It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Deaf, Coward or Birther?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: olaru12

You seem top be of the opinion that any coverage is the same.

There is positive and negative coverage.

You're preaching to the choir here....

Positive vs Negative all translates into ratings and that's all they care about. It's a damn business and I'm happy to report I get a little slice from time to time. And this time it's the GOP; bless their corrupt little hearts. Last time it was Gov. Gary Johnson. If he runs again for the Libertarians...he's got my vote and I usually never vote FOR anyone...just against the fascist.
edit on 18-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What you don't seem to understand is that the MSM is actually dominated by conservative media outlets. Fox has the cable news/infotainment sector by a mile. The domination of talk radio is even greater. The left may have a slight edge in newspapers perhaps but it's a narrow margin. Don't believe me, have a look at Pew Research Center - State of the Media 2015.

I suppose it's necessary for you to maintain a belief in the imaginary Liberal MSM boogeyman in order to attribute the failure of Republican presidential candidates to defeat Obama to a grand media conspiracy rather than admit that many moderates are simply turned off by the crap Republicans say.

This is the same narrative that the right was floating to excuse away the idiocy of Sarah Palin. It wasn't that she's as dumb as a bag of hammers and was popular for her looks and for repeating the few talking points she could remember.

I suppose the media also "forced" Romney to say the following:

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives

...or that they somehow "spun" his words. Like I said, the right is all about falsely held ideals of personal responsibility and individual achievement right up until it comes time to start making excuses.

I will say this, you might have a point regarding him alienating himself with organizations like Fox that are firmly in the corner of the GOP establishment but then again maybe it's all a grand conspiracy by the conservative leaning MSM to make Trump seem like more of "an outsider" with a manufactured tift with Megyn Kelly.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
1. Obama is importing hundreds and thousands of muslims into America. Christians are still being slaughtered in Iraq and Syria with no help or aid.

2. Obama praises Islam and criticizes Christianity.

3. Obama observes Islamic holidays and festivals but not Christian ones.

4. Obama resisted for a long time for anyone to see his birth certificate, and people had to sue in court to see it.

It may be that people are suspicious of Obama. That said, the guy was a plant by operatives to try and derail Trump. Trump, now being warned will only answer questions with scrutiny. Nice try though. Latest news has Carson down and Fiorina level and Trump rising in the polls.

edit on 18-9-2015 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Fromabove

Obama is importing hundreds and thousands of muslims into America. Christians are still be slaughtered in Iraq and Syria with no help or aid.

He is bringing in 10k after a two year vetting process, and PLENTY of Christians have been brought in as well.

Obama praises Islam and criticizes Christianity.

Literally never happened.
I am sure you are going to come back with the Crusades comment, hardly criticizing it.

Obama observes Islamic holidays and festivals but not Christian ones.

Can you show this?

Obama resisted for a long time for anyone to see his birth certificate, and people had to sue in court to see it.

Post yours for us all to see then.

The guy was not a plant, seems like he has just been listening to the same rhetoric that you just listed.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You know, if you showed up a Donald Trump event and he tapped you to ask a question, all of the conservatives on ATS would be commenting on how you were an obvious plant.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

1. Obama is importing hundreds and thousands of muslims into America. Christians are still being slaughtered in Iraq and Syria with no help or aid.

2. Obama praises Islam and criticizes Christianity.

3. Obama observes Islamic holidays and festivals but not Christian ones.

4. Obama resisted for a long time for anyone to see his birth certificate, and people had to sue in court to see it.

Then please answer me this...

If Obama is a Muslim, why does he drink alcohol, eat pork, and go to a Christian church and not a Mosque?

There is plenty of things wrong with Obama's presidency without relying on obvious lies.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 18-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

desert steps on scale to weigh in.......coward

While I would never have voted for him, John McCain gained my respect when he spoke truth to lies, by confronting the woman in his audience. If Trump cannot do the same, he is a coward.

I thought of this the other day. When I hear The Donald speak, I think back to all those times in elementary school, when I and the rest of my classmates would have to sit quietly and listen to a classmate give an oral book report, but we could tell he hadn't read it. The report consisted of no specifics, just how good a story it was, he liked it, a lot of pages, a nice cover, the author was good, blah blah blah.

I swear if dogs voted, too, Trump would be out there barking.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

It's quite possible that Birthers are lumped together as the craziest, most racist, right-wing, hateful, ridiculous, all-the-same type people because there is truth behind SOME of their questions about the legitimacy of Obama's birth certificate copies.

I don't believe, however, that anything Donald Trump does is in the interest of truth. He's driven by money and beholden to those who can positively influence his financial portfolio.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

It's quite possible that Birthers are lumped together as the craziest, most racist, right-wing, hateful, ridiculous, all-the-same type people because there is truth behind SOME of their questions about the legitimacy of Obama's birth certificate copies.

