It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami on way to Australia/NZ

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Howdy peoples from the land down under. Interesting thread, especially with the recent developments in South America; my thoughts and and condolences to those affected.
First of all, i would like to state that the threat to the east coast of Australia is extremely slim. Basically, the geological layout and its formations would prevent such an issue. 30 Kilometres off the entire east coast of Australia is a 5 km deep shelf, which would act as a bumper against any undersea momentum. secondly, any undersea momentum would first have to cross the undersea ridge that the far eastern Pacific islands rest on; that in itself would prevent a tsunami of any significant size from reaching the east coast of Oz.
The west coast of Australia however, is an entirely different issue as neither of these geological formations exist off of it. The entire west coast has a gradual decline all the way out into the Indian Ocean, making it a prime cause for concern as far as tsunami's are concerned, as the sea floor would act as an off ramp on a freeway.
With this in mind, depending on the momentum,height and depth, a tsunami would be quite damaging to the entire west coast region. A tsunami loses one metre in height to every metre of land it crosses, once its momentum has cancelled/exhausted itself out.
On a side note, there have been premonitions by numerous people, specifically within the indigenous population, of such an event occurring, crossing all the way inland to the last bitumen road.

edit on 18-9-2015 by M3RCSENTINAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I dont have a degree in water displacement however, I would imagine that a Tsunami couldnt carry across that stretch of water, there would be several tidal movements and untold gravitational forces, its probably more likely the tsunami would be turned around and dump back on the poor Chileans.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join