It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who said the exodus wouldn't bring fighting among the migrants?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Accusations of hate are the last bastion of those who are unable to consider a situation with logic.
I've been called a hater even when I've repeatedly said I support massive resources being given to the UN to support these people in quality shelter within the region.
I'd even be happy for an extra 1% on my income tax, that would raise £5.5 Billion from the UK alone. The people could be easily helped by the UN in the region, it just needs Western governments to stump up the cash.

Nope, that is obviously hateful, and even daring to call the current policy of encouraging people to risk their lives crossing seas with people smugglers as stupid and irresponsible, is the opinion of a hater.
Lame inappropriate overuse of the word hate, welcome to ATS and social media in general. Emotions clouding logic and reasoned solutions.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen
I think you have to re-write your post. Your first statement totally contradicts your second statement.
The only way to bring peace and stability in the M.E. (ie. terminate the radicals etc.) is through intervention by the western nations because as sure as eggs are eggs the other Muslem nations wont do anything.
The biggest holdup for making their lives and country worthwhile is not through intervetion or throwing money at them but their mindset. The population has to be the catalist for change. But they don't want to be, they just want handouts and to sit back and let others work for them.
Whatever you do donot say "ah, but they're oppressed and can't do anything", that's BS. Think on the Arab Spring. They changed their system through people power. The only mistake they made was changing one crap system for another crap system. But they had a chance.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I'm not promoting it, your government is

Whats that got to do with me?

I "Trust" westernized Muslims and those who are genuine asylum seekers. I don't "trust" 18-25 y/o males who have zero experience with western culture coming here to start #.

I've worked with a few young Muslim afghan male asylum seekers, FOB's (fresh of the boat)... Good blokes, as far as I could tell, imo.

Smoked em up, then taught them about the 911 conspiracy... even touched on the politics of there country. To me, they were merely dude's, no different to you and me. Just trying to survive that old homo sapien complex syndrome, just like us.

We all bleed that same blood... brother.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Your story sounds awesome and I believe I would have been right there beside you and I may have jumped the gun when I said "your gov". It has nothing to do with you.

With that said, this exodus isn't looking like an refugee problem anymore.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The Muslim religion scares the crap out of me. The Israel Zionists scare the crap out of me. The American government scares the crap out of me.

ditto.

This of course only means...we are islamophobes, antisemitic, lunatic conspiracy theorists.

is there an isolated island we could migrate to, so as not to bother the peaceful world.

edit: I forgot racist.
edit on 17-9-2015 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I'm not promoting it, your government is, and I certainly don't hate anyone. I "Trust" westernized Muslims and those who are genuine asylum seekers. I don't "trust" 18-25 y/o males who have zero experience with western culture coming here to start #.

Isn't Canada one of the places that 18-25 y.o. males went that didn't want to fight in Vietnam? Did any of these 'deserters' make anything positive or did they just suck up resources?

What have the Westernized followers of Islam™ done to earn Your "trust"?

I can't see how anyONE can believe anyTHING they read/watch/suck up after getting re-guritated by a talking head on ANY media outlet that calls itself a "News source".

I also just read where You're under the opinion that 9/11 was an 'inside job' and/or "hinky" ? Then You HAVE to KNOW that this is part/parcel of that incident. 9/11 wasn't just about getting Mr. Larry "Pull It" Silverstein His $$$ back.

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: spellin fo paw

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

If you can find the Island, I'll bring the beer and we'll leave political correctness at the door
edit on 17-9-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

What have the Westernized followers of Islam™ done to earn Your "trust"?

they have been pacified by MTV...

Isn't Canada one of the places that 18-25 y.o. males went that didn't want to fight in Vietnam?

If they'd been Vietnamese..I'd be seriously pissed.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Big mistake by Hungary and Germany to let all them through... they arent running from any war!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

that's the point. main intervention has to come from non-western forces. because an army of "crusaders" will only make things worse. we should have learned this in the meantime.

by not helping to defeat ISIS the muslim world shows its true face and makes itself just as guilty for the atrocities and the flood of refugees.
but what do we expect from a selfish culture anyway?

but then again we have the US that don't want anyone playing in their sandbox (middle east). see how upset they get when russia deployed some ground units?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is why I keep harping on about saving Syria.

Infiltration is part of the ISIS agenda. They are raising all hell so as to cause this tide of humanity and naturally they are ensuring that their operatives are among them. I read yesterday that 1 in 50 (that's 2%) of the refugees are thought to be Isis members.

As I keep saying save Assad and his secular government, stop Isis. Then they can all be sent home Assad was very good at keeping radicals in line until the Arab spring swept through. (Still not sure who started that BTW)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

a reply to: grainofsand

Want to hear something completely effed up? Our Mayor in Vancouver Canada, wants to bring 100,000 just to this city alone. He vowed to end homelessness by last year which clearly hasn't happened. But wants 100, 000 migrants? I would consider myself a liberal, but I'm also slight conservative. I don't really know what class I belong to because I think both are off their rocker.

100,000 in one town alone.. wow that's an awfully huge figure.. how many more towns in Canada are signing up for this all?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
They figured the army wouldn't fight the citizens if SHTF so terrorists are a good idea. It's obvious the people up there don't want for things to get better.
edit on 18-9-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Aww, i see the refugees are training for world war four.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
What people often do not understand about moslems (usually because of limited historical study resulting from education curriculae tailored to churn out work-a-day robots, not thinkers) is that they want to kill each other - i.e., those of differing Islamic denominations - more than any "infidel".

This is because they consider it the highest form of blasphemy to interpret the Qu'ran in a way other than the way a particular strand of the religion believes to be the the "right" way; thereby effectively bastardising it. In their eyes, this is tantamount to smearing the book in bacon fat and defecating upon it. Usually the contentions have to do with which prophet came when, how many prophets there were... yadda yadda, blah blah *fart*

For most part, the reason moslems - the fundamentalist kind (...though, some argue the "moderates" a merely just those who prefer not to get their hands dirty) - target "infidels" is because of thus's involvement in Islamic affairs. Otherwise, non moslems would simply be reserved for da'wah - preaching with the aim of converting (strictly speaking, bringing people back to Islam; as moslems believe everyone is / was moselm) - or, failing that, relegation to second class citizenship (under Sharia Law).

edit on 18-9-2015 by TheInhumanCentipede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Some of your points are valid, however you have made a comment that Muslims were not responsible for 911!! Poppycock, rubbish. They flew the airplanes, people did confirm this who took the airplane down. This plan was made 15 years prior to the event. Muslims rejoiced throughout the world-disgusting.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

"I told you so" would be perfectly valid as far as I see it.
Too many bleeding heart liberals letting emotions cloud their judgement here on ATS sometimes.
I stated that Germany was making a stupid mistake by saying "Make it to the EU and we'll take you in" and that was proved correct within a week as they reintroduce border controls.

Some folk here would probably defend a migrant stabbing a border guard for refusing them entry. "Oh, they are poor desperate people, I can understand it" Blah.
I'm just glad Britain is an island and refused to sign up to the Schengen open border agreement, they can only get as far as the Coast of Northern France to start throwing stones and bottles. Unlucky France, shouldn't have signed up to Schengen.

Even if France had border guards on every one of the hundred freeways going to Spain, Germany, Switzerland and all the other countries, that would not stop migrants from traveling along country roads.

That's why Europe had the Schengen agreement. Some countries like Belgium, Luxemborg, Holland are so small, that it's practically normal for most people to drive to a neighboring country for a business deal, conference, or just for a night out.
Then it made sense to remove border controls so that people didn't have to risk having their passports stolen when they crossed through car parks, railway stations or restaurants.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join