It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did You Become Human

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

It's a simple question that deserves a simple answer.

Will a fetus' life be ruined for ever if it gets aborted? Probably not because it won't even notice.

Will a young girls life be ruined for the rest of her life if she gets raped? Most definitely yes

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
every pregnancy carries risks to the women. their lives are put at risk, their health is put at risk, their finances is put at risk, their careers are put at risk.

wars have been started when one country sees another country as a threat to any of these things, heck the leaders will even make up the imaginary threats!
but well let's go back to the rapist and the raped.

let me ask you....
who is worse, the one that aborts a baby that is endangering her health or maybe her life, or the rapist who endangered those things when he raped her.

every danged creature god has created will react to protect their lives from harm....
women aren't any different in that respect.

maybe instead of worrying about the pregnant women, try keeping your danged zippers zipped! that would keep the number of abortions down also ya know!
edit on 18-9-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

So lets say after 1 month of being pregnant this development to a human gets removed that's the worst thing.. but nothing meaningful you can notice when it dies, no sounds, cry's... when it dies which also happens allot.. when something goes wrong during the first months of pregnancy where this offspring dies.
Also later on anything can happen, cancer, deadly disease... it shouldn't be this way but it happens!

Then you/me eats meat every day, killing countless of ''god'' created animals (like we are if you believe in a god), even often with much pain... just looks for example when at some country's they kill dolphins or whales which have a very close relation with the other dolphins/whales on the same time!, moms, sisters, brothers, kids etc.. yet we humans do this because this is tradition, killing them..

You eat meat? murderer .. you are.

I even could say creating/having a child is the worst thing ever, that child didn't asked for this, but you wanted it.. for some reason your mom and dad or even a raper by some change by this you come on this world... but for many it's like hell but you made this happen!
Perhaps making a child is the greatest sin ever....

edit on 18-9-2015 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

It's a simple question that deserves a simple answer.

Will a fetus' life be ruined for ever if it gets aborted? Probably not because it won't even notice.

Will a young girls life be ruined for the rest of her life if she gets raped? Most definitely yes

So if one does not notice they are being screwed it makes it ok?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm simply saying that a woman's life is more important than a zygote still in development.

If a woman does not want to continue with the pregnancy then she should have the right to abort it. It shouldn't be up to you or up to me to tell her what to do.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

I'm simply saying that a woman's life is more important than a zygote still in development.

If a woman does not want to continue with the pregnancy then she should have the right to abort it. It shouldn't be up to you or up to me to tell her what to do.

I can't say that I disagree with that but that at the same time we should be human enough to admit that it is killing and there is a point in the womb where that zygote is a living breathing human the same as you or I

I should not have the right to decide anything for woman but they should know that it is a real person in their kicking around and ending that life is takeing a life

in other words if we were real with our wording and outlook on someone kicking through the womb then many abortions would not take place

if I were to go out today and start punching humans through their mommies tummy and that punch resulted in death then humanity then would have the right to punish me as a murderer

lets not piss on each other and call it rain

let us be real

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

abortion is wrong in most cases, life has an equal value, or it does not. The point at which life has value is determined by the point that life has potential, if it wasn't for potential why does your life matter anyway? If i kill you, you do not know, and it should have been that way; right? Determinism robs us of morality. I am a atheist and understand this, otherwise you are bordering nihilism however if that's the case why should your life matter at all?

No, sir its not a simple question. Its a simple question, to a simpleton with an agenda; but this debate has been carried on for thousands of years just with different plots.
edit on 18-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

At what point do you take and release responsibility for YOUR believe system and that child?

My problem with pro-lifers is that they typically are gun ho about telling people what to do without having to deal with any of the consequences. They typically sit back as Monday night quarterbacks looking down there morally high branches without considering the aftermath.

Nobody with a reasonable thought process likes abortions not even the pro abortion crowd themselves.

I personally have never been in a place where I had to make such an intensive and horrible decisions. However, I'm not blind enough or selfish enough not to see the other side of the coin.

Personally, if we had discovered that our fetus had a birth defect that was life debilitating to the point that they would never be self sufficient mentally or physically we would have chosen abortion. The reason being is that life in my believe system is not about quantity its about quality and not in the sense of materialism.

The main reason we would have decided the abortion route is not solely because of money, nor the amount of time in providing special needs , but more importantly because the quality of life that child would have.

