It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who benefits from the chaos in Syria?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So Assad is this secular dictator who is backed by Iran and Russia and who used chemical weapons on his populace. Surrounding arab states (Saudi Arabia, Jordan, etc.) want him out. Saudis and Qataris are apparently interested in existing and potential gas pipelines through Syria. Putin apparently wants the opposite. The west wants him out too. ISIS are super-extremist Sunnis who, out of the blue, have taken over much of Syria and are waging genocide on many of its peoples. It remains a mystery who (if anyone) is behind ISIS. Is ISIS secretly funded by Saudi Arabia? Many ISIS warriors are Saudis. Are they there to take Syria away from Iranian influence and to take down Assad? On on the other hand, Saudi Arabia is part of the coalition fighting ISIS. Everyone seems to want ISIS out, including the West, Putin, Assad, Turkey, Jordan, etc. and yet they keep expanding and growing. Furthermore, is the conflict between Al-Qaeda and ISIS real? Are there groups of moderate Sunni battling against ISIS? Why do arab gulf states refuse to take in any refugees and applaud millions of them migrating to Europe? Is this actually Iran and Saudi Arabia waging a proxy war in Syria? Should Assad be backed or taken down?

If the last paragraph confused you, thats because this mess IS confusing beyond belief. My own approach would be that both ISIS and Assad are taken out by a coalition including as many countries as possible. I don't see why the U.S. and Russia can't work together in these regards. Once both are taken out and order restored in Syria, the people should get to vote their own leaders. But with Russia and the U.S. opposing each other and Iran and Saudi Arabia strongly opposing each other, its difficult to imagine that kind of solution.

Or what if we don't intervene at all and let them all fight it out? But that could cause an even greater refugee crisis as well as a threat to surrounding countries. Or it could cause Putin to take full control of Syria through a puppet Government.

Does ANYONE have any idea what is going on here? Is all this part of a larger agenda? I`m fairly impartial toward all the parties involved. I`d just like to see the Syrian people live in peace and have the liberty to choose their own destiny.

edit on 2015 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

NoBody... Body is highlighted to represent the Soul, the Ones who keep wanting war that is paid for by other's money and blood have no Soul and 'they' are the only ones that benefit.

The Big E also plays part, Ego and Economics.

namaste

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It is in Russia's best interests to keep perpetual turmoil going.

Right now, Gazprom is the major natural gas supplier to Europe.

Any pipeline coming from the Middle East to Europe is a multi-billion dollar threat to Gazprom.

Qatar/Saudi want their pipeline project, and Iran-Iraq-Syria want theirs.

Russia wants neither.

edit on Sep-19-2015 by xuenchen because: *____ -0-

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wolfowitz. They are still following his plan.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Its all about the data and when it comes to the middle east there is no shortage of it to throw into the mix . One interview I read lately did help dispel some of the confusion I had .

The Saker: I will begin with a historical question. Many years ago I had the privilege to work with a most interesting Syrian lawyer whose father had been an influential Syrian personality. Here is what this friend of mine told me one day:

Arab nationalism in general, and Baathism in particular, was the creation of the European Masonic elites who used their local Masonic brethren to stir up various kinds of nationalisms, including artificially created one such as the anti-Syrian Lebanese nationalism. The main purpose of this plan was to prevent the emergence of a common Arab identity, especially a Muslim-Arab one. By stirring up local nationalisms the European colonial powers were implementing the old “divide and rule” policy. Furthermore, by putting Baathists into power, the Europeans could make sure that the nationalist Arab leaders would be secular and pliable to Europeans demands thanks to the Masonic backchannels of communication and pressure.
Is this summary correct? Is the Baathist version of Arab nationalism really a Masonic ploy to keep control over the Middle-East? Is it true that while Michel Aflaq was nominally a Greek Orthodox Christian, that in reality he was a Freemason?

Ghassan Kadi: Quite frankly, I find your friend’s statement both inaccurate and charged.
thesaker.is...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

Does ANYONE have any idea what is going on here? Is all this part of a larger agenda? I`m fairly impartial toward all the parties involved. I`d just like to see the Syrian people live in peace and have the liberty to choose their own destiny.

