It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elaborate Media Hoax: 14 Year Old Arrested for Bringing Clock to School

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: chr0naut

I'm not sure where the picture in the OP of that other thread came from, because the linked source shows the same picture as the sources in this OP.

As to the story, I had felt sorry for the kid, but now that it's obvious that he didn't make or build a damn thing himself, I could care less. The kid's a fraud, at best.

He's 14 years old, you have to start somewhere.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

But it wasn't a suitcase, it was a pencil case. The image the cops released doesn't have any objects in the photo for a sense of scale. That case holds about 6 #2 pencils in it, hardly a suitcase it was the size of a graphing calculator.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I know that it was a pencil case. Apparently about eight inches at it's widest. I'm not defending the actions of the police department by any stretch of the imagination but I am saying that it defies reason to think that it would have never crossed his mind that the completed clock resembled a miniature version of most peoples' idea of a suitcase bomb, complete with timer display.

I'm not calling for this child to be prosecuted either but that doesn't mean I'm going to pretend that there's not obvious cause to suspect that something's amiss here.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

This whole thing reaks to lefty hell. And our dear Hussein jumped right up and invited him to the White House!! A kid ate a poptart into a gun shape and was disciplined with little said about it. A Muslim brings half a bomb to school and gets an invite to the White House and college.

So wait. A clock is half a bomb? Get a grip.

We need "V"! Or Batman, Superman, someone to pull us out of the mind melt that used to be the USA.

Never mind. Getting a grip might prove a bit difficult.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Steve Wozniak spent the night in jail after making a facsimile bomb as a kid.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Your OP doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...Are you claiming the entire incident is a hoax or are you claiming it is a scam perpetrated by Ahemd's father because he is an "activist?"

I don't think someone standing up to hate speech coming from a "man of God" when said hate speech is directly affecting them a reason to label them an activist...At all.

I guess I am just confused by the entire post and what the point of it actually is. If Ahmed was Jewish or Christian or Agnostic, would you still make these same points, or? Why are you questioning a 14 year old kid's intelligence?

The kid is a Science Geek (like me, but I am much older) who built something cool, and brought it to school, to show his friends and teachers. That's it. If he was any race OTHER THAN of Middle Eastern descent, he would've never been arrested, but praised.

It doesn't look like a bomb. It looks like something a 14 year old kid who likes science and electronics would make.

There's enough hate, animosity and ignorance in the world as it is...Why anyone would want to add to it is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: chr0naut

I'm not sure where the picture in the OP of that other thread came from, because the linked source shows the same picture as the sources in this OP.

As to the story, I had felt sorry for the kid, but now that it's obvious that he didn't make or build a damn thing himself, I could care less. The kid's a fraud, at best.

Say's who? The OP?

Deny ignorance...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
He said he built a clock. He didnt. You can be sure hr told the police he wasnt trying to scare others with something that looked like a timing device. Kids lie to get out of trouble and this story is no different. The child is a liar, and a smart ass. He should be explaining his deception in a court of law like the rest of us would have to do

This is probably one of the most ignorant things I have read in my entire life.

He's a "liar?" Says who?

He's a KID for crying out loud!

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Here is a picture of another kid .

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ghostrager

Yeahhh! Lets belittle the kid that got arrested some more!

It has never been about how good the clock really was, thought I bet most people talking it down couldn't replicate it.

Here you go if you want to claim you made one too.
www.amazon.com...
www.ebay.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

And what ethnicity is most known for blowing things up with homemade explosives? Or do you really not know?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This 15 year old African boy built a FM radio tramsmitter. I never saw it on the news.
youtu.be...

A 14 y/o muslim boy takes outs the innards of a clock and puts it into a pencil case, it goes viral, and he's labelled a genius.

Somethings wrong with the world. 😑

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

www.rawstory.com...

Just so some people can see where this thought process is coming form.

The same people that say that the zero tolerance polices are bad are all for them there.

Up to you to spot the reason why.

Petting this kid to much here is not the answer. Kid should know better. At least now that its checked out fine go about your business. But no. Poor little hurt feelings and all with guilt trip libs in tow is going to the White House!

We need to be smart. This could have been a test run. Don't you know that many may now be reluctant to speak up if the see some "science project" coming into class. In a future case a student could come in with something unaware that it could be remotely set off. We have seen parents do this. We have seen 2nd generations folks born and educated here do this. We have no reason to be ashamed of caution and every reason to watch out who seeks to coddle this kid.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Someone really, really needs to find out if this "science project" and bringing it to school was in some sort of official timely context for a science project. Or did the Kid just bring it in for zero reason.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Someone needs to just let the kid have a few hours alone in a local Radio Shack. If he's a genius it should be readily apparent.

If he sits down and play with an RC car because he's bored he's a typical kid that was used as a pawn.

BTW - wires, timer, and casing are 3/5 of a bomb, so more than half

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

a reply to: ghostrager

Yeahhh! Lets belittle the kid that got arrested some more!

It has never been about how good the clock really was, thought I bet most people talking it down couldn't replicate it.

this website is designed to discuss conspiracy theories, this thread is posing a conspiracy theory for discussion, if this hurts your feelings then leave.

if you think this thread is actually only about how good the clock is then you really are missing the mark, if you think this is about the boy then you are still missing the mark, even if you dont wish to entertain potential conspiracy theories regarding this event you still are off the mark if you think this is about the boy, it isnt.

the fact that the clock is a rip off and the boy lied about making it is an evidence point on the greater topic being presented that this is a conspiracy

also discussing that sort of thing IS THE PURPOSE of this very website, so do not sit there posting why you think we should not be discussing conspiracy theories on a conspiracy theory website......

is this what the politically correct mindset has come to? we can enforce a "do not question this" rule on anything that might be offensive to one single kid who shouldnt even be on a site like this anyway?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: visitedbythem

Really? He should be sent to court for lying about making a clock? How about he just gets an F on his project? I think that would be more than enough punishment.
there was no project......

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: visitedbythem
He said he built a clock. He didnt. You can be sure hr told the police he wasnt trying to scare others with something that looked like a timing device. Kids lie to get out of trouble and this story is no different. The child is a liar, and a smart ass. He should be explaining his deception in a court of law like the rest of us would have to do

This is probably one of the most ignorant things I have read in my entire life.

He's a "liar?" Says who?

and as we all know,kids do not lie!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm most interested in his intent. The police probably realized his intent pretty quickly. When asked about clock, did he keep repeating same rehearsed answer or did he seem genuine. I don't know the answer but it might explain his detainment/arrest.
If anyone is interested in his NASA t-shirt, they sell them at Target in mens department. I got one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join