It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians 'martyred for beliefs every FIVE MINUTES by Islamic State and other terrorists'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
CHRISTIANS are being martyred for their faith every five minutes by barbaric Islamic State militants and other terror groups, a shocking new report has claimed.

I have often heard people on this site say that Christians are persecuted no more than any other group of people, but I always knew in my heart that this wasn't true.

Research by CFI found that more than 200 million followers are facing persecution in 105 countries making Christianity the most at-risk faith group in the world.

More Christians have been martyred in the 20th and 21st centuries than during the previous 19 combined, the organisation has claimed

Many people don't care because they hate religious people. Others are simply indifferent. I have even heard people say things along the lines of: "Yeah well they deserve it given the amount of persecution committed by the church over the years".

That is such a cop out. Especially given the fact that a lot of these atrocities used to justify the rampant persecution of Christians were committed by the apostate Roman catholic church, who themselves persecuted Christians...

There is an Anti-Christ agenda in the media, in the political field, and even in the hearts and minds of some regular people. I think this is why people don't blink twice when they hear of 20 Christians brutally murdered for their faith, but go absolutely bonkers when a lion gets killed by a game hunter.

The human rights group's president Jim Jacobson said: “Islamic State Militants in Iraq are using Christian churches as torture chambers where they force Christians to either convert to Islam or die.

“Islamic State militants are also stripping the former places of Christian worship of ancient relics which in turn are smuggled to Western collectors to help fund their terrorist activities."

In August the terrorist group raided a Syrian church and abducted more than 230 Christians.

Days later they returned and bulldozed the 1,600-year-old monastery.

Of course this is all predicted in the Bible. Whether you agree with the infallibility of the Bible or not; you can no longer deny that there is a rampant persecution of Christians worldwide, solely because of the faith that they share.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Inb4: 'CHRISTIANS JUST SUFFER FROM PERSECUTION COMPLEX'

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Yah, well, the US military has martyred hundreds of thousands in the name of Humanity… so what?

What did you expect when you blame Islam, calling them extreme, radical, terrorists and drop bombs on them for no just reason?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Yah, well, the US military has martyred hundreds of thousands in the name of Humanity… so what?

What did you expect when you blame Islam, calling them extreme, radical, terrorists and drop bombs on them for no just reason?

So your excuse for Christians being brutally murdered is US foreign policy?

I'm pretty sure US foreign policy has nothing to do with Islamic militants persecuting Christians. It may have everything to do with militants joining up to fight in the first place, but I think you'll find that the Quaran is to blame for the specific murdering of Christians.

You can blame US foreign policy for terrorist attacks and insurgency. The persecution of Christians at the hands of radical islamists goes above and beyond the theatre of US foreign policy.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

More Christians have been martyred in the 20th and 21st centuries than during the previous 19 combined, the organisation has claimed

Weren't they the ones martyring everyone for the first 19 centuries though?

It's disgusting anyways.
I just couldn't let that little factoid go unscrutinised.

What's the solution?
If they seek refuge people will call them economic scroungers & hope they drown...
Because you know, they're brown people.

I hope they make it over to Europe safely.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

It's disgusting anyways.

What's the solution?
If they seek refuge people will call them economic scroungers & hope they drown...

The crusades were a Catholic movement. If you look back you can pin most if not all the blame for said martyring on the Roman catholic church.

The Roman catholic church also persecuted the same type of Christians being persecuted in the middle east today..

I don't class the RCC as truly Christian and see them as apostate. I really do think people need to separate the two and stop blaming Christianity for the atrocities committed by a corrupt and inherently evil establishment.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

But but but, it's mostly Catholics and Coptics who are pretty much Catholic except they don't acknowledge Rome who are doing all the dying.

How do you feel about it now?
edit on 19-9-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

It's disgusting anyways.

What's the solution?

The crusades were a Catholic movement. If you look back you can pin most if not all the blame for said martyring on the Roman catholic church.

The Roman catholic church also persecuted the same type of Christians being persecuted in the middle east today..

I don't class the RCC as truly Christian and see them as apostate. I really do think people need to separate the two and stop blaming Christianity for the atrocities committed by a corrupt and inherently evil establishment.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

But but but, it's mostly Catholics and Coptics whore pretty much Catholic except they don't acknowledge Rome who are doing all the dying.

How do you feel about it now?

You're going to have to elaborate. As far as I was aware a Coptic Christian is simply a Christian who is Egyptian?

How are they 'pretty much' Catholics? I don't understand your post at all.

Edit to add: If you mean that most of the persecuted Christians in the middle east are catholic I'd like to know where you got this rather vague statistic from. Also to further answer what I think is the question you are posing: I am still mortified by their persecution whether they are catholic or protestant.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Irony.
The Catholic religion accounts for more than half of Christianity, globally. For one Christian to say its time that they were seen as separate as they are inherently evil rings out an echo of the exact same consideration that certain followers of Islam ascribe to other followers of Islam. Same religion but utter disdain and no respect for the others beliefs. We all know how that plays out.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
By today's definition, it can't be considered persecution.

Why not?

Because they're Christians.

