It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Chess President Claims He Was Abducted By Space Aliens -- And They Invented Chess

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
very interested in how little concern this guy has over the lack of logic in his story. That he goes "space is cool and all but i have to be home for Youth Day" and "oh yeah i didn't think to ask anything til i got home oops" seems less an indication of a fabricated story and more of an experience out of his [our?] usual understanding. At least to me. If he was full of space-brothers-disarm-the-nukes-and-we'll-talk detail junk it would be pretty obviously a write off. As it is it could very well be some strange brain chemistry thing going on for any number of reasons [sleep paralysis style whatever, drugs in the drinking water] and not aliens but it feels like it's something he genuinely had a subjective experience of.

side note to krazysh0t; who says those names are the original names? how is the complexity of a game any indicator of its point of origin? i seriously doubt chess came from space i'm not taking that side at all but using those as points really doesn't ring true

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
While I don't understand how someone can have such an experience and not ask them any questions or be so concerned with getting back home to Earth for some event when they are getting such an amazing experience, i'm not quick to write it all off as a lie either. It could be but I don't see what he would have to gain from it. It could be some weird dream or brain chemistry thing which would explain the lack of the questions and the wanting to get back home, at least I think it would.

The chess bit, I don't have too much thought on that but I don't see how the human labels mean chess couldn't have come from space. Maybe they use the same labels or we changed the labels to suit us. I'm not saying chess did come from space though.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I do not see any hint, chess couldnĀ“t have been invented by human beings. Regardless this bizarre story, I really don't think extraterrestrial visitors are necessary for all known and unknown inventions made by mankind.

<< 1  2   >>

join