It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your dream house haunted?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Hi there,

was wondering if any of you dream about living in a house (possibly fairly large) where a section of it is haunted?

I have been having dreams from time to time about a house I'm living in (in the dream) that has a section that feels haunted, and
feels incredibly scary to enter that part. Sometimes beings, ghosts, entities (or whatever) will come from that part. It often can feel that it is an extra home that joins on to the home I'm living in (in dream) that can be accessed from my 'normal' dream home. The 'haunted' part feels so horrendously frightening - the worse kind of 'don't EVER go there' you can think of.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else is having similar dreams?

Thanks,

Aelf

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
YES!!

Many years ago, I had a "big dream". I say "big" in the sense that it marked a turning point in my own evolution, because it brought messages to me from my subconscious that were very important and revealing.

I was in a large house, that had some parts of it that were older than other parts; it had been added onto with time.

I was walking through it with friends, and an invisible force kept pushing and throwing me violently, as if trying to hurt me.
At some point, it suddenly became visible- it was a girl. She looked fiercely at us. I decided to question her.

"Why are you doing this? " I said.
She seemed to be mute, instead of speaking, she pulled out (of I don't know where) the body of a very young little girl, limp like a ragdoll, either dead or badly injured and unconscious. She waved it around as an answer.

"Did you do that to her?" I asked.
She shook her head and stared back meaningfully.

It was like I suddenly understood what she saying. I replied, "Oh! You are just all that fury!"
My comprehension was that this ghost was angry because of the abuse that had been done to this little girl.
That is what made it violent.

I wondered what could calm this ghost, or clear the house of it. As soon as I had that thought, a narrating voice answered, "Fill the house with laughter, joy and love. That will cleanse it with time."
I saw a vision of my friends and I in the kitchen, laughing and smiling, eating together.
Then I woke up.

I came to interpret this to mean that I have been going through life being self defeating, self sabotaging, and self destructive, out of repressed anger because of the abuse I suffered as a child. (For various reasons, my hostile and aggressive urges are usually directed inwards instead of out).

The dream told me that there was no way to heal this by focusing more on that past- the only way was to make a different present and future, which would change my conditioning and emotions.

The house was myself, my body and mind, which is constantly being added onto with experience.
The ghost was a part of myself which is repressed anger. The lack of verbalization corresponds with my view of my own subconscious, which expresses itself more in images and associations, then in words and linear cause/effect concepts and language.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Aelfrede

Some people think when we dream of (home), its analogous to who we are. Some peoples dream 'home' is a sunny cottage, some a dark castle. This is supposed to describe the real self, our soul, our life, what we carry with us, etc.
If your dream home has corners that are frightening, that may be associated with past trauma in your real life that is too frightening to look at. Completely understandable.

Its 'just a dream', right? One day you have to go in there, discover what the repressed memories are, face them, resolve them.

Don't go all in all at once, take baby steps. Try to see whats in that part of your building, who the faces are. It will be alright, the opportunity is being presented, take advantage of it. You won't be given more than you can handle all at once.

If you are that aware of the recurring dream, it is being revealed to you for a purpose. Next time it pops up, steel yourself, clench your fists, say a little prayer to the guide that is showing you this, and go in there.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Yes. It's always a house I just moved into and it usually looks the same and he house is always huge. There was a time when all the scary stuff was in sort of a basement thay led into a tunnel.

Then there was a period when it was always an elevator thay went up to a demon portal and it was kind of like a long maze thay would go all over the place and was pressurized some how.

Then there was a period of the second story having a ton of bedrooms and each bedroom would have antique furniture with cobwebs and there would always be a dead body in the bed.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

Yes. It's always a house I just moved into and it usually looks the same and he house is always huge. There was a time when all the scary stuff was in sort of a basement thay led into a tunnel.

Then there was a period when it was always an elevator thay went up to a demon portal and it was kind of like a long maze thay would go all over the place and was pressurized some how.

Then there was a period of the second story having a ton of bedrooms and each bedroom would have antique furniture with cobwebs and there would always be a dead body in the bed.

Oh and someone, usually a group of people, would come over and I would want to show the scary stuff to them.

Also the kitchen area is usually always disgusting with food and messes from the previous owner.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Mmmmm....i don't believe in ghosts but i am naturally drawn to a house in town which i feel like i used to own.

