It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Student Handcuffed Because Of Harmless Science Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

On Sunday, 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed built a homemade clock. It wasn't especially difficult for him, and the result wasn't polished — it looked like a mess of wires and circuitry. He was still adjusting to life as a high schooler, and he wanted to bring in something cool to show his teachers.

Mohamed eagerly showed several teachers the clock and explained what it was, but he didn't get the congratulations he was expecting. Instead, he left school in handcuffs.
Young Mohamed's story has drawn accusations of racism and Islamophobia, and many — scientists, technologists and members of the general public alike — are expressing shock and outrage. But as with any incident of discrimination, especially in science, the truth is that we aren't really shocked. And that's the worst part.
www.washingtonpost.com... made-clock/?tid=sm_tw

Geez will the fear mongering ever end?? what's more I feel especially saddened by the kid's experience because me and ma boys used build radios and primitive computers out of radio shack's parts for science lab and for the pure fun, I mean that could have been us, but we were along time pre 911 and our society and politicians wasn't this paranoid, good news is he is getting a lot of love from scientist and the general public encouraging him to stay in science . pls kilk the link see this kid in handcuffs look at the expression on his face wearing his NASA t shirt.
Not even eyeglass wearing geeks are safe anymore ..smh.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

There was already a pretty large thread on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-9-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
a reply to: Spider879

There was already a pretty large thread on this.

Really?? I checked New but showed zero results.
Thanks for the link Stargatetravels

edit on 17-9-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Already posted. Please direct your comments here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed.

top topics

join