It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elaborate Media Hoax: 14 Year Old Arrested for Bringing Clock to School

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JRCrowley

originally posted by: ghostrager

If this isn't a completely fabricated propaganda piece, I don't know what is.

Wow. Just wow. Some of you guys are reading way too much into this.

You need to understand the fundamentals: Some Americans really are so stupid that they would believe some little brown kid would bring a bomb into a school. Yes. It's true.

Some Americans have extremely high levels of ignorance and stupidity. Yes, some Americans really are that stupid.

And now the stunningly stupid Sarah Palin comes out and says the kid was asking for it bringing his stupid clock to school. I'm seriously starting to think America will literally implode upon itself with the amount of stupidity floating around in the country. It's getting that bad.

Just learn to accept the truth. "Deny Ignorance"? Get it?

Where do you live? Life is not so simple anymore! people have reason to be afraid and wary, people are even shot by unknowns while driving or walking, there are threats high and low!

See our 2013-14 school year study of more 300 violent threats to schools which found more than 1/3 of the threats delivered by social media and other electronic forms

A January, 1999, explosion in a high school locker in Kansas City sent 11 students to the hospital.

An irate parent took the deputy superintendent and an associate superintendent of a California education office hostage in late November of 1998. The standoff resulted in police killing the parent, who had a gun and seven bomb devices as a part of his siege.

Ten bombs, fireworks strapped to aerosol cans, forced the closure of a California elementary school.
One Maryland school district experienced more than 150 bomb threats and 55 associated arrests in one school year.

Up to a pound of ammonium nitrate was brought to school by a Nevada middle-school student.

Eight boys confessed to making three homemade bombs, two of which were placed at a Minnesota elementary school.

The attack at Columbine High School triggered bomb threats and attention to the need for school and police officials to assess threats versus automatically evacuating as a best practice.

www.schoolsecurity.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

yes and the kid admitted in the video he secured the case with a strap to make it look less suspicious.....therefore he knew it COULD and most likely WOULD look suspicious. That proves premeditation and it matters not if he was aware there is a hoax bomb law on the books in texas. I knew certain things were stupid and reckless when i was 5, to say nothing of when i was 14. if this kid is as smart as some people claim he most certainly knew what he was doing.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JRCrowley

originally posted by: ghostrager

If this isn't a completely fabricated propaganda piece, I don't know what is.

Wow. Just wow. Some of you guys are reading way too much into this.

There is a huge throbbing fear center in the right wings collective consciousness these days...This 14 year old boy is just another operative of the Presidents secret plot to institute Sharia Law!

I would comment on how morally bankrupt you have to be to start attacking children just cuz you can't stomach the slightest sympathy for someone with a different skin color or religion.. But really..what's the point?

Vitriol and intolerance is the anchor that is sinking the right wing...They are loud, but shriveling.

It would be refreshing to see some old fashioned conservatives participate in the national discussion again.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Where do you live? Life is not so simple anymore! people have reason to be afraid and wary, people are even shot by unknowns while driving or walking, there are threats high and low!

You should run for office
You show the promise of a great fear salesman.
edit on 19-9-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I am not saying that he was trying to build an actual device. Just relaying some information from someone with experience in the field.

That said, are you saying that it's impossible to build an IED in a case that size?
edit on 19-9-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Mass killings are on the increase but violence as a whole as well as the total number of victims are way down. Last year was a record low for per capita violent crime (which is also why the narrative this year is it's spiking, because it's higher than the 50 year low point). Statistically you've never been safer than you are right now.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

creating a lampoon out a legitimate issue is anti intellectual, disingenuous, and an insult to those who are tasked with keeping the most innocent and helpless members of society safe, our children. Yeah, because there are OTHER children too....maybe you should think on that for a minute.

This issue has zero to do with anything other than an inappropriate action by a young person who by his own admission knew his clock looked suspicious. That alone is enough for me to condemn the behavior regardless who perpetrates it.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
This whole thing reaks to lefty hell. And our dear Hussein jumped right up and invited him to the White House!! A kid ate a poptart into a gun shape and was disciplined with little said about it. A Muslim brings half a bomb to school and gets an invite to the White House and college.
We need "V"! Or Batman, Superman, someone to pull us out of the mind melt that used to be the USA.

What exactly constitutes 'half a bomb??' LOL!
edit on 19-9-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

A kid ate a poptart into a gun shape and was disciplined with little said about it.

Sounds like he made half a gun...what do you expect?? Lol

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ghostrager

Yeahhh! Lets belittle the kid that got arrested some more!

