It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free energy at last (well, $1.40 / MEGAwatt)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
English article - www.day.kiev.ua...

Further reading for use with google translate or similar - fakty.ua...

Funny to note how the idea came to him in a dream - very similar to how Descartes founded all of modern science. Terence McKenna summarizes it pretty well:

"...on the night of September 16th, Descartes had a dream and in this dream an angel appeared to him, this is documented by his own hand, and the angel said to Descartes, "The conquest of nature is to be achieved through measure and number." And that revelation lay the basis for modern science. Rene Descartes is the founder of the distinction between the res verins and the res extensia, the founder of modern science, the founder of the scientific method that created the philosophical engines that created the modern world. How many scientists, working at their workbenches, understand that an angel chartered modern science?..."

www.youtube.com...

Also same as with Mendeleev and the table of elements, and the list goes on.

Also the boy was told by all the physicists around him how impossible it was for his invention to work. Imagine what he had to go through until the realization of his dream, which he himslelf didn't even understand at the time! Kind of reminds me of the story of the EM drive. Well, that's how our glorious science works nowadays, the 4 stages of reaction by science, as Clarke explained it: 1: 'It's nonsense,' 2: 'It is not important,' 3: 'I always said it was a good idea,' and 4: 'I thought of it first. That, instead of doing it like Douglas Adams (remember, author of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) suggests:

"See first, think later, then test. But always see first. Otherwise you will only see what you were expecting. Most scientists forget that."

Try that, and we will have EM drives, free energy from clouds, and ideas like that multiply like mushrooms. Dear "Scientists" ! Stop saying it's impossible.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rolci

The fact that you think that Physicists have told him it is impossible shows that you or the writers of the article don't actually understand the science or engineering.

Note that the bankrolling for this project is coming from "a laboratory of minor sciences in Kiev". Science is right behind it.

I can see nothing impossible at all about utilizing a difference in electrical potential over distances. The idea of creating an ion cloud to enhance conductivity is novel and achievable.

In February 1996, NASA deployed a 20 kilometer cable (tether) in space to generate electricity using a similar idea. The tether experiment was a success, in that the expected current was produced, but the tether broke before it had been fully deployed.

I'm sorry but the writers of the article are either not qualified to make comment or they are using hyperbole and you have misunderstood it to be literal.

Just because the idea came to the boy in a dream does not mean it was "given" to him. Our imagination and visualization capabilities are essential in engineering and design. Without the ability to visualize some unrealized goal, nothing would ever be built.

edit on 18/9/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
And just as all the other items that are over 20% efficient are thrown out the window, so will this. It is the nature of big corporation to murder, slaughter, bribe and blackmail all those who challenge their status quo.

When will we all say enough is enough? The entire WORLD should be crowd sourcing and getting ideas like this off the ground. It should be MANDATORY that obsolete power generation devices are DISCONTINUED and replaced with things as practical and simple as Elon Musk's Powerwall and outfitted across the PLANET for a healthy, non-environment polluting twenty first century.

When will we say enough is enough and overthrow these tyrants that are running the entire planet? Hm? WHEN?

They will not simply leave office or their places of power. They must be forced out one way or another.
edit on 18-9-2015 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rolci

I don't know if I like the idea of leaching ions from the atmosphere.

What if the world needs electrical storms and the atmosphere needs ionization!?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It would be a lot more convincing if the article writers could get energy and power straight.

Hint: I have a 9V battery in a drawer over there that can supply you a megawatt, with appropriate external componentry.

What a breakthrough! A megawatt from a small, cheap battery! Must be quantum, with fields!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I sounds to me like this guy is the new Tesla, lets just hope someone can get it off the ground so to speak. However I doubt it, you think the world has money problems now, well that will be nothing to what will happen if this dose take off.

Don’t get me wrong we have to go through it but it will be a tough ride.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
It would be a lot more convincing if the article writers could get energy and power straight.

Hint: I have a 9V battery in a drawer over there that can supply you a megawatt, with appropriate external componentry.

What a breakthrough! A megawatt from a small, cheap battery! Must be quantum, with fields!

Made me laugh.
With either situation, the battery won't last long.

What they need to be looking for is sustained energy output over an period of time.