Weird.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Cool. Watch the reincarnation romantic movie "midnight bayou"
) a man attracted to a place

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Hi Bluesma,

thanks for your reply. I have considered that it's all my subconscious/unconscious and therefore the house represents known and hidden aspects of myself. I also consider that dreams may well be real places that exist on some other layer of perception/frequency (although really these are just terms invented to try to make sense of it all). It's possible that when we dream, a mixture of elements are involved - some relating to parts of our unconscious and others that exist independently (and maybe there's a fine line between what we think is a part of ourselves and what exists separately).

It was interesting what you said about the dream of the little girl spirit who behaved violently and was holding what seemed to be a ragdoll. Made me think of an out of body experience I had when living in a (physically real) haunted house. During an out of body experience I had while living there I found a doll in the upstairs hallway and just by looking at her I knew there was something wrong and I had to help her.

I went into one of the bedrooms - (which I realised was not there in the physical house - turns out a few weeks later after the experience when enquiring about the house with locals, that some time ago there was a fire in the house and that the original layout of the house was different to what it is now, for instance there was no bathroom at the end of the hallway - which there wasn't in the o.b.e) - and there were several other dolls, mainly rag dolls, with writing scribbled all over them. At one point I left the doll on the floor by the hallway window and went back to my body as thought I'd heard a noise coming from my bedroom. I then straight away rolled out again. I went back to where I'd left the doll and picked her up, I definitely got a feeling something was wrong with her. Then I realised that in the short time I'd been gone, she now had a small knife pushed through the side of her head. I wanted to fly off out the window with her and try to get help (not sure what that would have been) but the experience ended.

What's strange about that experience is that my partner (at the time) said he used to feel a 'presence' by the window (he never told me about it before) and I also felt a need to run past that bit when going to the bathroom in the night. Additionally we both experienced being tapped by something in that part of the house (him near the window, me in the bedroom opposite that window). Then one day he heard a little voice in his head (that's how he put it) telling him to lift a particular floor board upstairs. He knew exactly what floorboard to lift. Underneath there were different newspaper articles about different child deaths. There didn't seem to be anything suspicious about the deaths, and they were in different parts of the UK but it was weird that each piece of newspaper had an article about a child's death. I then said we should check under all floorboards, as it's probably that there's pieces of newspaper under each floorboard. So we lifted the carpet again and tried other floorboards. Every other floorboard wouldn't lift, the only one that would lift was the one he had the 'thought' about.

Anyway, it's experiences like this that have led me to think that our 'nighttime experiences' (dreams/lucid dreams/obes etc.) might not all be representing our own subconscious.

I'm not sure what I think that haunted house in my dreams is representing (if anything - who knows maybe our consciousness visits real non-physical places when we dream). One idea I had was that since this scary part of the house is haunted and has spirits/ghosts, that maybe crossing into it allows more of an experience of spirits in the physical (I see energy/auras and this has been increasing over the years and started to see spirits on occasion). Another idea (based on reading Carlos Castaneda) is that the 'safe' side represents the 'tonal' (which very loosely could be compared to normal waking consciousness, actually that's not quite right - it would include normal waking consciousness - since the 'tonal' is all about what is known or knowable.) And therefore the frightening side of the house would represent the 'nagual' (all that is unknowable.)

Anyway, the reason I started this thread is because I'm intrigued to hear from others who dream of a similar house - as it's interesting to see what others have experienced with this and maybe look for patterns. For instance, a few experiences I've heard from others so far say that the scary part of the house is old, with antique furniture or run down. That's the same with my dream haunted house - the side that's scary seems older with with very old fashioned/antique furniture.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience

And it's certainly interesting to ponder over the whys and whats of it all!

Aelf

edit on 19-9-2015 by Aelfrede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Man, you've hit that one the head. I've had recurrent dreams of haunted houses and ghosts for most of my life.

One of my worst nightmares was actually being the ghost in a house I lived in as a child - it was so regular. Night after night, I'd 'drift' down the hallway and be unable to touch anything or let people know that I was 'there.' I'd be trying to open the doors, but had no mass and couldn't affect anything. The despair and helplessness was profoundly disturbing.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
By the way, I forgot to mention that the house I lived in (physically) where I encountered the doll/s in an out of body experience was 'The Old Police House' (when the village used to have their own policeman.)

