It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did You Become Human

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: windword

The point is, all life isn't equal

Sounds like a good argument to put women back in the kitchen and darker skinned folks to private sections of busses.

An acorn isn't an Oak Tree. Birds can't build nest it an acorn. You can't built a tree house or hang a tire swing on an acorn.

We're talking about "life", not people. An acorn isn't an Oak Tree and an embryo isn't a person.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

So what if I create a baby communicating device that allows them to post on the internet from the womb? Will that be enough to convince many that killing babies in bellies is murder.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

LOL! Have thought about using a Ouija Board?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: windword I wonder what the reaction would be if a mom decided to broadcast her babies heartbeat on the internet for a couple months then do a live abortion for everyone to hear?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

My bad was a bit tipsy last night.... I just read and reacted.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

At what point did you become a human?

As far as I am concerned, the first moment of my first memory.....when I had my first cognitive thought. But that is a somewhat subjective process by which I consider my consciousness and human form to have merged into something other than just a biological stimulus response matrix.

My mother has a completely different opinion on the matter - for her, at even three weeks I was the most important thing in her world, even though that life was - technically - little more than a growing cluster of cells and a developing nervous system.

Is murder worse than rape?

You would have to be more specific here as both have varying degrees of severity. Broad generalized terms cover an overwhelming spectrum of manifestations of both actions and as such leave me unable to provide an equally broad and generalized response to cover the weight of these types of infractions....and I could probably go on for pages trying to cover every angle possible and end up in a huge TL;DR scenario. So in the interest of space considerations I will leave my answer at that.

edit on 9/20/15 by GENERAL EYES because: minor grammar edits

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Another way to look at it is when a person drowns and the lifeless body is taken to shore then someone hopefully begin to communicate with them. The communication is not standard and the life saver will check to see is breathing is present. If breathing is not present then answering that question is a form of communication. That dead body just communicated to the saver that they are not breathing. Then they check for a heartbeat and again the lifeless body communicates to them that no heartbeat is present. Then if lucky the dead person may again communicate to them if their heartbeat begins again. The heartbeat tells the saver to not keep trying to restore heartbeat because it is restored. This is all communication between the trained person and the victim and it is no different if we are talking about a person living in the womb. Heartbeat and movement of a baby is communication telling us a person is present.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Heartbeat and movement of a baby is communication telling us a person is present.

I doubt that if those functions have any communication. Heartbeat is a biological function and I would assume that most movements are reactions to the fetus/baby's environment.

Also, you want murder charges for fetus abortions? How about restricting the time-frame in which someone can abort a child or not first.

20 years in prison for using the afterpill!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12
I was thinking a lifetime sentence for any who murder but why waste the space when we can just kill em all.

Obviously I have drug the bar in this thread as far as I can and my actual feelings are a bit from my statements here.

After a couplemonths in a tummy there should be a solid reason to terminate beyond lifestyle changes or just because I can end it I will it is my choice does not seem right at all.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I was thinking a lifetime sentence for any who murder but why waste the space when we can just kill em all.

Obviously I have drug the bar in this thread as far as I can and my actual feelings are a bit from my statements here.

After a couplemonths in a tummy there should be a solid reason to terminate beyond lifestyle changes or just because I can end it I will it is my choice does not seem right at all.

Dude, you got to learn to clarify your statements and writing. If English is your second language I can understand.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

One can not learn from such general comments.

What part are you having trouble with?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

At what point did you become a human?

From the moment of conception I had human DNA, but despite having a couple vague memories from being in the womb I wasn't really self aware until age 4 or 5. I would argue it wasn't until sometime in my teenage years that I could reason and act like a semi decent human being that's possibly worth keeping alive.

So it all depends on the standard you want to use. Is killing something that's not sentient any worse than chopping down a tree?

As far as murder vs rape goes, I'm not sure which is worse. With one there's no hope for recovery while people can move past the other, but on the other side is the potential for a lifetime of suffering compared to the nothingness of death (or depending on your beliefs, potentially a blissful afterlife).

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here is a list of 177 babie killers.

murder

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join