It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA: Better Than 97 Percent Chance 2015 Will Be Hottest Year on Record

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Farlander

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

OK , for Arguments sake , the Temperatures are Rising . As to the Undeniable Direct Cause for that Cannot be Ascertained by Present Day Science with Any Degree of Certainty . The Undeniable Direct Cause could be one of Numerous Factors such as Solar Cycles , Earth Axis Changes , Man Made Greenhouse Gas Emissions , or Still Unknown Effects on the Earth itself caused by the Position of the Earth's Orbit in our Solar System and/or a Combination of them. I am Willing to say that as of Sept.2015 , the Primary Factor for the Alleged Idea of Global Warming is Still to be Determined by Science Unhindered by Political Influence or Out Right Falsification of Data at a Future Date .
edit on 20-9-2015 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: lostbook
Scientists can use alternate methods to measure temps which go back way farther than 200 yrs. Can't name them from the top of my head right now, but I think one of the methods for measuring Global temps has to do with tree rings.

It's safe for us to say that they don't know # about weather or the universe yet.

Just because we know SOMETHING doesn't mean we know ANYTHING.

So maybe 400 years of 4 billion. That's 400 of 4,000,000,000

(Not predictive or statistically relevant
edit on 9/20/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/20/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

the Primary Factor for the Alleged Idea of Global Warming is Still to be Determined by Science Unhindered by Political Influence or Out Right Falsification of Data at a Future Date .

And who would that be?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Why is there such a Divergence between them ?
There isn't. Really.

You think temperatures are not increasing?

What way does NOAA like their omelettes?
"Colour me unconvinced" BTW, Is that the graph that does away with any GW hiatus that does away with the possibility of a mouse cooling his little paws now and again by blowing on them when he runs up down a Arizona temperature guage.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

An Unbiased Arbitrator backed by Undisputed Data For or Against the Arguments Presented to him .

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Funny Little Smurf . Better sit Closer to the Fire , I think you are changing to a Darker Shad of Blue..........

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

So who would that be?
That is what I am asking.

Who would decide if the data is disputed or not?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

There isn't. Really.

"Colour me unconvinced" BTW, Is that the graph that does away with any GW hiatus that does away with the possibility of a mouse cooling his little paws now and again by blowing on them when he runs up down a Arizona temperature guage.

That graph doesn’t even have any data from NOAA.

It’s labeled gistemp (NASA), rss (Remote Sensing Systems – a private company) and uah (University of Alabama – Huntsville, run by prominent global warming skeptics Roy Spencer & John Christy).

The rss and uah data come from satellites.

Yet your comment is so indicative of the futility of this “debate”: You’re not even informed enough to understand what data you’re looking at, but here to tell us all about how manipulated and flawed it is.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So who would that be?
That is what I am asking.

Who would decide if the data is disputed or not?

Hmm.. Let's See . Who Would You Suggest ?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I am fine with who is currently doing it, it is peer reviewed and people are open to disagree with it.

You are the one saying that it isn't sufficient so I am asking YOU.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

originally posted by: smurfy

There isn't. Really.

That graph doesn’t even have any data from NOAA.

It’s labeled gistemp (NASA), rss (Remote Sensing Systems – a private company) and uah (University of Alabama – Huntsville, run by prominent global warming skeptics Roy Spencer & John Christy).

The rss and uah data come from satellites.

Yet your comment is so indicative of the futility of this “debate”: You’re not even informed enough to understand what data you’re looking at, but here to tell us all about how manipulated and flawed it is.

Who said it was from NOAA?
I did see Gavin Giss though!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
But wait! I thought all the Kool kids were talking about the *new* ice age coming?

Just like fashion kids...what was once old, is now new again.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Kind of like our local one. It was moved after the farmer died to the local library. Small town but not out in the open on grass like the old spot. Cool summer here anyway.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter

Who was saying that?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Funny Little Smurf . Better sit Closer to the Fire , I think you are changing to a Darker Shad of Blue..........

I'm a green Smurf dammit, it goes with the territory..which, as the Met office will tell you day and daily, is so fecking green.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The "solution" that they are pushing is as bad as the problem. Even very left Environmentalist are against Cap and Scam.

Real solutions would be killing fossil fuel energy subsidies and using that money to subsidize the "consumer" to put up wind and solar but that (like the cap and scam) doesn't make the right people and companies rich in the process.

Annie Leonard who did "The Story of Stuff" did a good video on it a few years ago. Everyone should know this.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yes cap and trade may not be the answer but to use that to discredit the idea is throwing the baby out with the bath water. As in let's still work on reducing it and not using cap and trade to do it.
edit on thSun, 20 Sep 2015 17:46:20 -0500America/Chicago920152080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

This is the classic kind of delusional fluff climate deniers hang their tinfoil hat on.

He claims this is the solution that "they" are pushing, yet links to a video criticizing cap and trade that's done by The Story of Stuff - a project sponsored by the Tides Foundation, aka that evil leftist propaganda group tied to George Soros himself lol.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I am Willing to say that as of Sept.2015 , the Primary Factor for the Alleged Idea of Global Warming is Still to be Determined by Science Unhindered by Political Influence or Out Right Falsification of Data at a Future Date .

Surely you don't mean that someone with better trained meece, is going to mess around with the figures once again?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join