It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING to all spiritual/religious people, Danger you need to be aware of

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
That's a unique spin on the gospels.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
OP: Whatever you are smoking is really high quality.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Don't be dissuaded by the Atheists. They are empty human beings. I am not religious, but I believe in an afterlife and a Prime Mover or God in some form. Atheists are mean-spirited, God-haters and cannot be helped. Leave them to their fate.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus I am not religious, but I believe in an afterlife and a Prime Mover or God in some form.

Its at this point that you should look up religious in a dictionary

1. Having or showing belief in and reverence for God or a deity.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Don't be dissuaded by the Atheists. They are empty human beings. I am not religious, but I believe in an afterlife and a Prime Mover or God in some form. Atheists are mean-spirited, God-haters and cannot be helped. Leave them to their fate.

LMAO. You do know that atheists can believe in an afterlife, and many do right? Talk about judging a book by its cover! Yeah all atheists are evil, empty people! Hilarious how you judge somebody's life completely based on ONE THING they do not believe in rather than considering what they DO believe in and how they live their life. That's just sad. You can't hate something that you don't think exists. I don't understand your hatred and generalization of atheists. They just don't buy your bull# and have every right to be skeptical of things with no evidence, especially when promoted as truth.
edit on 17-9-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadyAREyou
This will either work and Jesus will arrive like a cop to see what the hell is going on and who is making a ruckus

That's a new one. Cop Jesus.

Oh wait...maybe not....

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Were sucked back into this world because the soul is not repaired so we go back to this negative rendition of the positive world in order to attempt again to purify the broken soul and make it whole again.

Standard Buddhist type philosophy...

The human soul has a spirit and other aspect that basically drives the attempt of reality to heal our broken souls.

Its a long but self-healing process...No God involved

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I would congratulate the OP for bringing up a genuine problem and sharing genuine conclusions.
It is nice that someone brings up the possible dangers of afterlife without being a dogmatic proselytizer.

I also think reincarnation happens but perhaps not to everyone.

Jesus is no doubt a legitimate soul center, an alien and a cosmic healer at the same time. After death, however, it could be that your favorite mental show comes to reality - whether it looks like a Hendrix concert or an evangelist or an otherwise bona fide guru or your religious grandmother it does not matter. It could even look like Jesus for all intents and purposes.

I would probably pass by the first people or whatever spirits that appear because it might be a spiritual scam. Go back and reincarnate instead - whether here or on another planet will be decided by your deepest soul, not the part that reincarnates,

Kyle Griffith writes good stuff on this subject in his 1988 book War in Heaven. (read it free online).
Robert Monroe wrote good stuff in relation to this but his writing is more convoluted.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

A religion is a set of dogmatic beliefs that are held by a group of people while I don't know what I believe and hold no specific dogma or idea of what form the creator takes. I thought Atheists only hated religions now I guess it is being expanded to include anyone that believes in God.

Awesome. Thanks for the tip.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You could ask for Jesus all you want you won’t get him because Jesus doesn’t exist as any one human being.

Jesus is a process of actions and consciousness…You suppose to be Jesus by taking on the knowledge form Jesus and then you can arrive at his station...
Jesus is an archetype inside every human being to access on a spiritual journey.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadyAREyou
Atheists / Materialists please find another thread for yourself, you have absolutely nothing to add here other than "everybody is wrong"

Its a shame the cave-dwellers came in full force despite your polite request.

THIS MAY BE the most important thread of your lifetime

After studying world wide spiritual available information and experiencing various unknown phenomena in my life which involves abduction and torture.

I've come to a very dark and disturbing realisation. After we shed our physical bodies (after we die) it is entirely possible that we are not FREE but instead are trapped in another dimension which holds souls/spirits for lack of better term

Now this dimension has all the trappings to make us think we are in a better heavenly place but in reality are just temporary "fancy hotel rooms", after that we are tricked or forced to be born again as human beings on planet Earth where we forget everything and suffer again

ENDLESS SUFFERING WITHOUT ESCAPE

Why ???

We could be entertainment or pleasure providers to powerful inter dimensional beings. Do you want to be a hamster in a cage forever for pleasure of some evil entity, I sure don't.

There are plenty of NDE and OBE experiences were a person reports being blocked, dragged, forced, stuck, controlled etc

There are even reports of advanced aliens being able to temporarily imprison your soul to power some gadget and when you figure out how to escape they just disappear another person or a group of people and enslave them for a while.

And it could take you 1000 years to escape

WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT THIS POSSIBILITY

I can not tell you what you can do

I CAN TELL YOU WHAT I WILL DO

In my research one thing remained constant. It seems that regardless of what stance you take, that Jesus is an Avatar or son of God or God or advanced alien, or hybrid

I came to conclusion that Jesus is a legit being that has positive intentions and is not part of deception across various dimensions

WHEN I DIE

Doesn't matter old age, or bullet to the head or being blown up by a nuke

The moment I am met by other beings or dead family or some authoritative figure telling me what I must do like life review and so on.

I plan NOT TO COOPERATE AND ASK TO SPEAK DIRECTLY TO JESUS

if they feed me some BS like Jesus is busy at the moment or I am not "clean" enough to be in presence of Jesus

I plan to holler violently and call for Jesus

This will either work and Jesus will arrive like a cop to see what the hell is going on and who is making a ruckus

Or it won't work and I will be manhandled into some kind of spiritual prison

In which case see you again as a human living in cycle of violence hunger ignorance greed lust murder disease and poverty.

