It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Ask Obama To Prosecute Global Warming Skeptics.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
If you read the actual letter about this they are asking him to investigate the organizations and corporations who have created large campaigns about rejecting climate change. The same organizations that have ties to oil and energy companies who they feel are trying to deceive people against climate change for their own profit.

It's not targeting all climate deniers and is actually only asking to investigate them using the RICO act.

Investigate the Freedom of Speech?

Isn't Science supposed to be proven by trying to disprove it's theory?

Are you MAD?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

If there are organized groups who are actively lying to everyone, making up false reports and deceiving the public into continuing activities that could bring on the death of millions of people or even extinction do you not think that maybe an investigation is in order to see if that is what they are up to???

I guess you never heard of the US government then eh.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It's not investigating free speech. It's investigating the possibility of an organized falsification of science and information about climate change.

Let me just ask you this. Did you read the letter???

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing the truth in to this discussion. There is much more to this than "OMG, Obama is gonna put us Climate Deniers in FEMA camps".

But that's what you should expect from people that read Tucker Carlson's website.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I guess you never heard of the US government then eh.

The still have to prove their case don't they??? If they can't prove wrong doing then they have no case against anyone. But if they can then possible action may be needed. Is that wrong??? Should we just allow any organization to push whatever BS they want because nobody can trust anyone to do a proper investigation???

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

It's not investigating free speech. It's investigating the possibility of an organized falsification of science and information about climate change.

Let me just ask you this. Did you read the letter???

Yes I did!

Do you understand the implications of the RICO ACT and the power and authority a government has by using it?

Perhaps in this case you approve because it falls into a category you believe in, what IF it was used against those who believed in abortion for an example?

I don't agree with abortion, but I sure as hell don't want the RICO ACT to be used against those who do believe in it! MOB rules is the antithesis of Freedom!

Be careful what you wish for!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

If you read the actual letter about this they are asking him to investigate the organizations and corporations who have created large campaigns about rejecting climate change. The same organizations that have ties to oil and energy companies who they feel are trying to deceive people against climate change for their own profit.

It's not targeting all climate deniers and is actually only asking to investigate them using the RICO act.

Investigate the Freedom of Speech?

Isn't Science supposed to be proven by trying to disprove it's theory?

Are you MAD?

A scientific theory is not the end result of the scientific method; theories can be proven or rejected, just like hypotheses. Theories can be improved or modified as more information is gathered so that the accuracy of the prediction becomes greater over time.

www.livescience.com...

But,but,but the science is 'settled'.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Should we just allow any organization to push whatever BS they want because nobody can trust anyone to do a proper investigation???

Uh that is what I am doing.

Calling for more 'investigation' instead of letting politicians latching on to whatever they want to further their agendas.

I sure the hell don't trust government.

I sure the hell don't trust scientists that say science is 'settled'.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Actually a proper investigation would have been better than what just happened with abortion which was nothing but a propaganda campaign against planned parenthood. In fact an actual investigation into what happened would have kept the knee jerk reactionary actions from happening like they did. So, yes, I'd be fine with it.

What do you have to worry about??? If the anti-climate change science is solid then there is nothing to find. Is that side so shaky they can't stand up to an open investigation into what their motives are???

Personally I say investigate both sides and let's see what comes up once and for all. I don't have any political leanings on this. It's the damn planet and the future of humanity. Do you think I'm going to play politics with that. I'm not that myopic or stupid to play around with a topic like this. If there is nothing to worry about Great. But if there is then we'd better damn well look into it before we wipe out all life as we know it.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Actually a proper investigation would have been better than what just happened with abortion which was nothing but a propaganda campaign against planned parenthood. In fact an actual investigation into what happened would have kept the knee jerk reactionary actions from happening like they did. So, yes, I'd be fine with it.

What do you have to worry about??? If the anti-climate change science is solid then there is nothing to find. Is that side so shaky they can't stand up to an open investigation into what their motives are???

Personally I say investigate both sides and let's see what comes up once and for all. I don't have any political leanings on this. It's the damn planet and the future of humanity. Do you think I'm going to play politics with that. I'm not that myopic or stupid to play around with a topic like this. If there is nothing to worry about Great. But if there is then we'd better damn well look into it before we wipe out all life as we know it.

Question?

Do you think our current government is corrupt? I don't want finger pointing at one party or another or more finger pointing, but collectively, "Do you think our government is corrupt?".

If you say yes, then who is going to investigate? If you say no? I can't help you, except to ask you to take a look around the world and ask yourself if suffering amongst the masses has gotten worse or has gotten better.

When money and super pacs rule the day, and government think tanks dictate government policy, who do you trust to "investigate"?

This isn't about whether or not you bleed red or blue, but if you are intelligent enough to put an end to the corruption?

Using the RICO ACT to put people in prison for what they say or believe in, is NOT what our Constitution or Founders would have thought possible given the rights and freedoms they handed to us.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So you'll treat it as a crap-shoot. I guess you're feeling lucky. Wish I could say the same.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Using the RICO ACT to put people in prison for what they say or believe in, is NOT what our Constitution or Founders would have thought possible given the rights and freedoms they handed to us.

Basically under RICO LAWS the US government would have to prosecute itself.

The RICO Act focuses specifically on racketeering, and it allows the leaders of a syndicate to be tried for the crimes which they ordered others to do or assisted them, closing a perceived loophole that allowed a person who instructed someone else to, for example, murder, to be exempt from the trial because he did not actually commit the crime personally.[1

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You're supposed to read things? Anyone who violates RICO should be prosecuted.
edit on 9/18/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Care to elaborate, or just another snarky one liner without any substance?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

What is there to elaborate? I think it's likely that Big Oil and their think tanks have violated RICO. If they have should they get away with it?
edit on 9/18/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Since when ?

I recall 10-30 million people that violate US laws that don't ever get prosecuted for it.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

What is there to elaborate? I think it's likely that Big Oil and their think tanks have violated RICO. If they have should they get away with it?

Care to prove it ?

Or just taking a 'scientists' word for it like 'climate change'.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Science didn't say the world was flat or that everything revolved around it.

Men of science said that man would never fly in heavier than air machines not long before the Wright brothers made their flight.
Science has been wrong many times.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I believe that immigrants should be given amnesty and a better path to citizenship due to our foreign policy boinking them and I believe that it is inalienable human right to flee poverty, corruption and starvation. Why do you believe that oil companies and their dissemination agents should be immune to RICO if they violated it?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Question?

Do you think our current government is corrupt? I don't want finger pointing at one party or another or more finger pointing, but collectively, "Do you think our government is corrupt?".

If you say yes, then who is going to investigate? If you say no? I can't help you, except to ask you to take a look around the world and ask yourself if suffering amongst the masses has gotten worse or has gotten better.

Parts of it yes. Hell most of it I'd imagine but to what degree and exactly which parts it's difficult to say.

When money and super pacs rule the day, and government think tanks dictate government policy, who do you trust to "investigate"?

This isn't about whether or not you bleed red or blue, but if you are intelligent enough to put an end to the corruption?

Yah, I get what you're saying. I'm all for taking about super PACs and cleaning up Gov. too. So what do you suggest. Don't act like this is all one sided either. You don't trust Gov. in this instance but you do in others so it's no different. When it's something you agree with, then you trust Gov. But not when it's something you don't agree with.

It's not putting people in jail for what they believe. Just stop with the damn "Belief" crap already. My God you people and your Sacred Beliefs. They will go to jail if they've been taking "actions" like producing falsified data and lying about climate change. It's not what they believe it's what they are doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join