Even more importantly as a parent it is your hope that your child outlives you in life. However having a child that will never be self reliant scared us to death to think that the better option would actually be that we would outlive that child .

The reason being is that nobody will care for you child like you do and no nursing home or special care facility will take care of that child like you do nor give them love. We have seen first hand what those facility do and how they see those kids and individuals as numbers and all the abuse that goes on when there isn't anyone there to stand up and fight for the person you love.

So if you are for prolife than step up to the plate and be there to raise those children from birth to death both financially and emotionally rather than making a sign with no consequences or responsibility on your part.

Be there for them when they become teenagers and make sure they don't chose the wrong path in life , pay for there education and more importantly spend quality time with them and adopt them into your family as a loved on.

What I see is from the chanting prolife crowd is choosing to not see the reality of the aftermath to come and wiping there hands clean of any responsibility. Then 18 years later those same folks are chanting to send those same children they saved at birth to the death penalty after they endured a life of violent crime due to the fact that they were set to fail from day one.

The prolife crowd in essence fights for the fetus , then sets the child on a course to fail from day one of birth and reappear when its time to set them to death later in life.

Nobody wants abortions , being prolife is easy, the hard part is seeing that its not so simple as choosing life.

I suggest the prolife gets of its high moral branch and stop the preaching and get its duck in order to come up with a plan to take care of all these children from fetus to adult life and everything up till the very end including loving the child. Keeping in mind that we can't even keep up with the ones that are already being born.
edit on 55930America/ChicagoFri, 18 Sep 2015 12:55:59 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I became human the moment I was born.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
I became human the moment I was born.

I knew the vagina was a magic place but I didn't know it was a portal to another dimension.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Oh, so this is a god thing is it?
Pfft...So do please tell us the reason for all the abortions performed by god (Miscarriages)?

According to your silly children's fairytales it's all part of "Gods Plan", so why does your god abort all those babies?

Oh & again if you're male you have no say regardless of any "beliefs".
Your meager, minor contribution to conception does NOT give you purchase of a woman's body & soul for nine + months.
Neither does it make her child your property.

This is a Woman's issue & should only be decided, legislated or otherwise acted upon by Woman.

K~

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
you make good arguments to criminalize all pregnancy

however life is about perspective and we look at many people and see they are under privileged but in their minds they really never have the thought that things are not right until someone comes along and tells them they are under privileged that is how dems are born

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

just how do you give a women and a developing fetus equality if when their best interests collide? just wondering here. does the women not take the medication she needs to stay healthy so the fetus can develop normally, for instance? Does she suffer through the migraines, denied of the medication that might harm the child?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

as soon as women start shootin sperm then you will be correct

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

however life is about perspective and we look at many people and see they are under privileged but in their minds they really never have the thought that things are not right until someone comes along and tells them they are under privileged that is how dems are born

You also make a good argument for how deflection works.

However, what gives you the right to FORCE me to making a decision then walking away with no consequences or responsibility from YOUR decision.

also at what point do you take responsibility for YOUR believe system and that child?
And at what point do you abolish your responsibility for YOUR believe system and that child?

that is how dems are born

I'm a little confused are you not a Democrat? After all you are pushing for big gov't to tell me what is best for me and my family?]
edit on 36930America/ChicagoFri, 18 Sep 2015 12:36:28 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

With men giving a only a meager contribution and this being a woman's issue, men should have no financial obligations to the fetus if the women wishes to continue with the pregnancy.
Seems only fare.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
BS... your actions have created a burden for that woman regardless your future interactions with the offspring.
So yes it's your responsibility to shoulder some of that burden financial or otherwise.

K~

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Oh my such a well reasoned response that I've come to expect from your kind.

K~

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

You also make a good argument for how deflection works.

However, what gives you the right to FORCE me to making a decision then walking away with no consequences or responsibility from YOUR decision.

that is how dems are born

I'm a little confused are you not a Democrat? After all you are pushing for big gov't to tell me what is best for me and my family?
All I am pushing for is women to understand that when they kill a human then that is murder

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

if you choose to admit the death of a child by way of abortion then that is on you and not me

I've never had an abortion, nor would I, if a rape left me pregnant.

The difference between you and I is that I believe in freedom and personal responsibility.
edit on 9/18/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join