The dream house I talk about isn't like anywhere I know in the physical.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Honestly, no. I can't find the idea of being terrorized by vengeful spirits fun.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hi intrptr,

thanks for sharing your thoughts. Am exploring the whys and whats of it all. However, in the meantime (and the reason for this thread) have wondered how many of us dream of such houses, where some parts are too frightening to explore. The main reason I wonder this, is to look for patterns - like what I mentioned in another post about how some seem to notice those parts are old/run down. I've spoken to a few who have similar dreams (i.e. either there is a section of the house too frightening to go into or there is another house connected to the 'ok' house ' that feels frightening or dangerous in some way, usually haunted) and they all mention that part of house/other house being really old with antique furniture.

Aelf

a reply to: intrptr

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hi stellawayten,

Interesting you mention underground tunnel, I remember having a series of dreams about an underground tunnel connecting to a dream house I was in. Can't remember how scary it was though. I think it was a bit scary but also exhilarating to go there.

The elevator you mentioned reminds me of a few times (going back a while) where I dreamed about an elevator and it would take me to different times and places - like a portal type elevator. But don't remember any demon connection.
Strange about the pressurized maze.

Yes can relate to the house having loads of bedrooms with antique furniture. That's how it is (when I dream about it) at the moment, especially the part that feels terrifying to go into - all old with antique stuff.

It's strange how big these dream houses can get. Also I sometimes dream of a museum sized building with room after room that looks like each is lived in, possibly by different people, like different rooms in one huge shared house. They usually contain old fashioned stuff. What's strange about that place is you go through one room to the next to the next, there are not many hallways there. There are stairs, which lead to more rooms in a similar format. It would not be very practical as a physical building!

Thanks again for sharing your dream experiences

Aelf

originally posted by: stellawayten

edit on 20-9-2015 by Aelfrede because: spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hi Kandinsky,

thanks for sharing about your dreams. It is strange about these haunted houses and ghost dreams. A while back I used to have a lucid dream mission where I'd ask DCs - dream characters - who they really are. I would ask if they have a physical body sleeping in bed right now. Some replied that they used to have a physical body but not anymore. Of course, just because they say that to me doesn't prove anything for sure, but I do sometimes wonder if when we dream we are engaging in the same territory where spirits (or some spirits) might exist after death.

It sounds horrible how you would drift along the hallway night after night like that, especially dreaming that as a child. Two possibilities come to mind (other than just being some scary nightmare.) One is that you were out of your body in your astral/energy body. The other is that maybe you were experiencing from another being's point of view. Once I dreamed about a child (girl) ghost and then I would dream as if I were her. Maybe the house you lived in at the time was haunted and you experienced how it was for the ghost. Did the dreams stop when you moved from that house?

Aelf

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Man, you've hit that one the head. I've had recurrent dreams of haunted houses and ghosts for most of my life.

One of my worst nightmares was actually being the ghost in a house I lived in as a child - it was so regular. Night after night, I'd 'drift' down the hallway and be unable to touch anything or let people know that I was 'there.' I'd be trying to open the doors, but had no mass and couldn't affect anything. The despair and helplessness was profoundly disturbing.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Most people have parts of their psyche that are to painful to look back at, usually associated with some trauma from the past.

That trauma can be frightening, is a part of our make up (attached) and is from the past (antique or old furnishings), in our "dream house" (self).

You may already be aware of a part of your past that was frightening to you, some event or events that were traumatizing. They are a part of your make up, but they aren't the real you. They have been added by someone else (the frightening faces residing in that scary part of your memories), or something else (events).

The most important thing for you to remember is that these events or memories are in the past, have already happened and can't harm you, other than they may influence your day time actions. After all, they are dreams, right? But for instance may have given you certain phobias, like a fear of the dark, heights or loud noises, etc. Or a fear of relationships, intimacy, trust, that kind of thing.

I don't know you or your past as well as you. Most of us are carrying some kind of baggage. The good thing is something is trying to show you this part of your self and your past so you can review it, resolve it, make your self whole again.

Just replying on what you have said in a general way. Like I said, I don't know if any of this applies to you.

When you are awake during the day, what place in your memory is painful, makes you fearful to look at?

You don't have to answer that, just consider if your real life past matches what happens in your dreams, in any way?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aelfrede
Hi intrptr,

thanks for sharing your thoughts. Am exploring the whys and whats of it all. However, in the meantime (and the reason for this thread) have wondered how many of us dream of such houses, where some parts are too frightening to explore. The main reason I wonder this, is to look for patterns - like what I mentioned in another post about how some seem to notice those parts are old/run down. I've spoken to a few who have similar dreams (i.e. either there is a section of the house too frightening to go into or there is another house connected to the 'ok' house ' that feels frightening or dangerous in some way, usually haunted) and they all mention that part of house/other house being really old with antique furniture.

