/22/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If I am reading the job description of his previous post correctly...this is a terrible hire.

The exclusive responsibilities of the Secretary of the Air Force are enumerated in Title 10 Section 8013 (b) of the United States Code. They include, but are not limited to:
“ (1) Recruiting.

(2) Organizing.
(3) Supplying.
(4) Equipping (including research and development).
(5) Training.
(6) Servicing.
(7) Mobilizing.
(8) Demobilizing.
(9) Administering (including the morale and welfare of personnel).
(10) Maintaining.
(11) The construction, outfitting, and repair of military equipment.
(12) The construction, maintenance, and repair of buildings, structures, and utilities and the acquisition of real property and interests in real property necessary to carry out the responsibilities specified in this section.[6]

Source

Granted, based on that description, it would appear that none of his recent predecessors were very competent either...what's another bad hire among many?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join