It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free energy at last (well, $1.40 / MEGAwatt)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I wasn't even going to get into that argument. There are several flaws with the OP's post, I just chose the most obvious one.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: b3l13v3

And just as all the other items that are over 20% efficient are thrown out the window, so will this. It is the nature of big corporation to murder, slaughter, bribe and blackmail all those who challenge their status quo.

This is nonsense. The only really inefficient power systems we use is petrol, but that started because it was cheap, abundant, and now we have huge infrastructure dedicated to it.

That and solar power, which up until recently had horrible efficiency, yet, still got major funding from governments, environmentalist groups, etc

The Powerwall is an entirely different argument since it doesnt provide any power itself, merely stores it. He had no problem challenging the status quo once, if its a good idea it will take off but there's downsides to everything. And again, you are looking at substantial initial costs for most people. There are plenty of options already out there to reduce home energy costs, heating/cooling, solar, etc

Most Turbine systems are ~70% efficient. So I have no idea what you're talking about. As for something that counters the status quo, look at Tesla Motors. Albeit many hurtles were faced simply because of the high cost of batteries, a problem that plagued that sector for ages.

Your tinpot conspiracy theory doesnt really hold up.
edit on 20-9-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rolci
Funny to note how the idea came to him in a dream - very similar to how Descartes founded all of modern science. Terence McKenna summarizes it pretty well:

"...on the night of September 16th, Descartes had a dream and in this dream an angel appeared to him, this is documented by his own hand, and the angel said to Descartes, "The conquest of nature is to be achieved through measure and number." And that revelation lay the basis for modern science.

Those dream angels... they have formed our world.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Funny - Humanity never gets credit, always some invisible being that "gives" us the ideas....

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
a reply to: b3l13v3

And just as all the other items that are over 20% efficient are thrown out the window, so will this. It is the nature of big corporation to murder, slaughter, bribe and blackmail all those who challenge their status quo.

This is nonsense. The only really inefficient power systems we use is petrol, but that started because it was cheap, abundant, and now we have huge infrastructure dedicated to it.

That and solar power, which up until recently had horrible efficiency, yet, still got major funding from governments, environmentalist groups, etc

The Powerwall is an entirely different argument since it doesnt provide any power itself, merely stores it. He had no problem challenging the status quo once, if its a good idea it will take off but there's downsides to everything. And again, you are looking at substantial initial costs for most people. There are plenty of options already out there to reduce home energy costs, heating/cooling, solar, etc

Most Turbine systems are ~70% efficient. So I have no idea what you're talking about. As for something that counters the status quo, look at Tesla Motors. Albeit many hurtles were faced simply because of the high cost of batteries, a problem that plagued that sector for ages.

Your tinpot conspiracy theory doesn't really hold up.
really? gasoline has the most energy density of any substance we currently have use of. there is nothing else that won't kill you, your family, your friends, their dog and the planet that is better that we actually have at a useable levels now.
edit on 20-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Kerosene (aka Diesel, Jet fuel, Rocket fuel) is just a little bit better, but yes, your point is true.

If some extraterrestrial ET which knew laws of physics was given the periodic table and the temperature & pressure and other physical facts of the Earth and tasked with designing a convenient, economical and relatively safe transportable energy storage, he/she/it would come up with something pretty close to gasoline and kerosene.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

Actually I bet that Descartes knew that, it was all his own ideas, but in his time claiming it came from a mystical dream from God would get more traction and less complaints than "I have an opinion".

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Really? gasoline has the most energy density of any substance we currently have use of. there is nothing else that won't kill you, your family, your friends, their dog and the planet that is better that we actually have at a useable levels now.

Well, except for Kreosine, Propane, Butane, Diesel & Methane, all which are commercially used as power sources, not to mention nuclear, but sure?

I forgot the point you were making...
edit on 21-9-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rolci
Well, that's how our glorious science works nowadays, the 4 stages of reaction by science, as Clarke explained it:
1: 'It's nonsense,'
2: 'It is not important,'
3: 'I always said it was a good idea,' and
4: 'I thought of it first.

What are you talking about??? In my opinion, it would be very beneficial if you learn first thing, two about scientific method before using Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy as suggestion how it should work...

* Ask a Question.
* Do Background Research.
* Construct a Hypothesis.
* Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment.
* Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion.
* Communicate Your Results.

As you can see, it is very simple method and helps prevent frauds and claims that are close, but just unable to create experiment and support wanted conclusion... like this one here...
edit on 21-9-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

My understanding was the rest of input energy comes from solar interactions with the ionosphere and other natural processes. (Not free as in coming from nothing, but free in relative terms of cost - like solar.) However that's all random. I think it was a manner of getting all that to go at the same beat frequency so it could be more easily tapped by a coil. Left completely alone it goes back to random though. So it's not without some kind of maintenance to keep it going.

