It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA: Better Than 97 Percent Chance 2015 Will Be Hottest Year on Record

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Gothmog

Yes, I know some deny it. Said it was widely accepted not universally.

I'm sure you know the difference tho.

Actually you brought "GOP" into the subject.As if they were the only ones....thus my reply . Instead of looking at a "science ' whose records can only go back to the 1920s (around 1928 I think) and questionable records at best , look to your true sciences that have been around 100s if not 1000s of years. Actual science that can reliably predict the temperature and climate conditions in the times of the dinosaurs.....
But thats our problem. We take everything as being along "party lines (lies)". And not with our intelligence quotient. The party feeds us the crap and we spread it like some kind of viral disease

edit on 20-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Careful, you're making too much sense.
edit on 20-9-2015 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

So what is this 'actual' science then?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Here in Scotland it has definitely not been the hottest year on record. We had a good summer last year, and the hottest one I remember in my life time was around 1976 where the temperature was so hot the tar on the foot ways became a bit sticky and the fizzy juice bottles that were made of glass in those days, started to spontaneously explode in the shop my mum had. Now THAT was what you call a long hot summer.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

that 97 number sure does get used a lot these days. I guess it's kinda sexy....you know...it sounds valid. If they said 99 or 100...it wouldn't sound right.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
The NOAA is saying that the Earth is due to break its Global Heat Record AGAIN! I just don't know what to say anymore about this whole thing except to say WAHHHHH!!!!!!

The 10 hottest years globally have all happened since 1998 and with the way things are going temperature-wise, I think we are in for some real trouble in the coming years. What does ATS have to say?

Not a lot, if NOAA uses info from sites like this, (it does)...In the picture is a temperature station at the University of Arizona in the parking area on the Asphalt.
You could probably fry an egg in there.
There are many more like that, and no, I'm not some right-wing conservative oilman.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-9-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I am so goddam sick of hearing this regurgitated bullocks time and time again. It blows my mind that people still don't understand or aren't willing to research how NOAA comes up with this drivel.

What the study shows is that the temperature readings were chosen from the areas which NOAA have decided to use in the study. They have reduced the amount of thermometers in areas where the temps were shown to be cooling, thermometers are placed on asphalt, roof tops etc, where the environment surrounding them isn't taken into account. There are just too many factors in this for it all to be summed up by a few stragically placed temp recorders and you certainly shouldn't be taking what they say so seriously. Remove yourself from any propaganda and influence, take a deep breath then go outside. Is it hotter? Really have a think about it. Is it hotter? You'll realise something. Temperature is only relevant to your immediate environment. Drive 10 miles away, the temp changes. Drive into the city, it's warmer because of concrete and glass, drive to flat open country and you'll find its cooler. Is their temp recorder in the city or the country?

Global warming was proven false consistently which is why the Great Climate Overlords decided to rename it Climate Change. Climate Change was called 'the weather' when I was a kid and it was driven by the sun. But you see..... You can't tax the weather.... OR the sun.

Perception management people!

*click

And you're back in the room

(post by CB328 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Interesting that 2014 and 2015 also was recorded as having a record of snow fall.

I guess if is not hot is not worth to be talk about.

Winter 2014-2015, Record Snowfall Front

Boston breaks seasonal snowfall record with 108.6 inches

www.usatoday.com...

People warmer weather is always link to earth increase and proliferation of life, while ice age brings the end of most life, be worry about another ice age that always comes after the earth warming period

Historically earth has been warmer longer than colder and temperatures has been much hotter also, during that time life always flourish.

The problem now is that earth temperatures of cycle warming is an inconvenience to Human habitation and way of life, that is why some need to plan for the lost of income and Global warming has been made into trillions of dollars profiting scam.

Earth will do what has done for millennia and humans can no do a darn thing about it, but some will try to profit from it.

That is what global warming is becoming and that is what makes it a scam

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

If you think it is manipulated then show it.
Oh and your George Washington quote is bogus.

Show the sensor calibration records, show the training and qualifications documents for the sensors readers. Show the chain of custody documents proving the numbers have been unchanged from sensor to final output document.

In the nuclear power industry the responsibility of such proof and documentation is the responsibility of the nuclear power company. Why is this any different if you are claiming this is such an important subject?

The responsibility of proof is on the initiator of the claim, the plaintiff.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

There are many more like that, and no, I'm not some right-wing conservative oilman.

So, if that temperature station shows a higher high temperature this year than it ever has, that means nothing?

In the past 365 days 2,931 such stations in the US (as well as rural ones) have shown the highest temperatures they have ever recorded.

By comparison, 1,177 stations have shown all time lows.

Two and a half times more all time highs as compared to all time lows. You think things are not getting warmer?

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...
edit on 9/20/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

It is on the person claiming that it is manipulated to prove it.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Interesting that 2014 and 2015 also was recorded as having a record of snow fall.

Does that mean they were the coldest years ever? It doesn't have to be very, very cold for there to be a lot of snow.

People warmer weather is always link to earth increase and proliferation of life, while ice age brings the end of most life, be worry about another ice age that always comes after the earth warming period
We are in an ice age, but we don't have to worry about the next glaciation for another 5 or 6 thousand years, at least. Actually, if we keep pumping CO2 into the atmosphere, it will be longer than that.

The problem now is that earth temperatures of cycle warming is an inconvenience to Human habitation and way of life, that is why some need to plan for the lost of income and Global warming has been made into trillions of dollars profiting scam.
So...planning for warming temperatures is a scam? Figuring out what to do about rising sea levels and changes in precipitation patterns is a scam?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: smurfy

So, if that temperature station shows a higher high temperature this year than it ever has, that means nothing?

In the past 365 days 2,931 such stations in the US (as well as rural ones) have shown the highest temperatures they have ever recorded.

By comparison, 1,177 stations have shown all time lows.

Two and a half times more all time highs as compared to all time lows. You think things are not getting warmer?

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

There is a Great Discrepancy between Satellite Recorded Earth Temperatures and Surface Recorded Temperatures . Why is there such a Divergence between them ? This is a Possible Explanation.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-9-2015 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Why is there such a Divergence between them ?
There isn't. Really.

You think temperatures are not increasing?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They have portable fans on sale every year at home depot.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Phage

They have portable fans on sale every year at home depot.

So you can blow warm air around?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Why is there such a Divergence between them ?
There isn't. Really.

You think temperatures are not increasing?

That is Still up for Debate about the Real Cause for that isn't there ? So , your Point is >?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

That the temperatures are rising.
Don't shift the goal post, it wasn't meant to say what was causing it.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Let's just assume we ARE contributing to global warming and depend less on oil. Will it kill us if we depend more on water, solar, and wind based power sources? No.

But if we assume the reverse and end up being wrong, then we're destroying the planet and leaving a terrible problem for future generations to fix.

Moving away from oil can't possibly be that bad.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join