It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can forgive and I'm not ashamed of the person I am today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You are YOU, not someone else. Remember that before you compare yourself to others. For all the mistakes one life can contain, yours might be plentiful and far-reaching. You might have hurt others deeply by your actions (or inactions) and feel like you have irreparably stuffed up your life. You might even be the on receiving end and feel like there is no hope. Such feelings can dig away at your mental well-being and render you exhausted just thinking about them.

But for all your faults, shortcomings and character flaws, you are still a unique being with qualities worth living for. We all have parts of us that we wish were different, we all have past actions we regret, and we all have challenges in our lives that seem grossly unfair. Thus is the nature of human existence and things are unlikely to change.

What can change are the circumstances of your life. No matter how deeply entrenched in that dark hole you think you are, it just takes the dimmest of sparks to reveal a path for you to begin climbing out. And that spark cannot be extinguished as long as you are breathing. You are sure to scratch yourself on the way up and there will be some near misses, yet the decision to continue will always be there so long as that spark is initially lit.

Remember that when you reach the top, you will not be entering paradise. You will still face challenges once on level ground, but they will be much easier to manage and overcome than from the dark place you found yourself in before.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well said.

I always say, "It is impossible to live in this world without ever hurting anyone, however unintentionally," and, "No one gets out with their conscience unscathed."

We are all imperfect and only human. Humility, introspection, and the taming of pride go a long way imho.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

In the words of Eminem... I ain't halting, till I die of exhaustion and inhale my own exhaust fumes!

FTW, I'm still breathing air, no matter what any little tripping bitch thinks about me. I've come back to take whats mine!

"Best part about me, is I am not you... I'm me!"

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
yeah well.....

"In a society that tries to standardize thinking, individuality is not highly prized."
Alex Grey

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You are YOU, not someone else

For a moment you had me fooled. Facebook had me fooled. Selfies with a continental breakfast had me fooled.

Social media is killing identity. If I was social media savvy i'd like to be remembered as the person who slapped the posers who pander their self serving, egocentric trash to the rest of us.

'I had a coffee at a cafe today' #barista #fistbump

Facebook is the high horse for people that have never mounted a horse.

edit on 17-9-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The most important thing is to never make the same mistake that caused someone else pain or unhappiness. And secondly not to make the same mistake that caused you yourself pain or got you into trouble. I guess...that is how you crawl towards that spot of light in the distance.

edit on 17/9/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

You are YOU, not someone else

Facebook is the high horse for people that have never mounted a horse.

Ironically though, the same people who are getting 300 likes for typing some dumb arse feeble minded comment on there FB page, are the same people laughing at you for attempting to have a semi-intelligent conversation on forums like ATS.

If you want to get lots of likes on FB, then just simply type in the most superficial retarded comment that comes to your mind. The shorter the better, gotta consider those short attention spans, if you wantta get lots of likes!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

And don't those same people have fancy cars women clothes and other * ? I always wonder how they do it..

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

And don't those same people have fancy cars women clothes and other * ? I always wonder how they do it..

Well, its not really some big secret how they manage it.

All you really need to do is, just sell your soul out and join the pack of complete tools. Then forget about your individualism and just always behave in a way that conforms to the herd.

That way, you can have a fancy car, own a house in a classy suburb and get 150 likes on FB too.

Personally though, I'm gonna behave like myself until I breathe my last breath of air! Obviously, I'll enviably die miserable and alone... But at least I'll be able to say I did it my way.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

This was an original piece written last night. I have no intention of putting it on any form of social media, the intended audience is ATS.

You might have a point about social media killing identity, but that is for a another thread.

PS: love your name by the way, the cake is MOST DEFINITELY a lie.

new topics

top topics

join