I think the "sloshing bathtub" analogy isn't too far off though, you don't need to put much in at a given moment to really get it going longer term. Yes, it also takes time to build up, but since it can be tapped more easily once it does build up that smaller amount of energy being put in over time shouldn't exactly be counted as a loss.

I suppose another analogy is there's a big fat capacitor full of charge already there, but as it is it discharges randomly. Might be useful if you can put an oscillator on it and make it work in a controlled manner.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

I believe you mean "Wardencliffe". and it was New York.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Solar is not free in terms of cost. It can be much cheaper, but certainly not close to free.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

No matter how much you slosh the bathtub, there's never as much in there as you added. There's never any extra. Resonance isn't magic.

Also, Tesla didn't believe there WAS an ionosphere so he wouldn't have designed anything to use it.

And no sort of signal is going to put more or less charge on the ionosphere. Since the sun emits a more or less neutral particle flux, if any net charge were to accumulate, it would quickly be neutralized.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Get a BIG A*** Welfare check and food stamps, but between both of them, you can only use 1/8 in two hours... Internet's slow, so takes time to pay bills and the fridge is only "so" big.

And you have no where else to save what you can't use in those 2 hours so ALL LEFT OVERS go away.

What are you left with?

edit on 25-9-2015 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, the idea has been patented in the US, just needs sponsors now, maybe raising awareness. Would help if the articles were tweeted and shared to environmentalist groups and be petitioned with, if not governments, then local councils, it's a simple build and supplies a whole county.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
4 months on, I wonder where the project is. Last time they were waiting for sponsors and funding. I recall he wanted to build one in his own oblast (county) to supply (almost) free energy to all households there.

Now my question is, right now all the households in his county are forking out large sums each month to pay energy bills. Why don't they just contribute say $5 per household, even that must me like a $1.000.000, looking at the picture of what it's supposed to be, surely it wouldn't cost that much. Also shouldn't take too long to build, you can build a house in a week.

Another thing is, I realize that the device is patented. I may be wrong, doesn't that mean that if anyone else builds it, the rights owner CAN sue? Surely if he has all the good intentions, he should just post the blueprints and give permission to everyone to build a small version to supply their own city, surely councils should be embracing the idea?

Should have spread all over the planet by now, what's going on?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

The young inventor proposes to produce electricity from the air – or, rather, from the atmosphere using artificial ionized clouds generated by a strong electric field of an ionizing tower.

Lmao, so basically he wants to set up a HARRP type of transmitter to ionize clouds and then tap electricity from them? So essentially he wants to create some sort of artificial lightening if I understand this correctly.

Having won the national stage of the Intel ISEF 2015 international competition for scientific and technical creativity of schoolchildren, Samuil Kruhliak, 10th-grade student from Oleksandria (Kirovohrad oblast), had earned his entry to the Genius Olympics that was held in Oswego, NY from 14 to 19 June. And he took advantage of his opportunity to see the world and be seen to the fullest, winning the bronze prize and outsmarting two thousand young inventors from around the world.

Kruhliak’s project is named “Getting electricity from the atmosphere.” The young inventor proposes to produce electricity from the air – or, rather, from the atmosphere using artificial ionized clouds generated by a strong electric field of an ionizing tower. An estimated, one kilowatt of electricity will cost as much as 0.03 hryvnias. According to the boy, he saw his invention in a dream when he was in the eighth grade. After two years of research, the teachers of Junior Academy of Sciences Svitlana Piskova and Serhii Kaminsky helped to implement this project.

www.day.kiev.ua...

Here's another source, easier to read imho,

A boy from Kirovohrad Oblast becomes the third genius at US Genius Olympiad

Samuil Kruhliak from Oleksandria city (Kirovohrad oblast) won bronze medal at Genius Olympiad held in Oswego, NY, USA. The Ukrainian was rewarded for his project Atmospheric Electricity Generation (generating energy by artificial ionized cloud wit hthe help of strong electric field radiated by ionized tower).

Svitlana Piskova, research advisor on scientific-technical creativity and innovations and eco safety technologies at Minor Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, is sure that if Samuil’s device is launched Kirovohrad Oblast will be supplied with cheap energy for 82%.

www.kyivpost.com...

I like the sounds of the last section I bolded. At least someone is taking it seriously. I'm sure the US would nix this idea fast if it came to fruition here.

edit on 16-1-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I have been waiting for years to see if the boy's invention was going to take off or not, no news for years, I really thought he had been shut down and silenced. Then today I checked again and found news from 3 months ago!

www.slavorum.org...

So basically 4 years on and still (almost) nothing. Well, at least now they have an actual plan. Do I understand correctly, does his tower satisfy the energy demands of an entire county?

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Rolci

What a nice, positive, and uplifting thread here.

Thanks OP -- it was a great way to start the day!

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I can't find a thing about the young scientist or this theory since the original dates of excitement when this was first put out. Another big fail I guess.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join