Good luck to you all fellow humies Muslims Christians Jews Buddhists and others.

You have been warned

Shame most people will not see this thread, I sincerely believe this is crucial information I am giving you.

I believe you are right.

You are describing "Samsara" or "The Eternal Fire"... both are referring to the cyclical process the soul goes through until, as Plato says, your soul ascends into the world of Form (heaven).

If you obey, as in act upon, the teachings of Jesus, you will not taste death (John 8:51-58)

Mere belief, without action, results in death followed by life. but, if you act upon these beliefs, it is said, that you will never die. Do you believe this? (John 11:25-26)

The biggest problem I see is people's inability to forfeit materialism. Material possessions are exactly that... possessions. You are possessed by matter (countless scripture passages demonstrate this: camel through a needle, old lady giving away all her money, "drop your nets and follow me", etc). Liberate yourself and have faith.

Also, ignore the trolls.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

You know them. They will mock anything that even remotely resembles a call to faith, and it's only going to get worse as time goes on.

edit on 17-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

A religion is a set of dogmatic beliefs that are held by a group of people while I don't know what I believe and hold no specific dogma or idea of what form the creator takes. I thought Atheists only hated religions now I guess it is being expanded to include anyone that believes in God.

Awesome. Thanks for the tip.

Yes, that's religion, but religious is just having a belief in God, the word originally meant "pertaining to religion" and without the existence of religion, you wouldn't have a belief in God

Fair enough, you don't want to be associated with religion, but you are still religious,
Is English not your first language, or are you just trying to be obtuse and failing ?

btw, I am more religious than you

edit on 17-9-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I simply disagree with your assertion. No need to be a jerk.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You started it by calling me an Atheist, how would you like it if I called you a seventh day advent hoppist

And you aren't disagreeing with me, you are disagreeing with the English language
Good luck with that

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Only one hole in your theory. It's not backed by scriptural evidence. You come across as a paranoid drug abuser or a mentally ill person. All we need to know is in scripture. Prophets are not necessary anymore. Gifts in men cease.
a reply to: ReadyAREyou

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheCretinHop
Only one hole in your theory. It's not backed by scriptural evidence. You come across as a paranoid drug abuser or a mentally ill person. All we need to know is in scripture. Prophets are not necessary anymore. Gifts in men cease.
a reply to: ReadyAREyou

Your suggesting He is either mentally ill and/or abusing drugs then suggest He 'bank' everything on "Scriptures"? Really? Whose Scriptures? Why not just type what Church™ You go to; what version of the 4,937 versions of The Bible™ You read and/or what Your Pastor told You? At least this way You're not being un-Chris†ian™ like and making ASS/Umptions and judging.. In those Scriptures You hold so dear, isn't St. Pete that is supposed to judge?

O.P.- You 'might' look at the Buddhist description of "attachment" and also peruse the book "The Tibetan Book Of Living and Dying" As was mentioned earlier, there is a way to escape "The Wheel" (incarnation/ death/ re-incarnation...)
Look for a 'wormhole'..

It should also be noted : Worrying about Your death is no way to go through Life.

namaste

Edit: Oh and..... "The Tao that can be told/typed is NOT the Eternal Tao..." Remember that ALL the 'different religions™' are the 'same' so take out what is the 'same' in ALL the different ones and The Truth will be revealed.

The population is growing and growing is because each Self is losing touch w/their own Divinity because they are looking for answers outside of their Self. The only One that can "save" You is YOU.
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: edit #1) addendum. edit #2) spellin

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I some how feel that if you hadn't replied first? No one would have,
so this is all your fault.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

You started it by calling me an Atheist, how would you like it if I called you a seventh day advent hoppist

And you aren't disagreeing with me, you are disagreeing with the English language
Good luck with that

Merriam Webster defines religious as...

1religious

adjective re·li·gious ri-ˈli-jəs
: of or relating to religion

: believing in a god or a group of gods AND following the rules of a religion

I do not follow the rules of any religion which therefore excludes me from being religious according to Merriam Webster. Also, if you look at religion on Wikipedia you will see that religion is clearly the belief and execution of a specific religious dogma which again, I do not subscribe to. My point is that to be religious you must practice and believe in a religion which I don't. You can play with semantics all you want, but you aren't right.

I do apologize for calling you an Atheist.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

Good luck with that

Merriam Webster defines religious as...

1religious

adjective re·li·gious ri-ˈli-jəs
: of or relating to religion

: believing in a god or a group of gods AND following the rules of a religion

I do not follow the rules of any religion which therefore excludes me from being religious according to Merriam Webster. Also, if you look at religion on Wikipedia you will see that religion is clearly the belief and execution of a specific religious dogma which again, I do not subscribe to. My point is that to be religious you must practice and believe in a religion which I don't. You can play with semantics all you want, but you aren't right.

I do apologize for calling you an Atheist.

But believing in an afterlife is religious dogma in itself, so is believing in a God.

I'm a Babylonian pantheist, Bel Marduk never grew annoyed at his creation and tried to destroy it, so unlike the Abrahamic faiths, its not a religion of fear. There is no afterlife. There is no punishment

I'm also English, our humour is mostly lost on Americans

I expect a bunch of Christians will appear shortly and tell me that I am mistakenly worshipping Satan, I shall tell them as I usually do that they are mistakenly worshipping Enlil. But my claim is supportable...

edit on 17-9-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join