For instance, my 12V motorcycle battery is rated 14 Amp/Hour. That means it can deliver 14A @ 12V for 1 Hour before the charge depletes too much to be useful. Calculating that out for Watts, the battery can deliver 168W/Hour.
Now let's say we only need 7A @ 12V, then the rating jumps to 336W/Hour.

If you only need that power for one minute = 20,160W is available.

Only need that for one second? 1,209,600 Watts can be had!

... one-tenth second? 12,096,000 Watts! ... act now!!!

... 1A instead of 7? 8,467,200 Watts!!!!!!!!!

... 0.1A instead of 1A? 84,672,000 Watts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

80 Mega-Watts for $25, so that works out to over 3.3 Mega-Watts for $1.00.

But wait!!! There's more!!!!

Only need 3V instead of 12V? 13.5 Mega-Watts for $1.00.

Energy crisis solved. Motorcycle* batteries and voltage converters** save the world!

Buy yours now!!!
Cold fusion not required.

* Automotive battery provides 10-100 times the performance.
** Some assembly with special circuitry and components required.

These claims have not been reviewed nor approved by any cold-fusion researcher. Do your own due-diligence and proceed at your own risk.

edit on 18-9-2015 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I thought Benjamin Franklin worked this out a while ago?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

The young inventor proposes to produce electricity from the air – or, rather, from the atmosphere using artificial ionized clouds generated by a strong electric field of an ionizing tower.

Lmao, so basically he wants to set up a HARRP type of transmitter to ionize clouds and then tap electricity from them? So essentially he wants to create some sort of artificial lightening if I understand this correctly.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Details are sparse.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

The young inventor proposes to produce electricity from the air – or, rather, from the atmosphere using artificial ionized clouds generated by a strong electric field of an ionizing tower.

Lmao, so basically he wants to set up a HARRP type of transmitter to ionize clouds and then tap electricity from them? So essentially he wants to create some sort of artificial lightening if I understand this correctly.

Didn't Tesla do something along those lines with his Colorado Springs lab? Never got fully completed, as the backers then didn't like the idea of giving away power for free either. (Not sure on exact specifics, but Tesla's idea was about resonance. One station would pump energy into the ionosphere, and once at a certain state there was a lot more power available to tap out with antennas than that put in.)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

Resonance doesn't give you more out than you put in.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

a reply to: pauljs75

Resonance doesn't give you more out than you put in.

The scammers pushing the QEG do not believe that!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Hey, it's a "magic" word like field, quantum, energy, frequency and whatnot.

If you say it, people believe anything. It's sort of Harry Potterian. Instead of 'obliviate', you say 'resonate'.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Free energy for the masses would usher in a new era, but dont expect too much along those lines that way you wont be dissapointed when we get zero.

We need to reform our civilization as out current models arent sustainable.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Free energy for the masses would usher in a new era, but dont expect too much along those lines that way you wont be dissapointed when we get zero.

Well, considering there isn't any 'free energy', I would be really surprised if you got anything BUT zero.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Well, considering there isn't any 'free energy', I would be really surprised if you got anything BUT zero.

Well I am expecting zero so I wont be suprised when we get zero lololol!
edit on 19-9-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The difference between free energy and $1.40 / MEGAwatt is that one costs $1.40 / MEGAwatt and the other is impossible.
edit on 19-9-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Except $1.40/MW isn't a unit. Megawatt is a power unit.

To make it an energy unit, you need a time.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: b3l13v3
And just as all the other items that are over 20% efficient are thrown out the window, so will this. It is the nature of big corporation to murder, slaughter, bribe and blackmail all those who challenge their status quo.

When will we all say enough is enough? The entire WORLD should be crowd sourcing and getting ideas like this off the ground. It should be MANDATORY that obsolete power generation devices are DISCONTINUED and replaced with things as practical and simple as Elon Musk's Powerwall and outfitted across the PLANET for a healthy, non-environment polluting twenty first century.

When will we say enough is enough and overthrow these tyrants that are running the entire planet? Hm? WHEN?

They will not simply leave office or their places of power. They must be forced out one way or another.

Elon Musk's/ Tesla Powerwall does not produce any power at all.

All it does is store power generated elsewhere. IE solar, wind, Grid, ECT, ECT,

Anyone that calls Elon Musk's/ Tesla Powerwall a power generator is in the need of going back to school and learning what they missed in high school and/or collage.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join