Here's a couple theories:

Making the World Safe for Banksters: Syria in the Cross-hairs

Competing Gas Pipelines Are Fueling The Syrian War & Migrant Crisis

I tend to think all wars are bankster wars, including Syria.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So according to a couple of the answers thus far, its about economic benefits (gas pipelines) as well as arab-muslim conquest or opposing that conquest. In any case, its strange how everyone wants ISIS out but they continue to expand.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
No one wins. This is the perpetuation of Muslim on Muslim violence and conflict. It keeps the Middle East ignorant, uneducated and undeveloped. Such an environment is necessary for the few who use religion as the means to control. The warring parties are Sunni and #e.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wahhabis and Zionists.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

So Assad is this secular dictator who is backed by Iran and Russia and who used chemical weapons on his populace.

I don't think it was ever proved that Assad used chemical weapons on his people, in fact most of the evidence points towards the US backed rebels using them.

UN says rebels used chemical weapons

UN blames Syrian rebels again

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's funny isn't it.Remember when Kerry was trying to rally support for a Syrian invasion because of Assad allegedly using chemical weapons on his people.When asked what can Syria do to avoid an invasion, Kerry put his foot in it by saying they can give up their chemical weapons and Putin called his bluff.Then,magically, ISIS turned up and eventually led to the current migrant crisis.Kerry is now in the UK discussing how to deal with the problem(how odd). In his interview with John Snow it didn't take long for him to start spewing his propaganda against Assad, even though it was supposed to be about how to work with the Russian forces to fight ISIS. I said they were determined to get into Syria no matter what and I was right.Iraq invasion was based on a lie.The Afghanistan invasion was based on a lie.The Libia invasion was based on a lie and now this.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

If Assad is taken out who is going to take over Syria, the same group that took over Libya ?

Your idea is very naïve and its not clear what Assad did in Syria with all the Western propaganda that is against him for Israel’s sake and the plot to destabilize 7 Arab countries and Iran.

edit on 19-9-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Wahhabis and Zionists.

Satan and Iblis

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

1. Qatar wants their natural gas pipeline proposal to Europe instead of the Iranian pipeline that Assad accepted. The rebels they support are also going after the Kurdish people. That's partially because the Iranian pipeline would've gone through Kurdish land in Iraq & Syria and because their Turkish allies hate the Kurdish groups.

2. The GCC has an economic war against Iran. So they're trying to take down Iran's ally, Assad which will hurt Iran.

3. The hardcore Wahhabi leaders in Saudi Arabia & Qatar have a blood feud with Shia Islam, so they're attacking Assad & his supporters. Assad's an Alawite, which are generally considered a branch of Shia Islam (though some denominations don't accept Alawites as Shiites).

4. Israel hates both Assad & Iran, so crushing both of them is beneficial to Israel. Assad supports Hezbollah, Syria occupied Lebanon for a long time, and Syria & Israel are major enemies. The Golan Heights, which Israel has occupied since the 1967 War, are technically Syrian territory. Syria also had a chemical weapons program to counter Israel's chemical & nuclear weapons programs. This is why Israel & the West accepted Assad's forfeiting of his chemical weapons in Putin's deal.

5. Turkey hates the Kurdish people. The Kurdish people (mostly Sunnis) have been fighting for independence from Turkey for decades. The Kurdish people are trying to regain their homeland Kurdistan, which is in northern Iraq, northeast Syria, and southwest Turkey. Turkey is adamant against an independent Kurdistan, even if it's only located in former Syrian and/or Iraqi territory. Turkey's "anti-ISIS" airstrikes are actually aimed mostly at the Kurdish people. For the record, this is also why Saddam Hussein massacred Kurdish people during his war against Iran (the Kurds were trying to get independence from Iraq).

6. The West supports Israel, the GCC (because of the petrodollar), and Turkey (an important NATO ally & potential EU member). Assad's an ally of Iran, ally of Russia (the West's Cold War enemy), and enemy of Israel. Oh, and Assad's political party is the Ba'ath Party, the same party as Saddam Hussein! Saddam's Iraq & Syria were major allies too, so it's no surprise that the West is against him.

7. Russia & Iran both have military & business interests in Syria, so obviously they're going to support Syria to an extant.