None of our so-called enlightened community will ever admit to that fact directly because it would put a spotlight on their hypocrisy, so don't expect many people agreeing with you, OP.

Like many other places, anti-Christian sentiment is in vogue on ATS. Oh, you'll get plenty of comments attempting to deflect by saying incredibly ignorant things, and never once will they admit that the eradication of Christianity would be something they would ultimately applaud as a good thing, regardless of how it was accomplished.

Just remember, there is no persecution of Christians; it's all in your head.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"There is an Anti-Christ agenda in the media, in the political field, and even in the hearts and minds of some regular people."

Then where did You get Your info? Would You classify Your source as being 'media' ? if so, does this source provide info that is un-biased? Are there any other sources reporting on this story so Us readers can get another angle?

I read somewhere that "Freedom of Speech is now illegal in the UK!" is this also a fact? If so, how are You getting away with this?

I'd also add that any religion™ has NO BUSINESS in politics. 2 Yangs don't make a 'right'

I'll take My answers on the air.

Thank You

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
Irony.
The Catholic religion accounts for more than half of Christianity, globally. For one Christian to say its time that they were seen as separate as they are inherently evil rings out an echo of the exact same consideration that certain followers of Islam ascribe to other followers of Islam. Same religion but utter disdain and no respect for the others beliefs. We all know how that plays out.

Difference is I respect catholics as human beings every bit deserving of life as myself. I would never dream of being violent over the divide.

That being said I see a lot of what they believe and practise to be heresy. Not that I'm about to start violently attacking anyone, that's just ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You're going to have to elaborate. As far as I was aware a Coptic Christian is simply a Christian who is Egyptian?

Sure

Today, there is a small population of Coptic Christians remaining in Alexandria, but most are located elsewhere. Estimates of the current population of the Coptic Church range from 10 million to 60 million members worldwide. Theologically, Coptic Christianity is very similar to Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy. They profess to be genuine followers of Jesus Christ and a part of His worldwide Church. But, as with Catholicism, they tend to emphasize meritorious works in salvation along with liturgical ritual rather than salvation through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

www.gotquestions.org...

As a Catholic, I've been to Coptic mass and it is pretty much the same thing. Same goes for High Anglican mass and Orthodox mass. The oldest churches have almost identical belief systems (although the Ethiopian orthodox are very different and extremely fascinating)

The only thing that makes Roman Catholicism what it is, is the Vatican in Rome. Actual doctrine is so similar it is to the point of splitting hairs once you remove the hierarchy from it and other original churches.
edit on 19-9-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

"There is an Anti-Christ agenda in the media, in the political field, and even in the hearts and minds of some regular people."

Then where did You get Your info? Would You classify Your source as being 'media' ? if so, does this source provide info that is un-biased? Are there any other sources reporting on this story so Us readers can get another angle?

I read somewhere that "Freedom of Speech is now illegal in the UK!" is this also a fact? If so, how are You getting away with this?

I'd also add that any religion™ has NO BUSINESS in politics. 2 Yangs don't make a 'right'

I'll take My answers on the air.

Thank You

Lame comment full of general backhandedness. That's as far as I'm willing to address your 'concerns'.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Who are you to judge what us the correct / incorrect set of beliefs ? One persons faith can be just as strong as the next persons. Does having so strong a set of convictions to the point where you negate all others' faiths make you any less of an extremist just because you stop short of actual bodily harm?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat

Who are you to judge what us the correct / incorrect set of beliefs ? One persons faith can be just as strong as the next persons. Does having so strong a set of convictions to the point where you negate all others' faiths make you any less of an extremist just because you stop short of actual bodily harm?

I use scripture to make this judgement, not my own volition or some sort of egotistic joy ride on a whim. You can call me a zealot sure, but not an extremist because the latter simply isn't true.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Sure

Today, there is a small population of Coptic Christians remaining in Alexandria, but most are located elsewhere. Estimates of the current population of the Coptic Church range from 10 million to 60 million members worldwide. Theologically, Coptic Christianity is very similar to Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy. They profess to be genuine followers of Jesus Christ and a part of His worldwide Church. But, as with Catholicism, they tend to emphasize meritorious works in salvation along with liturgical ritual rather than salvation through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

www.gotquestions.org...

As a Catholic, I've been to Coptic mass and it is pretty much the same thing. Same goes for High Anglican mass and Orthodox mass. The oldest churches have almost identical belief systems (although the Ethiopian orthodox are very different and extremely fascinating)

The only thing that makes Roman Catholicism what it is, is the Vatican in Rome. Actual doctrine is so similar it is to the point of splitting hairs once you remove the hierarchy from it and other original churches.

Actually in terms of doctrine there are many differences between the two. (Catholics vs Protestants)

To get into an in depth debate over this would derail the thread though but I love a theological debate so feel free to PM me.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

How do you know that your collection of holy words is correct ?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

It's disgusting anyways.

Let's stop looking at the past.

Four million Muslims have died since 1990

I am pretty sure that Christianity cannot match those numbers.

War is bad, War is immoral. Let's stop the who has had more casualties pissing contest and focus on making the middle east safe for middle easterns.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join