It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama nominates first openly gay military service chief

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

President Barack Obama is nominating longtime Pentagon official Eric Fanning to be the Army's new secretary. If confirmed, Fanning, a civilian, would be the nation's first openly gay leader of a military service.

The nomination comes at a time when the Obama administration is working to eliminate barriers to military service based on sexuality or gender. The “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy that allowed homosexuals to serve in the military as long as they hid their sexuality was officially repealed during Obama’s first term. Gays are now allowed to openly serve.

Obama nominates first openly gay military service chief

Ok....so is this solely a political move for BHO? If so, who is benefiting from it in the current run-off? Nobody that I can see. So why this and why now?

I believe in the next couple months, BHO is going to outwardly voice support for Bernie Sanders. He is one of the biggest supporters of equal rights without a lot of bad press for political history. Hillary is the obvious lead dog for the party at the moment, staving off reports of deleting emails daily....but Sanders is rapidly gaining support in many areas.

Anywho....I really wonder if this decision was made for support of gay rights in the military, or for political agenda to get someone in the WH.

Breaking news and conspiracy theory all wrapped into one....

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Ok....so is this solely a political move for BHO

NOTHING the president does isn't without political gain.

I have nothing against that guy at all, but I really do think he got the job based solely on his sexual oreintation.

I mean look at his appointments elsewhere. Not a single one that was qualified.
edit on 20-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

From now on drill instructors may wear a construction workers hat,indian headress or cowboy hat.

Kaitlyn Jenner can be the new war bonds girlie

if the selection was purely on merit there would be no mention of his sexual preference,just his resume.
edit on 20-9-2015 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I have nothing against that guy at all, but I really do think he got the job based solely on his sexual oreintation.

Biden is apparently running now too. So Biden will throw off the Hillary vote and allow Sanders to win...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I was going to start a thread, not on this announcement, but on the announcement that just broke in Australia 30 minutes ago that Malcolm Turnbull (our new Prime Minister) has just announced that Senator Marice Payne has just been awarded the Defense Portfolio.

The first time in history that a female has been awarded the position of Defense Minister.

I am happy with both of these announcements - particularly Mr Turnbulls, because he is a very intelligent person and he would appoint based upon merit and ability........and he has pissed off the status-quo in doing so.

www.9news.com.au...
edit on 20-9-2015 by Sublimecraft because: added link

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Biden is apparently running now too. So Biden will throw off the Hillary vote and allow Sanders to win...

Dunno bout that prolly looking at a Biden CLinton ticket with Sanders getting Sec State.

We won't have much of a military left by then.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

What is wrong with his qualifications then?
edit on thSun, 20 Sep 2015 01:53:05 -0500America/Chicago920150580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I was going to start a thread, not on this announcement, but on the announcement that just broke in Australia 30 minutes ago that Malcolm Turnbull (our new Prime Minister) has just announced that Senator Marice Payne has just been awarded the Defense Portfolio.

The first time in history that a female has been awarded the position of Defense Minister.

I am happy with both of these announcements - particularly Mr Turnbulls, because he is a very intelligent person and he would appoint based upon merit and ability........and he has pissed off the status-quo in doing so.

www.9news.com.au...

First...nice new avatar...that gang in Australia is pretty nasty.

On topic, I understand what you are saying as far as the UK appointment, but this one seems more based on sexual orientation than merit.

What are your thoughts on this particular appointment in the US?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Probably nothing I was just stating yes there is probably a political aspect to his appointment why do I need to be told hes homosexual?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

www.9news.com.au...

First...nice new avatar...that gang in Australia is pretty nasty.

On topic, I understand what you are saying as far as the UK appointment, but this one seems more based on sexual orientation than merit.

What are your thoughts on this particular appointment in the US?

He has been around since the 90s holding several high profile positions prior to this, so what exactly is the issue with this?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

What is wrong with his qualifications then?

That he will be nothing but a 'yes' man to whatever the administration wants.

Just like Holder, and Lynch, and Gates.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Because it is ground breaking.
Does it bother you that you were told?

I have no problem saying that it didn't hurt his chances, but no one has been able to say why he shouldn't have got the job based on his resume.

Just implications that the only reason he got it was his sexual orientation.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That is your opinion, not an issue with his qualifications.

Sorry that they don't ask you first Neo, maybe one day they will.
Which Gates are you talking about btw?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Thought there was thread on this already, see it was moved to the appropriate place as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Yes it does bother me what the hell does what this guy does in his bedroom or private life got to do with running the army

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Unless you can show he was hired for that alone, nothing.

It is more just a footnote that people are just making a huge deal about.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

It is a shame that it is necessary to place labels on people.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

And opinion that is backed up here.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not much of a career there.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

NOTHING the president any politician does isn't without political gain.

Fixed that for you. Not to say they can't do good things when their political objectives and the peoples fall in line.
edit on 20-9-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join