I don't believe, however, that anything Donald Trump does is in the interest of truth. He's driven by money and beholden to those who can positively influence his financial portfolio.

I disagree, because if there was anything to it, it would have been found and broadcast loudly. You're telling me the billionaires like Trump and the Koch brothers to name just two people that could have funded some serious research into it and paid off some people and fox news, drudge, limbaugh and all the rest would have been broadcasting anything found for years.

They haven't, nothing more than insinuations and small investigations. Meaning there must be nothing there and it's just a smear campaign.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I disagree, because if there was anything to it, it would have been found and broadcast loudly. You're telling me the billionaires like Trump and the Koch brothers to name just two people that could have funded some serious research into it and paid off some people and fox news, drudge, limbaugh and all the rest would have been broadcasting anything found for years.

They haven't, nothing more than insinuations and small investigations. Meaning there must be nothing there and it's just a smear campaign.

No. You're wrong. I wrote an open records request to the Hawaii Department of Health, in 2011, and requested a copy of the seal that was photographed by Factcheck.org, on the back of Obama's short form birth certificate. They responded that they did not maintain the seal photographed. I asked because I noticed the seal on his birth certificate was debossed -- not embossed. And I noticed Factcheck captioned a photo of the wrong side of the seal and labeled it as being raised (embossed).

Immediately after I got that response, Donald Trump took a sudden interest in calling for Obama's long form birth certificate. Obama released it and all eyes were diverted to it, forevermore.

I spent enough time trying to get the media to acknowledge the response I received to tell you -- they would never report what i found.

And I am an atheist, as socially liberal as anyone you could ever meet, and completely nonpartisan.

My curiosity about the issue just got the best of me. Something was off about the issue from day one.
edit on 18-9-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well if Hiliary said it then we know it isn't true!
Guess all the birthers can rest easy now.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

And the official who verified and released the certificate, Loretta Fuddy, died in a plane crash in Dec. 2013, the only one out of nine people.

As the Director of Health for the State of Hawaii, I have the legal authority to approve the process by which copies of such records are made.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
How fast people forget ...

Hillary Attacks Trump Over Muslim Question, Even Though She Started The Birther Movement
Read more at
dailysurge.com...

Typical. You post a link to a story on some junk propaganda blog that cites a story on Brietbart.com that itself cites a Politco article that actually contradicts the claim made by you and the Brietbart and "Daily Surge" propagandists.

Did you read the Politico story itself or did you read it third hand for maximum distortion?

Politico actually attributes the beginning of birtherism to Andy Martin, a Republican who they state kicked off birtherism in 2004. They do blame "Clinton supporters" and an anonymous email for it's rebirth (
) in 2007 but they don't name names, it's hardly conclusive and of course there's nothing tying it directly to Clinton herself — but hey, who needs facts when you have cherry picked third hand information from a Politico article?

That said, I don't doubt it. Hilary Clinton is a political animal and I have no trouble believing that her camp was behind that email.

So what's that got to do with Trump?

We don't have to speculate about Trump's involvement in birtherism; he made a huge publicity stunt of his birtherism like he does everything else. He made himself a prominent birther. One of his supporters, one that he picked out of a crowd, simply repeated the crap Trump had spouted himself, right back in Trump's face and Trump laughed and smiled in agreement.

So what's the problem with holding him accountable for his own words and actions? Why does Trump get a pass?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
because there is truth behind SOME of their questions about the legitimacy of Obama's birth certificate copies.

Nope, there is no truth at all to birther lies and silly stories about Obama and his BC!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
You left out an option from your title - "Troll".

It's more accurate.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
What should we make of this incident? Is Donald trump a deaf as his campaign manager would have us believe, is he simply a coward for not wanting to alienate the Islamaphobes and birthers in the conservative base or is he still a birther but realizes that saying so only makes him sound more crazy than he already does?

As an EU-based outsider looking in at this debate, I'm confused? I thought Obama was a muslim? Not based on what Trump has said, just based on what Obama has said and done.

There's nothing wrong with Obama being a muslim, I just didn't realise it was a matter of contention.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
So it would appear that Trump thinks that Obama is not an American, is a Muslim and there are Muslim terrorist camps training all of the USA.

And who want's him for president?

He really didn't say. And it would be nice if some dam body would look into "some things".

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert

desert steps on scale to weigh in.......coward

While I would never have voted for him, John McCain gained my respect when he spoke truth to lies, by confronting the woman in his audience. If Trump cannot do the same, he is a coward.

Which amounts to the PC quack approved answer. Sort of like the "are you now or have you ever been a member of the communist party". Trumps doesn't have to or need to answer that question.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I say it once, and I'll say it again: Trump supporters scare the hell out of me. They are so brainwashed it's scary. It's like watching Jim Jones Followers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join