It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows 9 cops tackling crying, unarmed teen for jaywalking

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

He probably could have but it would have risked more injury to the kid. He was obviously resisting, having more than one person there to help makes it safer. Instead of one guy slamming him to the ground and breaking something, two or three cops can subdue the resistor more easily and more safely.

I don't think the police were out of line at all here. They did what was necessary and in the safest manner possible. The kid would have been arrested either way, who cares how many cops were involved? They took care of the job in 2 minutes, now they can go back to what they were doing before.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Could you have handled the situation?. Someone of similar height and reluctant to move? Not as easy as the movies without causing serious harm...

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Care to elaborate on why 1 cop couldn't handle this situation?

@ scattergun - if your logic prevailed, the prisons would be full of cops.

Lol, One cop could have taken tare of this very quickly, just as I said, the kid was lucky there was people on the street as witnesses... And I don't think my logic is flawed at all. There are very few cops in jail, but how many wanna be thugs are? We have jails full of them. But don't take my word for it. Go ahead and test the system for yourself. Step back from your safe computer and go give a cop a hard time... when you get out of jail or the ER come back and discuss what happened to you. I think you should experience it for yourself. Thats the real street bud.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well the kid was resisting arrest either way you look at it. It's much easier to take someone down with more people and it comes with less risk of causing injury. If the kid would have complied to begin with those other officers would never have been needed. He brought it on himself in my opinion.

The problem today is that we hear so much about police brutality that we automatically assume we are victims whenever we are confronted by a police officer. The whole media blitz on police brutality has made people headstrong and unwilling to comply because they see themselves as just another victim of an epidemic whether they are guilty or not.

Show me a substitute victim in this case and ill agree with you. If you have an interaction with the police, you are the victim. They are predators and we are the prey.

Obviously this is not the case when the police are reporting to the claims of an actual crime. Although those crime victims often become police victims too.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
These kinds of people are really pushing it now. Just listening to the idiot screaming in the background that "he's just a baby" makes me want to puke. They feel that they have been empowered by all the hyperbolic tirades against the police, so we're probably going to see more and more disrespect and attitude. Sheeesh...I am so sick of it.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

No you're not the victim, if you break the law then you deserve what's coming to you. If you resist arrest for breaking the law, you deserve what's coming to you. You broke the law, you asked for it. The whole victim card is stupid, we have laws in place for a reason. Yes, there are cops who take advantage of their position, but they are few and far between. This was not a case of police taking advantage of their position.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Maybe Obama will invite him to the Whitehouse in a gesture of solidarity. I cannot wait until that fool is out of office. He has done more to divide us racially than anyone I can remember in a long time. He tore down years, if not decades, of advancements in racial relations.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No you're not the victim, if you break the law then you deserve what's coming to you. If you resist arrest for breaking the law, you deserve what's coming to you. You broke the law, you asked for it. The whole victim card is stupid, we have laws in place for a reason. Yes, there are cops who take advantage of their position, but they are few and far between. This was not a case of police taking advantage of their position.

Unless and until you can point out another victim, only one person was assaulted and battered. Period. Thats the victim.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I was so ready to be on the kids side when I read the title but the evidence within the video points toward the kid being in the wrong, not the police.

All this talk about police brutality has definitely caused people to believe they're entitled to special treatment for the crimes they commit. I think that's more of an epidemic than police brutality is these days.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I'm pretty sure that is the media's fault, not Obama's.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Maybe Obama will invite him to the Whitehouse in a gesture of solidarity. I cannot wait until that fool is out of office. He has done more to divide us racially than anyone I can remember in a long time. He tore down years, if not decades, of advancements in racial relations.

And I don't think he's finished yet either. But he's the boss right now. So we need to pay attention to the next persons agenda involving Racial equality. There is more training on police forces in Race relations than most Universities teaching rights and responsibilities under our laws. Our new liberal schools teach you how to protest the very rights your violating.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If you step off a cliff intentionally, are you a victim or did you ask for it? The kid asked for it by resisting the officer's requests.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun

originally posted by: queenofswords

And I don't think he's finished yet either. But he's the boss right now. So we need to pay attention to the next persons agenda involving Racial equality. There is more training on police forces in Race relations than most Universities teaching rights and responsibilities under our laws. Our new liberal schools teach you how to protest the very rights your violating.

That "diversity training" you talk about?...It is Big Money going into the pockets of Diversity Training Seminars and Businesses specializing in it. Create and/or manufacture a "social" problem---Grab government grant money---Funnel it into a brother-in-law Diversity Training Business---and you have the foundation for sucking yet more money out of the good ole American taxpayer!!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

My brother is a very high ranking LEO in the Western Australian police force.....I assure you, I am in their inner circle by way of "the gloves are off" - I know how they roll.

He recently spent 6 months with the LAPD on an exchange program - not on the beat - administratively auditing and associated with the detectives.

Refer to my original post.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
From what I read before, he was asked to get out of a part of the street, he curses the officer and keeps walking. Pulled a Mike Brown. Some time a crap attitude attracts crap.

The police response seems over the top though.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

My brother is a very high ranking LEO in the Western Australian police force.....I assure you, I am in their inner circle by way of "the gloves are off" - I know how they roll.

He recently spent 6 months with the LAPD on an exchange program - not on the beat - administratively auditing and associated with the detectives.

I do believe that Western Australia isn't part of the United States. Nor do they even have a fraction of our inner city issues.Point invalid.

"Knowing How They Roll" certainly makes you an expert... However take your expertise down town and get in a cops face and see what happens to you. My point being citizens here in the UNITED STATES need to follow the laws. Perhaps if they can't do this they need to move to Australia. When I checked the Detectives were on the 14th floor of the Parker Center in LA... thats a long way from the street..

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun

I do believe that Western Australia isn't part of the United States. Nor do they even have a fraction of our inner city issues.Point invalid.

"Knowing How They Roll" certainly makes you an expert... However take your expertise down town and get in a cops face and see what happens to you. My point being citizens here in the UNITED STATES need to follow the laws. Perhaps if they can't do this they need to move to Australia. When I checked the Detectives were on the 14th floor of the Parker Center in LA... thats a long way from the street..

if i scream in your face or disrespect you, can i go to jail? . if i dont threaten or strike you, can i be sent to jail for giving you and attitude? what law says if you say something disrespectful outside hate crime speech, you get arrested.

in your world the police can arrest you for freedom of speech, not in everyone else's world. it seems that cop was just angry because he felt 'small' in front of a bunch of people and used extreme measures at a nonsensical situation to exert his authority. but we dont have videos of how it all started, and we know how truthful LEO's initial statements are... until a video is released.

Leos should be enforcing the law, not make it up to boost their self esteem.
edit on 18-9-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

The kid was to
D to get on the ground and to let go odf the baton...he did neither.

Sure he is just a kid, but he just as easily could have put 2 in that cops head.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Who is the victim when a person is charged with jaywalking?
Just another "victim-less" crime that authorities can use to "keep the peace" and assert their authority and generate revenue?
Look at it this way, if that cop were the kid's Dad and treated him that way in public because he had mouthed off---he'd be charged with child abuse.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I pray for the day that your child is beaten by the police. Let's see how you react then you pathetic apologist scum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join