It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows 9 cops tackling crying, unarmed teen for jaywalking

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Footage uploaded from Stockton, California, shows nine police officers tackling and arresting a 16-year-old boy accused of jaywalking in the bus lane.

The clip, captured by a bystander on his cell phone camera, begins after a police officer has begun a forceful interaction with the teen, using his baton to press the boy's legs into his chest and strike him in the head.

So the baton hit was a little excessive IMO. It gets much worse though.

Toward the end of the video, a bystander who has been advocating for the teen throughout the clip pauses her protests for a moment to ask, "All this for a kid?" She adds, "That's a baby. He didn't even do nothing. He didn't do nothing wrong."

Without seeing how this unfolded prior to the video being filmed, I still stand strong with the idea that this was an unnecessary show of force. Poor kid. Grant it, he should've listened. First try to calm the kid. It makes me think of the one officer that got a guy to stop from killing himself. We need more like him. Cool, calm, and collected.

Tackling the kid to the ground with that many officers is outrageous.

Link
edit on 18-9-2015 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2015 by slapjacks because: vid error

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Definitely excessive, haven't all those cops got something better to do

and since when is jaywalking a crime anyway
edit on 18 9 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with this. The "black" child, as though the article needed to state that,was unwilling to cooperate with the officer. The child then grabbed the officers baton, and by the officer trying to free it the child got hit in the face ( at no point did he intend to hit him and judging by the officers reaction was gutted it happened). The officer asked him multiple times to comply and the child refused.

I'm all for hating cops but I don't believe he did anything wrong and that the officer did not want it to escalate to that point, highlighted by the fact the cop didn't take the opportunity to inflict more pain after the baton struggle.

Anyone that thinks different is not thinking objectively IMO. It's always convient that those that upload these clips don't show the build up as it would jeopardise the sympathy vote.

Lesson to be learnt: comply. If an officer asks you to move, move.

Oh and completely misleading journalism...it didn't take 9 officers it took 4. The police officer made the call and the officers responded to the type of code/emergency in accordance with procedures. No digs. No brutal cuffing. All above board.
edit on 18-9-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sorry, but this loudmouthed kid got exactly what he needed. He's very lucky those officers were being filmed or he might just be in a damn coma. He is of the opinion that he can do whatever he wishes on a public street and scream his way out of it like a little kid throwing a tantrum. Ain't gonna happen anymore. Just as the citizens of this country are tired of being hassled by law enforcement, the law enforcement officers are tired of putting up with their BS... I don't know who will win this issue but I'm sure it will be the folks with the most guns and better lawyer's...

I thought they handled it just fine. Just another day for them.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That many police officers was a bit excessive but the kid was clearly resisting arrest. We don't see what happened leading up to the video being shot but from what I can see he was resisting. All he had to do was comply, he would have gotten off a lot easier if he had done so. The lady in the background wasn't helping too much either, almost like she was encouraging the kid to resist even more.

Just my two cents.
edit on 9/18/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
this "child" was as tall as the officers, now he may have been a young teen, but calling him a "child" is a little misleading.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Its 3 cops involved in the take-down. Lets learn to count. Once youre ordered to the ground and resist, youre inviting multiple cops using force. And not that it even matters, but nobody can tell by looking whether "thassa kid!" or an adult. The rules are the same for either situation anyway.

Please stop fighting cops and crying when you lose.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ozsheeple
I always though jaywalking was a crime...but I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I can count, it's 4, not 3. the journalist can't apparently. My apologies.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

We have a new culture of disrespecting authority now.. You can thank Al Sharpton and a few others for this. I'm a citizen and walk these streets. So do my children. People need to realize if they want respect they have to give it. Screaming at a Police Officer telling him he's a Fing pig will get your butt whooped just about anywhere. This wasn't a child. He should have most likely been in school.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If it turns out that this kid/teen/person is deaf or of low mental capacity then I see some police officers becoming civilians.

Otherwise I think the cops did their job. What else could they do? Say "please"? Just walk away after giving orders that weren't followed?

The angry, yelling bystanders only made it worse, making the police nervous and rushing the situation.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

This is how the cops roll now - 1 for the arrest - 8 to surround the "incident" to protect the police from social media.

Being a black fella is dangerous these days - especially if you have brains (interpretation: "attitude") - you're simply a dangerous mofo.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

Very possible he was not acting logically here. So he's impaired or just a dumb loudmouth kid. However those witnessing the incident weren't to keen to settle him down either, just ramping up the hype and creating more of a situation. Let the cops do their job.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well the kid was resisting arrest either way you look at it. It's much easier to take someone down with more people and it comes with less risk of causing injury. If the kid would have complied to begin with those other officers would never have been needed. He brought it on himself in my opinion.

The problem today is that we hear so much about police brutality that we automatically assume we are victims whenever we are confronted by a police officer. The whole media blitz on police brutality has made people headstrong and unwilling to comply because they see themselves as just another victim of an epidemic whether they are guilty or not.
edit on 9/18/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Lesson to be learnt: comply. If an officer asks you to move, move.

If he asks you to empty your pockets...do it, search your car...do it, enter your house...do it, bend over...DO IT!

It's this type of thinking that has become more of a danger to the public than standing for your rights.

Jude

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

This is how the cops roll now - 1 for the arrest - 8 to surround the "incident" to protect the police from social media.

Being a black fella is dangerous these days - especially if you have brains (interpretation: "attitude") - you're simply a dangerous mofo.

They "Roll" this way for their own safety. And you can throw your "Attitude" somewhere else or suffer for it. Your not a "Dangerous MOFO" your just another victim of your social ignorance. People with Brain's aren't filling jails right now... people with Attitudes are.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why he was under arrest for jaywalking.

There must be a lot more to this story than we are being told.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Care to elaborate on why 1 cop couldn't handle this situation?

@ scattergun - if your logic prevailed, the prisons would be full of cops.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11
Likewise. I would say it's your type of thinking that puts officers in these positions and civilians feeling they have the right to behave like this towards LEO'S. Difference of opinion I suppose. It's just my way of thinking dramatically reduces the chances of abuse/ unfair treatment down the line.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

He wasn't arrested for jaywalking, he would have gotten a ticket at most for that, he was arrested for resisting a police officer. Not resisting arrest, but refusing to comply with the police officer for a crime he committed. Only when he started resisting was he arrested. At least that's my take on it, we can't know for sure though because the video starts so late.

But yeah, there is more to the story than we're being told. If I had to take a hunch, I'd bet it's on the part of the kid, what he did isn't being told. Another excuse to cry police brutality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join