Aelf

a reply to: intrptr

I've heard that about the haunted houses that it's a part of your life one doesn't want to look at,I have never felt afraid of much and never felt that I was avoiding parts of my life...who knows could be parts of a past life?
I've had 3 "nightmares" or reoccurring nightmares throughout my life 2 of which I've had since I was a child these 3 dreams are the only ones that have made wake up startled or gasping.one is the haunted house not my house nor any that I have lived in,and I've lived in many.I always try to make it to the 2nd or 3rd floor but can never bring myself to go there ...way too scary I mean beyond frightened I feel someone is following me and if I go further something really awful will happen.it's been a few years since having that one.
the next one involves me living on a beach relaxing I can see myself reading a book but then I get up and walk to a huge glass window and I see a tsunami coming at me I turn to run...I wake up.
the 3rd is being trapped underground in some type of tunnel and I can't breath this one is recent that I've had 3 times now and is probably the worst yet I wake up feeling I can't breath and have to walk around the house until it passes.I had this one 2 nights ago for the 3rd time in the past 6 months.
bizarre

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

Those first two dreams you describe sound almost identical to dreams I've had many times. I haven't had either one for many years, but I still remember them both vividly. That third dream you described sounds to me like the worst by far! I never want to dream that, that's one of my worst fears I think. Oh man, why did I have to read it? Now I'll probably dream it too...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

that's why I replied to this thread I had a strange feeling others have had similar dreams. it's just bizarre cause I'm not one to believe in coincidence's.these are the only vivid dreams I've had multiple times throughout my life...what would be the reason for others having the same ones?
I don't think it's anything I'm doing in my life at the time that bring about nightmares they pop up once in awhile and then there gone.
I will say I don't buy into the classic dream explanations I think there is much more to it...what? I don't know I don't even have a theory.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Wanted to bump this thread to see if any other 'dreamers' out there remember dreaming of being in a haunted house?

Possibly it's a recurring dream and feels like the same place every time (although details might vary a bit) but overall has the same atmosphere/'energy signature'?

Maybe the house has an area you are too afraid to go in? Or perhaps it is a completely separate section (like the other half of the house) where no one ever dares go? Or even another house right next to the 'normal' one, which no one ever wants to go and check on because it is so terrifyingly haunted no one can bare the thought of going near?

Or maybe your haunted house is different or it doesn't give you that feeling of fear?

Feedback and experiences welcome :thumbs:

originally posted by: Aelfrede
Hi there,

was wondering if any of you dream about living in a house (possibly fairly large) where a section of it is haunted?

I have been having dreams from time to time about a house I'm living in (in the dream) that has a section that feels haunted, and
feels incredibly scary to enter that part. Sometimes beings, ghosts, entities (or whatever) will come from that part. It often can feel that it is an extra home that joins on to the home I'm living in (in dream) that can be accessed from my 'normal' dream home. The 'haunted' part feels so horrendously frightening - the worse kind of 'don't EVER go there' you can think of.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else is having similar dreams?

Thanks,

Aelf

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thanks for that intrptr :thumbs: (and sorry this is such a late reply!)

It is one 'angle' on the situation I consider (that it is all 'me').

However, it does feel very real - (like other dreams/dream states can as well) as if all that really is happening somewhere other than being the mere imaginings conjoured up by the brain

originally posted by: intrptr

Most people have parts of their psyche that are to painful to look back at, usually associated with some trauma from the past.

That trauma can be frightening, is a part of our make up (attached) and is from the past (antique or old furnishings), in our "dream house" (self).

You may already be aware of a part of your past that was frightening to you, some event or events that were traumatizing. They are a part of your make up, but they aren't the real you. They have been added by someone else (the frightening faces residing in that scary part of your memories), or something else (events).

The most important thing for you to remember is that these events or memories are in the past, have already happened and can't harm you, other than they may influence your day time actions. After all, they are dreams, right? But for instance may have given you certain phobias, like a fear of the dark, heights or loud noises, etc. Or a fear of relationships, intimacy, trust, that kind of thing.

I don't know you or your past as well as you. Most of us are carrying some kind of baggage. The good thing is something is trying to show you this part of your self and your past so you can review it, resolve it, make your self whole again.

Just replying on what you have said in a general way. Like I said, I don't know if any of this applies to you.

When you are awake during the day, what place in your memory is painful, makes you fearful to look at?

You don't have to answer that, just consider if your real life past matches what happens in your dreams, in any way?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join