8. Lebanon's Hezbollah is aggressively against the Wahhabi extremist groups, particularly ISIS. Hezbollah is also mostly Shiite, which is why the Saudi & Qatari backed groups hate them.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot something. Europe wants access to new natural gas supplies so they won't be so dependent on Russian energy. Qatar's pipeline would've been perfect since Qatari oil & natural gas are always going to be denominated in USD. Russia clearly doesn't want the Qatari or Iranian natural gas pipelines to supply Europe because that will mess with its energy exports. That's also why Russia's working on several more pipelines that bypass Ukraine, including one that will take its supplies to Turkey & Greece. The US wants to crush Russia economically and reducing Russian energy exports would help tremendously with this.

The point I'm making is simple. People are conditioned to think our politicians are stupid but that's simply not true. They're absolute geniuses when it comes to power moves. They divert our attention from the real issues by provoking our pettiness, especially through wedge issues & false scandals.
edit on 19-9-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added something. i could go on for hours about this but i wont unless you pay me. muahahaha!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Rewind to the Arab spring - who started that? Personally I am unsure if it was a popular uprising that swept through the middle East, or if international governments funded some agitator groups.

As for Syria - ISIS grew out of Northern Iraq and spilled across the border. There is an ethnicity known as the kurds that sits roughly within the ISIS held territory that were left without country of their own when the middle east was carved up by the British. They have been trying to overthrow power for a very long time in both countries. (They are the ones whom Saddam Hussein used chemical weapons on when he was in power) As they are proving, they are a fairly crazy and blood thirsty bunch.

See below for a picture of the middle east in 1944 - Syria is (was) a conglomerate nation formed out of British and French territory.

The other assorted factions - that is where our taxes are going. The US and it's coalition have come up with this really clever (not) idea that if we fund even more agittator groups that hate both Assad and ISIS we won't have to do any fighting on the ground ourselves. Except that it has failed miserably. As your map shows, we now simply have a splintered nation that is worse off than humpty dumpty when he fell off the wall.

Since Russia is the first outsider showing that it is prepared to put boots on the ground there, I say we follow Putin's lead. Restore Assad to power and transition him out once the war is over. That is what Putin's master plan is apparently and if everyone follows through I agree with it. The first thing Syria desperately needs is order out of the chaos.
edit on 19-9-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Wahhabis and Zionists.

Satan and Iblis

Iblis said he would whisper into the hearts of men...

He didn't say anything about raping, pillaging or bombing children.

They'd love to blame the Djinn for their own abhorrent behaviour on judgement day.
Can't see the Creator buying into it though.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Wahhabis and Zionists.

Satan and Iblis

They'd love to blame the Djinn for their own abhorrent behaviour on judgement day.

The whisper begins with pride as being one thing and ends with rape!

Ethnocentric bigotry has the bible telling the Hebrews to rape the Philistine woman

“Those who write the scripture with their own hands and say “Allah revealed this”

Read all of the Quran

edit on 19-9-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Wahhabis and Zionists.

Satan and Iblis

The evil in Syria started in the hearts of men. I saw for myself a very similar thing in the former Yugoslavia in 1993. The pure hatred that people can have for one another within a single nation is mind boggling.

My heart really goes out to the people of Syria because everything I have seen of pre-war Syria shows a peaceful nation where religious harmony prevailed. I am aware that Assad's regime was pretty stealthy and 'disappeared' trouble makers, but if this is what he was trying to prevent by doing so, I can't say that I entirely blame him.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

The “Arab spring” was the culmination of a BLACK OPERATION to destabilize the “ARAB STREET” into rebellion.

What you people don’t realize is that the Arabs, having never had any democratic institutions, don’t have any choice but to rely on Islamic roots against the secular Arab governments all against Israel, therefore they have no stability or choice but to rely on the Jihadist…that's all they know.

The Western psychological operators know this and know they can easily destabilize the Arabs into destruction.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I have Will and I implore you to take it into context...

What Allah wills is destined...right?

So that must mean what is happening in Syria is Allah's bidding...
And we shouldn't even complain about it...

Or we could take it into context just like we should with Iblis' assertion that he would corrupt men...
We have no idea of the cosmic interchanges between Allah & Iblis in he past few millennia...

& to scapegoat Iblis for this is as bad as saying it's the will of Allah for these people to suffer.
Both would be a lie.
In my humble opinion.

edit on 19-9-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Elaboration.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join