It has never been about how good the clock really was, thought I bet most people talking it down couldn't replicate it.

There's nothing to replicate you twonk. Try reading the story. The kid and/or his dad took the guts from a 70's alarm clock, scewed them into a box and headed off into the sunset to get some fake hate media attention!

Plonker.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

A Muslim brings half a bomb to school and gets an invite to the White House and college.

Help! I've just realised there's half a bomb hanging on the wall in most of the rooms of my house!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasteel

A Muslim brings half a bomb to school and gets an invite to the White House and college.

Help! I've just realised there's half a bomb hanging on the wall in most of the rooms of my house!

Take one down from the wall.
Disassemble it.
Reassemble it in a hard case that looks like luggage.
Try to board a passenger flight at an airport in the US.
The TSA should be able to help you redefine clock.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

The first report I heard of this was that he disassembled an old clock and reassembled it in a new housing. That appears to be an accurate description of what he did. The incident is certainly not a hoax. The question is: if the school administrators genuinely thought it was a bomb, why didn't they evacuate the building and call in the bomb squad?

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I've refrained from commenting on this.

But yes, I do believe this was a stunt.

The kid (and his father) knew what was going to happen. They played the system.

This was not a DIY clock kit that the kid had to solder, and follow intricate directions to build. It was a simple transplant into another case.

I'm an electronics technician by trade. As soon as I saw the picture of the device, I knew what it was, and how he did it. There was no real skill involved. I was doing things like that at 8 years old. If he's such a "smart kid" then he should not be doing this at 14, he should already be beyond that. Plus a "smart kid" would absolutely know not to bring it to school. The fact that he thought about trying to disguise it beforehand tells me he 100% knew what the end result was going to be.

Especially knowing that Americans have a heightened sense of awareness about muslims and bombs. Before you go flaming me over that statement, realize that sadly, this is the world we live in.

Watch Bill Maher's piece on it. One of the panelists talked to the kid by phone, and his sister was listening in and telling him what to say.

youtu.be...

This whole thing is fishy. If you deny that it is, you are blinded by PC nonsense.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I think you're clutching at straws but I agree that clock is not home made, all he did was transplant the components from the old clock into a new case.

Was this intentional, to look like a suitcase with a bomb? I think so, he probably had childish intentions but the media and the hysterical teachers blew it completely out of proportion because he happens to be a brown kid named Ahmed.

Lets call it for what it is, America is deeply prejudiced racists bigoted country (on all sides, black, brown and white) and while everyone proclaims to be the land of the free just remember you are walking on the blood of the people who were native to the land long before any of you arrived there.

Peace.
edit on 20-9-2015 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
People are upset with the school for detaining a Muslim student who brought to school a small box that has clock in it that went off during class and resembles a bomb. Would people be saying the same thing if he tried to get on a plane and TSA pulled him aside and detained him for questioning about the item he wanted to bring on the plane? Eventually schools and airports will get like this thanks to political correctness.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Kid is evidently pretty smart anyway. The original picture from another post, the one with the three USB ports, is listed at the source as a home made router. So, he may not have done much modification of the clock, maybe he's lazy, but he's not a complete fraud. The picture in this OP is the actual clock. We need more kids like this. We've fallen way behind the learning curve compared to other countries, and this is part of the reason why. OTOH, I'm not too bright.

Trying to link the source.

www.dallasnews.com... ool-so-you-tried-to-make-a-bomb.ece

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
We all know the reason why the kid got famous. Its not the clock, It is because he was profiled by his skin colour, his name and his religion.

Remember when racist attacked and killed Sikhs left and right after 9/11 cause the racist retards thought Sikhs are muslim because of the turbans?

It seems that mindset is still alive in many people. heck, the governement taught people to watch out for "terrorist" type of people aftr 9/11, it just that doctrine is still alive in many states, esp the Red ones.

Th kid was profiled so Obama wanted to show that not all of us are the same in the USA, so he invited the kid to WH, so he can use Media and be like "hey see, we are not racist, we appriciate minorities" etc etc.

edit on 9/20/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Having been a mischievous kid, the hoax bomb was the 1st thing to come to my mind, and I'm about as far left wing as they come.

I didn't have the heart to share my thoughts with my GF, who was enjoying her moment. She now understands what really happened. She's only slightly despondent.

It's weird how wrong the press got it. Hmmmmmm. Even MIT was fooled. LOL

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

You should run for office
You show the promise of a great fear salesman.

Weak I left out threats in the middle

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join