It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croatia 'Will move migrants on'-Pm Milanovic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Breaking News
Migrants flooding into Croatia will be "moved on", PM Zoran Milanovic has warned, adding that his country cannot become a "migrant hotspot".
He said the country's borders would not be shut completely, but it had reached its limit.
His remarks came as Croatia closed seven of eight road crossings after a huge influx of migrants seeking onward passage towards northern Europe.
More than 14,000 have entered Croatia, with tensions high and many exhausted.
Huge numbers heading north through the Balkans have triggered an EU crisis.

Croatia 'Will move migrants on'-Pm Milanovic

I believe this is a good thing, I hope more country's follow, this mass exodus is extremely concerning, I do believe refugees who truly need help and are in search of a better life, should be helped to the extent that the west can. However there needs to be stricter controls, and destinations of the wests choices and not the 'lands of milk and honey'. Strategically,it would be a failure to think a large terrorist element is not infiltrating in this exodus, and stricter checks and choke points should be established, While offering aid to the refugees. Good on Croatia!
edit on 18-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Its getting way out of control if you ask me and most of those don't even look like 'refugee's' fleeing a war!

They are causing far-right groups to come out from hiding!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I am sure the original idea of refugee status does not include many of this lot who seem more to be of the economic status. It seems very opportunistic and so many are waving their young children in the air like emotional blackmail passports.

The idea that you can simply decide to show up wherever you want goes against how the world is organised. Tax payers should not be expect to give you everything you desire when you haven't paid into their tax system. Also if you arrive one day and suddenly better opportunities crop up elsewhere - will you be off toddling along with your begging bowl to the next watering hole leaving chaos and mess in your wake? Western people have a right to ask the question why are none of these people wanting to get into other muslim countries where they will fit in easier and its a more familiar world to them and will they actually integrate if the people from the new nation actually want to also - another question politicians don't seen to want to ask. Some will but what if the majority don't want to?

We know from experience that once muslims arrive some start demanding and demanding things to accommodate their religion, which ultimately start to impact unfairly on non-muslims.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

However there needs to be stricter controls

it is impossible. We are undermanned for such a crisis. We have no shelters prepared for such huge numbers. Initial projections were that only a 1000 migrants will pass through Croatia. Our politicians were confident we will deal with it with ease. 12 000 people showed up overnight practically, and Slovenia is turning some of them back. Since Germany backtracked in last 2 days on it's invitation to refugees...it appears we will be forced to deal with many of them staying put...

Cant say I wasn't predicting a fiasco...

Also..it appears there have been conflicts among groups of migrants in a village called Beli Manastir...apparently rocks and bottles were being thrown on each other...

This will only get worse.

Milanović is actually thinking they will just pass through...but more and more countries are closing borders towards Germany.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

this refuge crisis is a good opportunity for terrorists, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down, on the other hand taking in refugees and/or closing borders is simply treating the symptoms and not the cause, the only real solution is to bring stability back to the middle east where most of them seem to be coming from.

edit on 18 9 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
it is now being reported that the influx is too great to control...and the floodgates have been breached. We have stopped the controls and letting everybody in.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
it is now being reported that the influx is too great to control...and the floodgates have been breached. We have stopped the controls and letting everybody in.

Oh dear god this whole situation is getting out of control, i just hope it doesn't get violent or they start rioting or some such.
edit on 18 9 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ozsheeple

so far no violence...except for minor conflicts within themselves....as reported on local news portals.

this is what it looks like...there are some pics if anybody is interested. The site is in Croatian.

Index

bare in mind that these villages are small...with couple of thousand of inhabitants at most. They are being transported by buses...free of charge towards the Hungary border...though I'm not sure how that will pan out...since Hungary closed it's borders.
edit on 18-9-2015 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Are your northern borders open too? Can they move into other countries from Croatia like Slovenia?

Let see what happens at the Hungarian border.
edit on 18/9/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ozsheeple

I agree, but the west does not have the stomach for it, I truly believe the answer is an occupation until these country's resemble modern day Germany, and not until Germany resembles modern day Syria. Of course when I say that, the immediate action is to say," well this is the wests fault!" I don't care, who's fault it is,the chicken and the egg is of no consequence to the logical conclusion. We all need to wake up, and think strategically. Having said that, we also must take care that fascist groups and ideologies do not become established as a result, both threats are equally dangerous to the west. Our freedoms and liberty are a delicate balancing act that can sway internally and externally.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

Are your northern borders open too? Can they move into other countries from Croatia like Slovenia?

Let see what happens at the Hungarian border.

Yes...our authorities are more than happy to let them pass through...but Slovenia is apparently returning some of them back.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Right wing supporters are now reporting through facebook that there have been rape and robbery attempts (apparently 10 of them). The police is cautioning everybody not to fall for such manipulations. They are saying the info is false.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Where do you get these sentences?

"We know from experience that once muslims arrive some start demanding and demanding things to accommodate their religion, which ultimately start to impact unfairly on non-muslims."

Who are "we"?
Muslim is capital M in English by the way.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Exactly, regardless of whose fault it is there is a civil war going on and it needs to stop but the west unfortunately has other agendas in the middle east, so i don't see a solution happening anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ozsheeple

Exactly, regardless of whose fault it is there is a civil war going on and it needs to stop but the west unfortunately has other agendas in the middle east, so i don't see a solution happening anytime soon.

Yes, the agenda is to establish a new empire (not a caliphate)
edit on 18-9-2015 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Meanwhile at the Croatian borders .
The refuges have already brought their precious culture in Eu.

Gin

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
What a warm sight that last youtube clip showed, these poor men are just trying to voice themselves through hurling bricks at each other like they have been taught to do in their own countries since always. Isn't it fabulous how they are bringing EU more exotic cultural diversity and enrichment?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kokatsi

Experience pure and simple. I don't do capital letters for a lot of things.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gin
Brilliant!

They do like a good stone-throwing festival, don't they?!

edit on 18-9-2015 by Robert Reynolds because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gin

Listen, they probably are just mad about the red crosses on their care packages, we ought to remove them, and our women ought to cover up from head to toe as to not disrespect their religion.

We are not talking about a war here, we are talking about multiculturalism! Further, the actions of one person can't shine light on everyone, the west caused this crisis and the war in the Middle East.

In fact, the west caused hurricane Katrina and Fukushima, the west gets what it deserves! # America, (they are helpless people escaping western tyranny?uh wut)

Think of the children! The west is evil, what about the crusades! Think of the children! I can show you Christian extremists they suck as much if not more than Muslim extremists, this is a mental health issue! Think of the god damn children!

Did I miss anything?
edit on 18-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join