It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can Christians be Patriotic?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: onthedownlow

Well I love you my friend.

If you don't love me you are ignoring Jesus' words. Yes, you are a VERY bad Christian and I would argue not a true Christian at all, that is if a true Christian is someone who follows Jesus' word. You do not follow his word obviously.

I have no agenda, apparently you do though.

What does the bible say about the deceiver?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Today, the meaning of spirituality and humanity is so twisted up. I think people have hoodwinked themselves to believe that as long as they go to church and keep up appearances of belonging and practicing on some minimal level, they can love their money, stuff and self to the limits of their ability.

Just as long as they 'attend' church, bow their head and 'pray' and put 'a little something' in the basket, all is good.

That way they don't have to actually be generous, help people in need, or go out of their way. Such a small price to pay to have everything the world has to offer.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: infolurker

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
People who are willing to die for their country are what we call patriots, in that sense Christian soldiers were making themselves an enemy of God when they decided to die for their country.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers here, just calling it how I see it.

Look, my job is not to Die For My Country. My job is to make the other SOB Die for his!

LOL

You know I signed that damned line too. Evangelical christians trying to make themselves into somewhat pathetic creatures, to be felt sorry for.

Sorry, didn't get it. Explain?
edit on 16-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yet they were still willing to die for their country. It's obvious that no one goes into war wanting to die but when they do they did it for their country.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

What does the bible say about loving others as yourself? What does it say about those who do not follow Jesus' word?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Well I love you my friend.

If you don't love me you are ignoring Jesus' words. Yes, you are a VERY bad Christian and I would argue not a true Christian at all, that is if a true Christian is someone who follows Jesus' word. You do not follow his word obviously.

I have no agenda, apparently you do though.

You have all kinds of agenda, and to call out another Christian in a public thread, the goes against my agnostic beliefs. I follow no man written rules, and your bible was written by man, illiterate camel herders from 2000 years ago, how any intelligent individual on this earth can follow that bovine feces, I am just f'n amazed.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Your comment here would make sense if I were actually Christian and believed the bible to be God's word, but I don't. Though you are wrong about the bible being written by illiterate sheepherders, it's a brilliant book but it was written to oppress us. The bible is propaganda.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

People who are willing to die for their country are what we call patriots, in that sense Christian soldiers were making themselves an enemy of God when they decided to die for their country.

Look, my job is not to Die For My Country. My job is to make the other SOB Die for his!

LOL

You know I signed that damned line too. Evangelical christians trying to make themselves into somewhat pathetic creatures, to be felt sorry for.

English you want, I signed that damn line too, did seven years active duty. I am sick and tired of evangelical christians violating my personal space with with their man in the sky BS. Take your evangelical BS somewhere else, some of us are tired of 2000 year old fairy tales.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

What does the bible say about loving others as yourself? What does it say about those who do not follow Jesus' word?

You either die For something or Of something.

Everything within reason. God didn't tell us to lay down and let someone rape your wife and daughters while you pray for them.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Your comment here would make sense if I were actually Christian and believed the bible to be God's word, but I don't. Though you are wrong about the bible being written by illiterate sheepherders, it's a brilliant book but it was written to oppress us. The bible is propaganda.

Whether you are Christian or not, was written 2000 years ago, where not a lot of literacy was present, I will agree that some parts of it are good, but even in 340 ad, they were adding and removing parts from it. Christianity is bogus from start to finish.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

What does this have to do with my post? You can love people without liking them, if someone is attacking my family you can be damn sure I'm going to defend my family no matter the cost.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

LOL

English you want, I signed that damn line too, did seven years active duty. I am sick and tired of evangelical christians violating my personal space with with their man in the sky BS. Take your evangelical BS somewhere else, some of us are tired of 2000 year old fairy tales.

So, you purposely clicked on, read, and commented on a religious thread because it violated your personal space and you had no choice but to read it and make negative comments?

LOL.

Good One.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I agree, but the illiterate didn't write the bible, those in power did. They trained people in reading, writing, and occult knowledge then commissioned them to write a propaganda piece using that occult knowledge. The bible has truth within it, it's only a matter of seeing past the literal interpretation that religion teaches.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

LOL

So, you purposely clicked on, read, and commented on a religious thread because it violated your personal space and you had no choice but to read it and make negative comments?

LOL.

Good One.

Yeah I did, because I am tired of have religious bull feces shoved down my throat. I am pretty sure I will spread this where ever I decide to travel in the future, because at this point it is pissing me off.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I agree, but the illiterate didn't write the bible, those in power did. They trained people in reading, writing, and occult knowledge then commissioned them to write a propaganda piece using that occult knowledge. The bible has truth within it, it's only a matter of seeing past the literal interpretation that religion teaches.

Yes you are right, and the bible does contain truth. The historical and genealogy parts were "urban legends" passed down orally. I left the church many, many years ago, and only live by one law now. Treat others as you yourself would like to be treated. I have friends from many walks of life.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

The message is really concluded to is not to deceive your self.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Are you kidding me. The Christian Bible is one of the greatest examples of occult meme. Make no mistake that I am not causing complaint. In fact sometimes I study reality and try to analysis it scientifically. Examining the seemingly complex lairs of discovery.

Lastly and since my own demons are hounding down upon me complaining about those guys working the operation of the LHC keep leaving dirty atoms in the abyss.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

You have all kinds of agenda, and to call out another Christian in a public thread, the goes against my agnostic beliefs. I follow no man written rules, and your bible was written by man, illiterate camel herders from 2000 years ago, how any intelligent individual on this earth can follow that bovine feces, I am just f'n amazed.

Intelligence is highly overrated...

I'm willing to bet that most illiterate 'camel herders' have far more sense than us civilized folk.

The only thing that I find 'f'n' amazing is that whenever someone claims that the bible was the work of illiterate camel herders, it's NEVER backed up with any evidence.

Coincidence?

I think NOT...

Never mind the fact that Borel's law and the mathematical odds make that an impossibility.

Add to that fact that God has also endorsed the Bible with countless signs and wonders throughout history and it becomes very obvious what the real 'faith' is...

And you think there's actually no hidden agenda behind those agnostic beliefs of yours?

That theory pretty much evaporates when one looks at how much TPTB puts into pushing them down our throats.

edit on 17-9-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
In The Sermon on The Mount, Jesus says that fighting/killing is an incorrect teaching, that forgiveness is better:

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." - Matthew 5:39

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44

"For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?" - Matthew 5:46

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." - Matthew 5:48

edit on 17-9-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

How can Christians be Patriotic?

This is a really good question, and one that may be more about how one defines "patriotic".... for me, I think there is always a fine line between patriotism and nationalism. I would define "patriotism" as believing in and working towards the greater good of the nation. As opposed to nationalism, which is "my nation right or wrong rah rah rah."

So -- in my opinion, of course -- when we, as a nation, respect and honor and uphold natural law, we are therefore respecting and honoring and upholding God's law, so it's all good, and I can support my nation.

But that's not what we've been doing for too long. So I cannot be a nationalist who supports my country for what it's currently doing here and abroad, but I can hope and pray and work towards a return to the principles and deeds that do make us great. I consider that patriotism too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join